Weird stereotypes for your country/state/province/whatever ya wanna call it

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

17 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

That's a myth. Why would they not smell like anything but a bridge?

Could you people maybe tell me some chicago stereotypes? I'm curious to see where I fit in.

..... not sure you want these but here

Spoiler

high crime particularly homicide

riots(cus 2020)

NYC. Resident of NYC here to speak for the big apple/ the city that never sleeps (Whoever came up with these nicknames was a fool of the non imperial variety.)

-Loud and obnoxious (depends who you talk to)

-Has a thick accent. (None that I have noticed.)

-Has the best sports franchises (*Shrugs*)

- Has four boroughs (Lies!!)

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

NYC. Resident of NYC here to speak for the big apple/ the city that never sleeps (Whoever came up with these nicknames was a fool of the non imperial variety.)

Is it dying? From your perspective.

Just now, Frustration said:

Is it dying? From your perspective.

I think that the question is a complicated one. Certainly there are parts of NY where things have gotten much worse and people have moved out. However, I'm not so sure that is so easy to say that it is dying. It is in bad shape, but things can turn around if the government does things right.

15 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I’m walkin' here! :P

Stereotypical Seattleites: what happens when you take a bunch of stereotypical Canadians and force them to live in the US under a constant drip of rain, and the people at the top of the social ladder are the socially awkward tech nerds. Also, coffee.

i.e. they're polite but it kinda becomes passive aggressive due to rain and low average social skills, and they want universal, government-funded healthcare. Also, coffee.

From my limited experience (seeing as I didn't grow up here and am a social shut-in), seems pretty legit.

2 hours ago, FriarFritz said:

Stereotypical Seattleites: what happens when you take a bunch of stereotypical Canadians and force them to live in the US under a constant drip of rain, and the people at the top of the social ladder are the socially awkward tech nerds. Also, coffee.

i.e. they're polite but it kinda becomes passive aggressive due to rain and low average social skills, and they want universal, government-funded healthcare. Also, coffee.

From my limited experience (seeing as I didn't grow up here and am a social shut-in), seems pretty legit.

ok guys hear me out, but I have proof that impolite Canadians exist.

I'm not crazy I swear,

hey why are these guys putting a straitjacket on me?

On 10/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, Chasmgoat said:

was this inspired by my Texas comment?

anyway...

(most of these are not weird stereotypes)

I am Texan and some stereotypes include:

• that everyone is a cowboy kinda person
  • that everyone is really really big on football. (most people are though...)
  • we only eat barbeque and steak and big juicy burgers. (I wish this was true)
  • we live in a desert
  • everything is bigger in texas
  • we only listen to country music

also, @Scarletfox, if you want you can tell me if any of the above need revising...

Some more Texas stereotypes include:

• We all speak Spanish
  • Half of us are Mexican (where I live, yeah kind of)
  • All of our food is really spicy (this is extremely inaccurate, everyone else's food is bland)
  • We are all super crazy drivers 
  • We can't stand the cold (ok, yeah.)
  • We all have giant egos (yup. Although I might change that to a 98%of us have giant egos)

And then some linguistic misunderstandings that I think are absolutely hilarious (these are way off):

• Sam Hill was a historical figure
  • Dinner and supper are equals
  • The little golden things are fireflies
  • Iced tea can be either sweet tea or unsweet tea is any tea with ice in it
  • And my personal favorite:
  • "Bless your heart" is a compliment
Edited by Scarletfox

6 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

• We all speak Spanish
  • All of our food is really spicy (this is extremely inaccurate, everyone else's food is bland)
  • We all have giant egos (yup. Although I might change that to a 98%of us have giant egos)

And then some linguistic misunderstandings that I think are absolutely hilarious (these are way off):

How common are signs along the lines of "my alarm tells me there's an intruder in my house, my gun tells me, not for long"?

So...I had to look up stereotypes for my area since I see it as a rather average place, none too interesting*. 

Apparently we...:

• Talk funny (Maybe further south? Or maybe I just don't notice it?)
  • Eat a lot of seafood (I have never eaten much seafood due to religious reasons, but maybe people do?)
  • Are obsessed with one sports team (I have yet to meet a fan of that team, but maybe that's another further south thing?)
  • Are also obsessed with one type of seasoning (I had never heard of it prior to this search)
  • Pretty much all live in one city (False. I do not live there and while I know people from there, there is much more to the state)
  • Drive aggressively (Uh...not really? Maybe in other areas?)
  • Are very proud of our flag (I mean, it's cool, but I like it for its historical significance, not the actual design)

I feel very enlightened. :lol:

*Though, that may be the case for everyone. Home is home.

9 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

• We all speak Spanish

Ok, either we've been seeping stereotypes your way or the other way around because that's a lot like Mexico. 

Disregarding the fact that we all speak Spanish and that half the population is Mexican for obvious reasons, all of our food actually is really spicy, seriously, it's kind of dangerous.

We do drive like crem, you have to look both ways before crossing a one way street just in case, and I lived in a city once that had a saying. "Those who drive in Cuauhtémoc can drive anywhere in the world". And that was a freaking small town. Imagine the big ones. 

We can't stand the cold. I mean, there are some rebels like me who prefer it, but if we go below 20 Celsius you already have people complaining about the cold. 

And egos, well, we have an entire meme category about how we're better than everyone. Though that may be the case for every country but, Idk, it kinda fits. 

21 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

The second one is offensive to me, as a Midwest person. The last one is also hilarious.

On 27/10/2020 at 2:54 AM, caranise said:

Bizim hakkımızda ne tür kalıp yargılarınız var bilmiyorum ama bir sorunuz varsa cevaplayacağım. 

I am a Turk

All the Turks I know are really into weightlifting and soccer. Is that accurate? 

On 27/10/2020 at 4:49 PM, Nathrangking said:

NYC. Resident of NYC here to speak for the big apple

Has *ALL the franchises. NY, Texas, and California need to share some of the athleticism around. Or at least loan out your teams in the off season, I'd love to borrow the Rangers for a few weeks. Don't worry, you'd get everyone back... minusLafrenière,heisoursnow,pleaseweneedacupwinsobadly. 

On 28/10/2020 at 0:17 PM, FriarFritz said:

What? Canadians in Seattle?? What a, what a coincidence. I, I wonder how they could have possibly got there haha. Wow, that's craz- we've been had, boys! Pull the spies out of there, we can take out that space needle spy tower some other time

Also, Canada has snow, I'm told. Dunno where they're hiding it this year, but it's probably around here somewhere. And we all talk like Newfoundlanders, according to SNL. 

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

Hey people from weird places (non montana places) give me some montana stereotypes please also three pages already what stereotypical Seventeenth Sharders you are