Speedrunning the Stormlight Archives

Necessary Eagle

I have a shameful confession to make. Until this Friday, I did not own Way of Kings.

The first time I read WoK, I got it out of the library. The second time I read WoK, I got it out of the library. I finally decided to buy myself a copy that I could reread at my leisure, whenever that leisure might be. It probably wasn't going to be any time soon, because I didn't think I could limit myself to less than a full SA read-through; I am a very fast reader, but RoW is coming out in a few weeks and I had library books.

But you know what? The library books turned out not to be very good, so I decided to crack Way of Kings after all.

Over the course of Shabbat I got through about... I'd say 850 pages? Give or take? I'm thinking this may be doable after all. I do have a lot of free time on my hands these days. Fellow Radiants, I am going to try to finish all three books before the release of Rhythm of War. And probably Edgedancer. And of course Dawnshard. And if I don't make, it well, journey before destination, right?

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

First of all what's Shabbat and I read stormlight twice in preparation for RoW and now I have to wait and satisfy myself with RoW preview chapters :(

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
3 minutes ago, Necessary Eagle said:

Sorry. Jewish Sabbath, from Friday night to Saturday night.

Ok I know what the Sabbath is just didn't know what the Shabbat was :)

• 2 weeks later...

I found myself in the ironic position of trying to stretch out my OB reread so that I'd have it to read for this shabbat... but I finished it. At eleven thirty last night. 60gRN2F.png

Should I take a crack at Warbreaker or do a second read of Dawnshard? Or do you think I should take a Sando break and go find some books I haven't actually read yet?