2 hours ago, Quinn0928 said:

Okay, I have something important to say: I am Connected. I've been keeping quiet about it to avoid being targeted, but last turn I used my ability on Gears. I've been kind of suspicious of him since the beginning--I'd been warned about elims trying to pocket new players, and Gears PM'd me offering "strategic advice" almost as soon as D1 started... anyway, I scanned Gears and he is a Diagrammist. I'm still worried about the elims targeting me but at least by speaking up we can hopefully take out an elim as well. So, without further ado, I vote Gears. 

Gears has done this in both of my games. I don't know, I think they're just helpful?

19 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Gears has done this in both of my games. I don't know, I think they're just helpful?

That's certainly possible; I don't know their play-style any more than I know anyone else's, being new and all. Whatever Gears' normal reasons for reaching out to new players, in this case he *was* trying to pocket me.

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

Mmm. Well, If we Lynch Quinn and they are a diagramest, then we know to trust Gears and Lynch who they say is a diagramist.

If we Lynch gears and they are a diagramest, then well we know to trust Quinn...

Are you suggesting we vote Quinn, because we can confirm more innocencents/diagramists by discovering they're role?

Because that actually makes a lot of sense. Quinn

3 minutes ago, Kings_way said:

Are you suggesting we vote Quinn, because we can confirm more innocencents/diagramists by discovering they're role?

I was thinking about that. If they are innocent then we know to kill Gears and probably trust who they say is a diagrams.

But, in the end either flip, gears or Quinn gives us a lot of info.

I made a flowchart to try to sort out my thoughts

The yellow arrows are very likely outcomes, but not certain, and the green is certain, unless a village lied. 

I don't know how helpful this is, but I'm uploading it in case someone else finds it helpful. 

SE flowchart.jpg

It seems that I shall die on this day. How unfortunate. Twelve of us remain. There are 4 Diagrammists [implied due to private communications]. 8-4. I die tonight, especially since the Diagrammists might have Convincing individuals. 6-4. Then you are one mislynch away from certain doom. Once you kill Rinala and Daziron, you have no certain suspicions. I certainly know nothing. You are going to fail. Rinala's plan was sound in theory. Ensure a mislynch, enter sudden death, three Diagrammists left to manipulate the vote. I assume they did not anticipate my knowledge of Daziron's identity, but the stratagem was strong.

Thought: Reading stated that they were Insightful and saw that both I and Rinala were Connected. However, I do not believe a Diagrammist would have an alignment scanner, as they know everyone's alignments already. Thus Reading must be lying. After you kill Rinala and Daziron, they would be a good target. 

Well... None of the roles are technically reserved for specific sides, so the elims could have a alignment scanner. Also, literally any other role scanner can verify that what I've said is true.

Edit: I'm signing off for today, so have fun killing elim!gears without me

Edited by Shard of Reading

5 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Well... None of the roles are technically reserved for specific sides, so the elims could have a alignment scanner. Also, literally any other role scanner can verify that what I've said is true.

I am in communications with Rinala. They have confirmed that they are indeed an alignment scanner and that Reading is not an elim. My apologies, Reading. 

3 minutes ago, Gears said:

I am in communications with Rinala. They have confirmed that they are indeed an alignment scanner and that Reading is not an elim. My apologies, Reading. 

I'm not an elim, and Connected only works once. I have no idea what Reading is, though yes, of course I am an alignment scanner. Not really much more I can say at this point.

16 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Edit: I'm signing off for today, so have fun killing elim!gears without me

Technically they're not, but the roles aren't assigned randomly. An alignment scanner elim might as well be vanilla. 

16 hours ago, Gears said:

This is suspicious. Obviously this isn't true, and seems elimmy. I will switch my vote from Quinn to Gears, because while both will give us about the same amount of information dead, I would rather kill the elim, giving us more time to find another, and forcing the elims to use a kill on the known innocent villager. 

But heres the thing. It's obvious that Quinn didn't scan Reading. This doesn't seem like a mistake Gears would make in a desperate attempt to stay alive. So, if we kill Gears and they are an elim, we don't want to rule out the possibility that Matrim (accused by Gears) is also an elim. 

15 hours ago, Gears said:

I agree with the eliminyness of this. It seems like Gears is searching for a defense and trying to find something that works. For this I will vote Gears

1 hour ago, Kings_way said:

This is suspicious. Obviously this isn't true, and seems elimmy. I will switch my vote from Quinn to Gears, because while both will give us about the same amount of information dead, I would rather kill the elim, giving us more time to find another, and forcing the elims to use a kill on the known innocent villager. 

But heres the thing. It's obvious that Quinn didn't scan Reading. This doesn't seem like a mistake Gears would make in a desperate attempt to stay alive. So, if we kill Gears and they are an elim, we don't want to rule out the possibility that Matrim (accused by Gears) is also an elim. 

44 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

I agree with the eliminyness of this. It seems like Gears is searching for a defense and trying to find something that works. For this I will vote Gears

Rinala didn't scan Reading. My statement was poorly worded. Rinala is an alignment scanner. Reading is not an elim. These statements are not associated. When I die, lynch Rinala and Daziron, but also analyse the first few cycles for leads. One mislynch will cause a loss after my untimely demise. 

2 hours ago, Gears said:

Rinala didn't scan Reading. My statement was poorly worded. Rinala is an alignment scanner. Reading is not an elim. These statements are not associated. When I die, lynch Rinala and Daziron, but also analyse the first few cycles for leads. One mislynch will cause a loss after my untimely demise. 

This makes sense, except it doesn't explain why you're sure Reading isn't an elim. I don't know how you would know that, so I'm keeping my vote on Gears, but I really don't know who.

Just now, Kings_way said:

This makes sense, except it doesn't explain why you're sure Reading isn't an elim. I don't know how you would know that, so I'm keeping my vote on Gears, but I really don't know who.

Rinala told me, so amused were they by my assumption. In the interest of having a chance at life, I shall retract Daziron and vote Rinala. If a tie were to occur, we would not be a misllynch from death, so keep that in mind.

AFTERMATH

A Worthy Opponent

Quick Fix 48

I am Fourth of the Dark, taken too soon. You have no obligations. Death comes for us all, in the end.

-Gears

"It's Fourth! He's the one." Rinala exclaimed. "I remember I saw him with a copy of a piece of diagram before we came here" 

"What, no. I don't even know what this diagram is." Fourth assured. "But I know Daziron has been the one killing people!"

The Diagrammists smirked within themselves. The diagram never failed. This had all been foretold.

Fourth Lunged at Rinala to kill her, but Kriti blocked his path. Kriti stood over Fourth. "We must kill this diagrammist."

-------------

The Ghostblood looked on. A moment of doubt showed on his face. He quickly replaced it with a determined smile. 

"Finish the rest of them. They clearly aren't worthy of becoming ghostbloods."

Without hesitation, Daziron turned and stabbed Windrunner Supreme through the chest. Shocked but recovering, some recruits moved to kill Daziron, but Kriti was there in a flash to defend him.

"It's no use." Shard of Reading said from behind. "We have already determined all your abilities... and weaknesses."

Turtle and Rinala grabbed the remaining hopefuls and shoved them to the ground in front of Daziron.

"why?" the words died on their lips as they were summarily executed.

--------------------

"How did you know?" Rinala asked the Ghostblood. 

"I'll hold on to my secrets." He said. "But you have proven your worth. Welcome to the Ghostbloods. You are free to go. We will contact you with your next assignment."

Gears (4): Matrim's Dice, Ghanderflaffle, Quinn, Shard of Reading

Quinn (3): Lotus, Gears, Kings Way

Gears was Lynched! He was a Loyal Connected

The Windrunner Supreme was killed! He was a Loyal Recommended

Congratulations Diagrammists!

Matrim's Dice, Ghanderflaffle, Quinn, Turtle, and Shard of Reading have won the game.

Player list

Spoiler

1. Lord Silberfarben - First of the players

2. Matrim's Dice - Daziron the Fused

3. Gears - Fourth of the Dark (looking to trap... something)

4. Ghanderflaffle - Kriti the Death Averse

5. Lotus - Lotus of the Reshi

6. Condensation - Connie the great guesser

7. Kings Way - Banana the Symmetrical

8. Somebody From Sel - Somebody F. Mysterious Loyal Recommended

9. JesterLavorre - Jesereth with a discerning eye  Loyal Recommended

10. Quinn0928 - Rinala master of sounds

11. Illwei - the merciless scholar  Loyal Tough

12. Alvron - Yazadan the Bloodthirsty Loyal Insightful

13. Turtle - the Planner

14. Ashbringer - Faleast the Rogue (Loyal Recommended)

15. Shard of reading - The Ameliorate

16. Windrunner Supreme - seven letters for paranoia fun

17. Ventyl - Lafay Vilt the twinborn Sandalloy Compoundster

18. Experience -  Toby the Deiter-Mind (Loyal Convincing)

Master Spreadsheet

Elim Doc

Damnation

Thoughts to come

Shlunk

Daziron pulled his spear out of the sleeping man’s body, letting him limp the floor. He would never wake up. It was an easy kill to get away with; this man hadn’t said a word the whole day. He wouldn’t have attracted any bodyguards.

Daziron turned around, looking over to the other side of the camp where the mob was taking care of the Drominadian Trapper. He sucked in some Voidlight, leaping into the air.

Up, up, up he soared, feeling the wind plaster against his marbled face. He stopped, high above the plains, and looked outward. A view most would never see.

He had thought before that he didn’t know what had made him come to the Ghostbloods. That was true- Odium hadn’t commanded it; neither had the Diagram, and Daziron certainly had no interest in joining their ranks. Perhaps it had been a stray thought, such as ‘This, this could be an easy win for the Diagram and Desolation.’ The Ghostbloods were notoriously investigative. Any recruiting session he could stop was a victory.

Looking down at the camp, it seemed as if the mob was finished with the trapper. He descended, rapidly heading for the ground, towards the others.

As he pulled towards the ground, four figures moved apart from the rest. His faithful fellow Diagrammists. Kriti, Rinala, and the ones that simply called themselves Turtle and Reading. All five of them served the Diagram. And all five of them had survived.

He hit the ground in a crouch, and rose to his full height, looking each of them in the eyes. “It is finished.”

They had done their work masterfully. Around them, the camp burned, tents aflame. Bodies, fresh upon the stones, littered the area. The surviving Loyals had fled. 

All this had been done in only four hours.

“Odium reigns.” He whispered softly, only to himself. “Odium reigns.”

Yep. There were five of us.

Apparently @Illwei can tell when I'm an elim... I'll need to be careful about that in future games :P In this one, though, we just had to kill you...

*Coughs* Hi, @Condensation and @Ventyl :rolleyes: It was enjoyable pocketing you! Thanks for the inside on your roles! Hehe you'll never trust me again...

@Quinn0928, impressive first game! The thread might not have noticed, but you thought through things very well in the doc. I look forward to playing more with you!

@Shard of Reading, you were also a helpful in-threader! It was useful controlling the activity. @Ghanderflaffle, your votes and action were much appreciated. @eltruT, you went inactive... but were fun while it lasted! 

Thank you @Elkanah for running this, it was a fun game! As they all are, of course ;) A bit sad the tied lynch mechanic never was put into play. It would have been interesting...

I'm hoping to be village in my next game. The killing is fun, but I'm missing the good 'ol solve. 

Edited by Matrim's Dice