Hour 1 - Meetings

story to come in a few hours

Player List

Spoiler

1. Lord Silberfarben - First of the players

2. Matrim's Dice - Daziron the Fused

3. Gears - Fourth of the Dark (looking to trap... something)

4. Ghanderflaffle - Kriti the Death Averse

5. Lotus - Lotus of the Reshi

6. Condensation - Connie the great guesser

7. Kings Way - Banana the Symmetrical

8. Somebody From Sel - Somebody F. Mysterious

9. JesterLavorre - Jesereth with a discerning eye

10. Quinn0928 - Rinala master of sounds

11. Illwei - the merciless scholar

12. Alvron - Yazadan the Bloodthirsty

13. Turtle - the Planner

14. Ashbringer - Faleast the Rogue

15. Shard of reading - The Ameliorate

16. Windrunner Supreme - seven letters for paranoia fun

17. Ventyl - Lafay Vilt the twinborn Sandalloy Compoundster

18. Experience -  Toby the Deiter-Mind

The cycle will end at 10 AM MST on October 30

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20201030T10&p0=220&msg=Day+One&font=cursive

Edited by Elkanah

[Please note that since I am playing as Fourth of the Dark, all posts will be stylized as a journal entry in Dark’s trapper journal.]

This planet is very strange. Gravity is much lower than on First of the Sun, and there is too much oxygen in the air to start fires, as I learned on my first night here. Everyone seems to have specialties here, with some being extraordinarily strong or stealthy or clever.

General: Please keep in mind that the wrath of the mob will slaughter all members of a tie. To prevent us Diagrammists from taking advantage of this, you must make sure that there is no potential for a tie. Alternatively, you could use the tie to kill all of your suspicions in one fell swoop. In addition, many of these skills are one use only, because you are all inexperienced plebs. Hoard your abilities wisely. Don’t tell anyone your skill. It is far too risky. For one-use skills, feel free to claim after the fact, since it doesn't matter if you are killed afterwards.

Tough: Some people possess extraordinary physical prowess, capable of fighting off mobs to protect someone. However, this is exhausting, so it can only be used once. Useful if one believes that an individual is at risk for being killed. Interestingly, one could use this to stop the mob justice of the day, knowing full well who would be killed. The limited use of this ability makes it difficult to protect a necessary individual from the Diagrammists for a prolonged period of time, so perhaps the general populace should adopt a policy of transparency and information deposition so that the death of an individual will not lose us information.  

Sneaky: So long as one of these stealthy individuals lives, private conversations remain possible. I ask that any and all sneaky people prioritise staying alive, as private conversations are helpful.

Insightful: You can learn people’s skills. Good to ensure we do not slaughter a sneaky individual. In addition, this allows us to remain informed as to the general state of things. I ask that you go public with any information you have acquired, though I would recommend informing the general populace via a mouthpiece and private communications. The more we know, the better. However, if you believe that informing the general populace of a specific individual’s skill would be dangerous, you are welcome to abstain.

Convincing: You lie well enough that you can make your voice seem more important. This only works once, since repeat lies are easy to see through. Use only when you think it might matter. Make a tie, break a tie, that sort of thing.

Lethal: You are a trained assassin with only one dose of poison. You really underprepared, didn’t you? Save this until you are certain of your suspicions.

Connected: You know someone here. You can ask them what they really are, and they will tell you the truth. Save this for uncertainty, for confusion, for a moment of crucial necessity. Feel free to tell everyone what you saw after the fact, since you are useless post-scan. However, this is a way for us Diagrammists to lie or gain trust.

Recommended: You are worthless. 

The ninjas. Wow.

Okay, this is my first game since that MR where I was incoherent, so I'm making it a goal to not do that again :P Gears already looked through the roles as per usual, and claimed elim (although sneakily) as per usual. Not sure how I like the poking of new(ish) players, but it's a poke and probably won't stay.

That being said, Reading! You're obviously suspicious for not posting yet. @Shard of Reading

It has taken me a long time to get here. Most people see me as useless, lazy, as they do with many from my homeland. I hope to prove them wrong.

Everyone warned me not to get involved with the Ghostbloods, and perhaps I don't agree with all of their missions, but they certainly do have the right idea, gathering knowledge. 

Unfortunately, I must keep my former relations intact and cannot dedicate every moment to this search for the traitors. I will watch and note down as much as I can...

Man... After this game I'm not going to be able to see Veil's entry into the ghostbloods as anything but a cakewalk.

It took me a bit longer than normal to find Gear's Elim claim, but when I did I must admit it's my favorite yet.

Get poked Kings_way

Spoiler
Edited by Shard of Reading

9 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Man... After this game I'm not going to be able to see Veil's entry into the ghostbloods as anything but a cakewalk.

It took me a bit longer than normal to find Gear's Elim claim, but when I did I must admit it's my favorite yet.

Get poked @Kings_way

Reveal hidden contents

King's way

Hi, Reading. Your speaking has spared you for the moment :D  

Daziron stared out over the plains, letting himself hover a few inches above the rocky ground. His cloak fluttered behind him in the wind, casting a unique shadow.

What an interesting group this was... a meeting of Ghostbloods, all with great skills, but some traitors within. Of course, Daziron was neither Ghostblood nor Diagrammist, but that was beside the point. He would help weed out the traitors as he saw fit; this sort of sport was fun to him. 

The twisted surge of Gravitation would serve him well. Drawing in Voidlight, he took off into the air.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

I'm here!

Oh, this may be an interesting attempt at balancing time and temporal anomalies. I'll try to contribute every cycle. School should be winding down after this week (well, relatively speaking).

Reading... why'd you spoiler your vote?

Just now, Ashbringer said:

I'm here!

Oh, this may be an interesting attempt at balancing time and temporal anomalies. I'll try to contribute every cycle. School should be winding down after this week (well, relatively speaking).

Reading... why'd you spoiler your vote?

I don't know. I thought that saying king's way twice in a row would look weird, so it was supposed to help it not sound repetitive.

29 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

For the record, I'm going to be busy for the next couple of days so I'll be on when I can but I may not be able to respond as often as I'd like. Not that I know what I'd say anyway lol I'm a bit new at this...

I think we're all pretty new, this is my second game and the first one's still going. However, Mist and Vapor aren't playing and are willing to assist me... hopefully.

24 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

How dare you poke the newbie! :P

Anyways, there's not much for me to say other than the fact that I am indeed here.

I'm here as well! Ta da!

Connie smiled. She was finally going to get a chance to impress the Ghostbloods! All she had to do was find one impostor and she would finally get in. To be honest, this was just about all she had worked and waited for since the day when she first heard about the Ghostbloods, they sounded amazing! Plus, it would be handy to have more connections. She smiled bigger and set off across the plains, a skip in her step.

@Matrim's Dice dont know why you would oppose a new player being poked, as it was done by another new player :P.

@Shard of Reading id reccomend putting the tag in a spoiler, if anything. I have been tagged with it being in a spoilet, so pretty sure it works, and it might make it easier for the GM to find your votes.

---

So...MST...not MDT? Very confused that it started at 9am my time. But...it's daylight savings right now...i think...i dont know...im confused...

Just now, Illwei said:

@Matrim's Dice dont know why you would oppose a new player being poked, as it was done by another new player :P.

@Shard of Reading id reccomend putting the tag in a spoiler, if anything. I have been tagged with it being in a spoilet, so pretty sure it works, and it might make it easier for the GM to find your votes.

---

So...MST...not MDT? Very confused that it started at 9am my time. But...it's daylight savings right now...i think...i dont know...im confused...

I'll do that. Thank you.