Elentrian Worldhoppers

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

I have a feeling whatever kills you when you leave sel will still kill you with foil.

The maelstrom that Dominion and Devotion have become from being shoved into the Cognitive would be Investiture-based, so aluminum would do something, but yeah the foil thing was a joke.

9 hours ago, Falkir said:

So Riino, the Hoed from Elantris who's mantra is "so beautiful, once so very beautiful", is the lighthouse keeper in Shadesmar. Okay. Wow.

Do we know of any other series with Elantrians in them? Or, I guess a better question would be, do we know any other Worldhoppers from Sel?

Well, Brandon kind of cackled when someone asked if Shai was on Roshar. 

1 minute ago, Falkir said:

What do you mean? Are these people's usernames in 17th shard?

Spoiler

"17th Shard" is in-Cosmere organization of worldhoppers. You think why this forum has this name? They are watching what happens in all worlds.

Those are their own names. Ishikk, fiishermen from purelake in WoK I1, mentioned them different, because he canot spell their names properly.

Galladon has name Grump, is from Sel. Weve seen him in "Elantris".

Demoux has name Thinker, is from Scadrial. Weve seen him in all 1E Mistborn

Baon has name Blunt, is from Taldain, Dark Side. Weve seen him i White Sand.

6 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:
  Hide contents

"17th Shard" is in-Cosmere organization of worldhoppers. You think why this forum has this name? They are watching what happens in all worlds.

Those are their own names. Ishikk, fiishermen from purelake in WoK I1, mentioned them different, because he canot spell their names properly.

Wow

that's... wow. Thanks, that makes sense now :) 

Don't they also say their names? I always thought part of the joke was that in that scene, Ishikk think it's ridiculous that they gave him these fake names ("Temoo" and "Vao") when actually, they literally said their actual names ("Temoo" = "Demoux", "Vao" = "Baon", just with some pronunciation difficulties in the local language.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 6:23 PM, Bzhydack said:
  Hide contents

Can I have some background on Baon?

On 10/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, ftl said:

Don't they also say their names? I always thought part of the joke was that in that scene, Ishikk think it's ridiculous that they gave him these fake names ("Temoo" and "Vao") when actually, they literally said their actual names ("Temoo" = "Demoux", "Vao" = "Baon", just with some pronunciation difficulties in the local language.)

The problem with that is that the person called "Temoo" in the chapter isn't Demoux. It's Galladon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/24/2020 at 1:58 AM, Chanarach said:

Well, Brandon kind of cackled when someone asked if Shai was on Roshar. 

Seriously? Why on earth - or Roshar, in this case - would Shai be there? How did she get there? And isn't there going to be an Emperor's Soul sequel?

Could you post the WoB for me, if it's out there? I want to see this

Questioner

Is Shai on Roshar?

Brandon Sanderson

Good question!

Questioner

Has she already popped up?

Brandon Sanderson

She has not already popped up.

Questioner

So she's not a Radiant. Or is she?

Brandon Sanderson

You have not seen her on screen yet, other than in her story.

Words of Radiance Philadelphia signing (March 21, 2014)

• 8 months later...
On 11/10/2020 at 7:45 AM, datalaughing said:

The problem with that is that the person called "Temoo" in the chapter isn't Demoux. It's Galladon.

This is a real old post, but for some reason I just was reminded, went to that scene, and looked at the interaction. I think the person called "Temoo" actually IS Thinker (Demoux), not Galladon. It's not clear because its' a three-way interaction - Grump (Galladon) tells Blunt (Baon) that the fish thing is superstition and then Blunt asks Demoux (Thinker) for his opinion. The full interaction is below:

The three looked at him. “There may be something to these fish, you know,” Blunt said.

“Superstition,” Grump replied. “You always look for superstition, Vao.”

Vao wasn’t the man’s real name; Ishikk was sure they used fake names. That was why he used his own names for them. If they were going to give him fake names, he’d give them fake names back.

“And you, Temoo?” Blunt snapped. “We can’t pontificate our way to—”

“Gentlemen,” Thinker said. He nodded to Ishikk, who was still slurping his soup. All three of them switched to another language and continued their argument.

To me, "And you, Temoo?" Doesn't seem like a direct response to Grump's previous comment - it was Vao asking for input from someone who was being silent (hence, "And you?", which doesn't make sense as a direct retort.) In addition, Blunt complains at the guy for "pontificating", which also seems like he's referring to "Thinker".

So I'm sticking with it. Galladon = Grump, Blunt = Baon = Vao, Thinker = Demoux = Temoo.

Edited by ftl