Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vessel of Theory

Elentrian Worldhoppers

19 posts in this topic

So Riino, the Hoed from Elantris who's mantra is "so beautiful, once so very beautiful", is the lighthouse keeper in Shadesmar. Okay. Wow.

Do we know of any other series with Elantrians in them? Or, I guess a better question would be, do we know any other Worldhoppers from Sel?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mistborn: Secret History spoilers:

Spoiler

The Ire are Elantrians. Pre-Reod, iirc.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A better question is how the hell do they leave

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

A better question is how the hell do they leave

Wrap themselves in aluminum foil :P 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Wrap themselves in aluminum foil :P 

I have a feeling whatever kills you when you leave sel will still kill you with foil.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

I have a feeling whatever kills you when you leave sel will still kill you with foil.

The maelstrom that Dominion and Devotion have become from being shoved into the Cognitive would be Investiture-based, so aluminum would do something, but yeah the foil thing was a joke.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Falkir said:

So Riino, the Hoed from Elantris who's mantra is "so beautiful, once so very beautiful", is the lighthouse keeper in Shadesmar. Okay. Wow.

Do we know of any other series with Elantrians in them? Or, I guess a better question would be, do we know any other Worldhoppers from Sel?

Well, Brandon kind of cackled when someone asked if Shai was on Roshar. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Falkir said:

Do we know of any other series with Elantrians in them? Or, I guess a better question would be, do we know any other Worldhoppers from Sel?

Spoiler

Galladon is in Hoid-Hunting-Team of 17th Shard, besiedes Demoux and Baon.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Invocation said:

Wrap themselves in aluminum foil :P 

That is a much better suggestion than intended.

However, it cannot be the whole truth, as it cannot account for Riino.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bzhydack said:
  Hide contents

Galladon is in Hoid-Hunting-Team of 17th Shard, besiedes Demoux and Baon.

 

What do you mean? Are these people's usernames in 17th shard?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falkir said:

What do you mean? Are these people's usernames in 17th shard?

Spoiler

"17th Shard" is in-Cosmere organization of worldhoppers. You think why this forum has this name? They are watching what happens in all worlds.

Those are their own names. Ishikk, fiishermen from purelake in WoK I1, mentioned them different, because he canot spell their names properly.

Galladon has name Grump, is from Sel. Weve seen him in "Elantris".

Demoux has name Thinker, is from Scadrial. Weve seen him in all 1E Mistborn

Baon has name Blunt, is from Taldain, Dark Side. Weve seen him i White Sand.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:
  Hide contents

"17th Shard" is in-Cosmere organization of worldhoppers. You think why this forum has this name? They are watching what happens in all worlds.

Those are their own names. Ishikk, fiishermen from purelake in WoK I1, mentioned them different, because he canot spell their names properly.

Galladon has name Grump, is from Sel. Weve seen him in "Elantris".

Demoux has name Thinker, is from Scadrial. Weve seen him in all 1E Mistborn

Baon has name Blunt, is from Taldain, Dark Side. Weve seen him i White Sand.

 

Wow

that's... wow. Thanks, that makes sense now :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Falkir said:

Wow

that's... wow. Thanks, that makes sense now :) 

Spoiler

One of the letters - Epigraphs of WoK, mentiones them, so they are not completly unknown.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't they also say their names? I always thought part of the joke was that in that scene, Ishikk think it's ridiculous that they gave him these fake names ("Temoo" and "Vao") when actually, they literally said their actual names ("Temoo" = "Demoux", "Vao" = "Baon", just with some pronunciation difficulties in the local language.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 6:23 PM, Bzhydack said:
  Hide contents

"17th Shard" is in-Cosmere organization of worldhoppers. You think why this forum has this name? They are watching what happens in all worlds.

Those are their own names. Ishikk, fiishermen from purelake in WoK I1, mentioned them different, because he canot spell their names properly.

Galladon has name Grump, is from Sel. Weve seen him in "Elantris".

Demoux has name Thinker, is from Scadrial. Weve seen him in all 1E Mistborn

Baon has name Blunt, is from Taldain, Dark Side. Weve seen him i White Sand.

 

Can I have some background on Baon?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LifeBeforeDeath said:

Can I have some background on Baon?

 

Do you want to read White Sand or do you want Spoilers?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Frustration said:

Do you want to read White Sand or do you want Spoilers?

Spoilers, please!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, ftl said:

Don't they also say their names? I always thought part of the joke was that in that scene, Ishikk think it's ridiculous that they gave him these fake names ("Temoo" and "Vao") when actually, they literally said their actual names ("Temoo" = "Demoux", "Vao" = "Baon", just with some pronunciation difficulties in the local language.)

The problem with that is that the person called "Temoo" in the chapter isn't Demoux. It's Galladon.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temoo is probably a Dula word. It has that kind of ring to it. (Fellavoo, Tooladoo)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.