Aspiring Writer

halloween
What are you doing for Halloween?

57 posts in this topic

On 10/24/2020 at 8:00 AM, Doomstick said:

I changed my pfp to include voidbringer Pattern. I’m going to play Curse of Strahd over discord

never really played any of the adventure modules, but I've heard curse of strahd is awesome

I'm gonna go to my friends house and probably watch a movie or something

Edited by Ark1002

8 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

never really played any of the adventure modules, but I've heard curse of strahd is awesome

Have fun with that!

12 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

I’ve heard that it’s the best of them

1 minute ago, Doomstick said:

I’ve heard that it’s the best of them

me too. I don't know if it's the one I most want to play, as the character idea I love most would be really boring there.

On the other hand, I am first and foremost a DM, so running it would be epic.

My plan for my Halloween costume:

(Spoiled for size)

Spoiler

49E7B146-B37E-4BC5-90CA-4C2C6BD86942.thumb.jpeg.6ab699c800bdad7c23950b0690b4649b.jpeg

It’s not complete yet, but the mistcloak is the most important part! I’m planning on adding some sort of leather belt to hold three or four glass vials with metal flakes inside (made of torn aluminum foil (which doesn’t work in the Cosme but it looks nice)). I’ve already added a hood onto it to look more mysterious; coupled with the black pants and fleece I’m going to wear underneath, I should inspire fear and mystery in the heart of every skaa that sets their eyes on me!

Dang, man. That’s awesome! Hmmm. Let me guess, you are going as a shardbearer for Halloween?

8 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

My plan for my Halloween costume

Dude, it looks so good! And the leather belt with vials will look awesome. A coin pouch on the belt would be cool too. You’ll have to show us another picture when it’s all complete. :D

54 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Dang, man. That’s awesome! Hmmm. Let me guess, you are going as a shardbearer for Halloween?

:oHow’d you guess?!

53 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Dude, it looks so good! And the leather belt with vials will look awesome. A coin pouch on the belt would be cool too. You’ll have to show us another picture when it’s all complete. :D

Thanks! I definitely plan on it, cuz it’s gonna look storming awesome!

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

(Spoiled for size)

Hide contents

49E7B146-B37E-4BC5-90CA-4C2C6BD86942.thumb.jpeg.6ab699c800bdad7c23950b0690b4649b.jpeg

It’s not complete yet, but the mistcloak is the most important part! I’m planning on adding some sort of leather belt to hold three or four glass vials with metal flakes inside (made of torn aluminum foil (which doesn’t work in the Cosme but it looks nice)). I’ve already added a hood onto it to look more mysterious; coupled with the black pants and fleece I’m going to wear underneath, I should inspire fear and mystery in the heart of every skaa that sets their eyes on me!

I did one of those last halloween

except I spent about an hour on mine in total xD

27 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

I did one of those last halloween

except I spent about an hour on mine in total xD

Oh nice I wish mine had taken that short:P

What material did you use to make your cloak?

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

:oHow’d you guess?!

Thanks! I definitely plan on it, cuz it’s gonna look storming awesome!

I am just awesome. :D

Hehe. I don’t know. . . 

2 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Oh nice I wish mine had taken that short:P

What material did you use to make your cloak?

the cloak for my costume the year before, but with its hood cut off and cut little strips in xD

7 hours ago, Ark1002 said:
On 10/25/2020 at 0:00 AM, Doomstick said:

I changed my pfp to include voidbringer Pattern. I’m going to play Curse of Strahd over discord

I've had the book for years now, but I haven't found a good time to run it yet! Maybe I need to run it for Halloween, like you. I've read it, though, and it seems like it may take a few sessions to finish. I did have an Innistrad one-shot I planned a while ago that I never ran, so maybe I'll do that.

Last year, I attempted to make a cardboard Shardblade. It didn't work so well. I may still have the remnants around here somewhere...

This year, I'm going to rewatch The Owl House with my family, so that will be fun. ^_^

Holy crap, people are actually posting on this? I thought the thread would die faster than my Sources of the Universe Chapters on Creator's Corner which all of you should read. #Shamelessplug.

On 10/25/2020 at 11:50 AM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

(Spoiled for size)

Reveal hidden contents

...! That's awesome! Yes! great costume. Also, somehow, I felt like you were blond.

4 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

...! That's awesome! Yes! great costume. Also, somehow, I felt like you were blond.

Thanks!! And I give off a blond vibe, huh? Interesting... I’ve really only had this color of hair my entire life.

10 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Thanks!! And I give off a blond vibe, huh? Interesting... I’ve really only had this color of hair my entire life.

When I was little I had blonde hair, but now for some reason I have brown hair. 

2 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

When I was little I had blonde hair, but now for some reason I have brown hair. 

Yeah, same here! It only lasted a few weeks? months? before it went away and I gained the brown hair I have now

It lasted until I was like three and a half. Now I got brown hair. 

5 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

It lasted until I was like three and a half. Now I got brown hair. 

I have dark brown hair but every now and again some of it turns blond and it's so weird

Yeah, same. I used to have golden-blonde locks (curly hair) but now I just have a dark-brown afro. In the summer the ends of my hair turn blonde though.

I’m doing a double feature of Halloween and Halloween 2018.

Recently bought the Arkham Horror card game.  Going to play that with my fiancé on Halloween.  Probably watch a spooky movie or two as well.

On 10/25/2020 at 1:50 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

(Spoiled for size)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm basically doing the same thing. I've got some vials and corks with little metal beads. I've made a mistcloak and I covered cardboard cutouts of daggers with black electrical tape to make them look like obsidian. I also plan to face paint scars on my arms.