Stormlight Book 5 Acronym

Chinkoln

On 28/10/2020 at 2:03 AM, Zorben said:
On 27/10/2020 at 3:11 AM, Wyndleblade said:

Not that the title necessarily has anything to do with who has the flashbacks but it is Szeths book.

Killer of the West

Don't forget that the titles are in-world books as well. So unless someone is writing a biography of Szeth, this is probably not it.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a biography of Szeth specifically, could instead be a recounting of the events of his cleansing of Shinovar (which he swore to at the end of OB). If it was based off of phonetics more than strictly the letters, I would like Cleansing of the West better, but it wouldn't be very intuitive to some for tWoK, WoR, O, RoW, CotW to be a symetrical title (the same can be said for KotW at the last one, but we can always just sans out the 'the' on WoK and KoW and that works fine)

Let's keep in mind that this will be Book 5 of a 5 part series. So I think the title should be something somewhat optimistic (Along the veins of Hero of Ages or A Memory of Light). This is what I came up with:

Keys of the World

Keys has the double meaning of Tones. The in-world book could be an ancient Singer hymnal or something.

Edited by Zorben

Bit late to the party, but ever since the acronym palindrome has become a possibility, I've been thinking a very likely title for a Szeth/Shin-focused book that does include the T could be "Keeper(s) of W??? Truths".

Edit: Ah, I see that some people in the other thread had similar ideas (with "W" as "Written" or "Wordless").

Edited by Mender

• 2 weeks later...

I like Keeper of... 

Keepers of Worlds (Shin knowledge of the cosmere/being from off-world originally)

Keepers of Written Truths (shardic hark back to mistborn and shards not seeing stuff written on metal) 

Keeper of Winds Tethered (honor tethering/putting laws on surgebinding)

Knights of World's Torn (the destruction of ashyn)

Personally, I think it has to be killer something. We all know book one has Kings, and kings of something isn’t Brandon’s style. Sorry, I don’t mean to be mean to you, that’s just my thinking. 
Killer of White. 
Keeper of Worlds. 
Keeper of White. 

Breaking away from the ____ of ____, Killer Or Warrior? [a book about the morality and legality of war crimes focusing on the Blackthorn's actions], Killing Our Weakness [a book about the necessity of impartiality and unbiased opinion in the legal system], Kholins On War [a book interviewing each Kholin about war]

• 9 months later...
38 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

something something "these words are accepted" :P

Right? Brandon if you’re reading this, please put it on record that I called it first! 

Seriously, it might be something the Heralds or Ishar wrote for the Shin, which is believed (correct me if I’m wrong) to be an Ashyn-town for Roshar. They were entrusted to guard the powers that once destroyed their previous home planet after the Heralds left. Maybe that’s why they have all these rules about treating stormlight as holy and give more importance to preserving life than taking it. IIRC, they are also trained the use of the Honorblades but within controlled environment and supervision. They respect the Heralds as gods and maybe this book is like the Bible to them. 

Between the end of RoW and the beginning of book 5, which was set within days, I don’t know how much information our main characters can get from Shinovar and will it have the weight to affect Dalinar’s decisions moving forward. But I guess, Brandon wouldn’t squeeze this in if it wasn’t or maybe the Shin storyline will happen after the showdown of champions. This is probably for another thread. 

Anyway, that’s my theory, an in-world book of guidelines made for the future residents of Roshar but made into laws of a country. And don’t get me started on the real world similarities of persecuting someone who asks questions that undermine the authenticity of a holy book. 

PS: I’m new to the forum, so please be kind, thanks! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We now know the likely name

Shreyas Wajekar

I'm just going to throw in a title suggestion for Stormlight 5. Knight(s) of Withered Truth(s).

Brandon Sanderson

That's a good one. I've toyed with Knights of Woeful Truth for a while. That's the frontrunner, but yours isn't a bad one.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/484/#e15377

and

Maor Bril

SA 5 Title: Knight Of Winds and Thunder

Brandon Sanderson

That's not bad, actually. One of the better suggestions I've been given. But it can't just be cool, it has to match the text. Knight of or Knights of is likely to start it, but the last words are ones I'm still mulling over.

So it will start with Knights of and most likely be Knights of Woeful Truth as of now