Mraize's chicken

IgnisAurum

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I am relistening to Oathbringer in preparation for RoW, and I noticed when Shallan sees Mraize while he is undercover with Sadeas' troops that Mraize has a green chicken with a wicked looking beak.  Could this be an aviar from First of the Sun?

8 minutes ago, IgnisAurum said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I am relistening to Oathbringer in preparation for RoW, and I noticed when Shallan sees Mraize while he is undercover with Sadeas' troops that Mraize has a green chicken with a wicked looking beak.  Could this be an aviar from First of the Sun?

It is indeed an aviar:

Hoidonalsium

Is Mraize's strange chicken Invested? Like the birds of Sixth of the Dusk?

Brandon Sanderson

It is an Aviar.

Oathbringer Glasgow signing (Dec. 2, 2017)

7 minutes ago, IgnisAurum said:

Mmmm, theory

Here's the Coppermind entry for aviar, you've probably looked at it though.

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Aviar

Mraize is definitely a worldhopper, and there might be people around him(or maybe Mraize himself) who would benefit from having an Aviar nearby to conceal things.

30 minutes ago, Falkir said:

Mraize is definitely a worldhopper, and there might be people around him(or maybe Mraize himself) who would benefit from having an Aviar nearby to conceal things.

As noted, we have a WoB that Mraize's bird is an Aviar. Brandon has RAFO'd the question of exactly what Talent it has though.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone caught any Spren around Mraize when the Aviary is near, I wonder?  If it is the common variety that shield minds from being detected then that might prevent Spren from reacting to his emotions...  Makes me wonder what the effects one of that variety of Aviary would be for those in the cognitive realm too...