The TTTTTaTToS (The Terrific Tantalizing Tenacious Talkative Talented and Tactful Tale o’ Shardbuddy)

Scout_Fox

Hey everybody hope your day is skip-van-doodely hopfantastic! In honor of all my wonderful Shardbuddies I decided to make a list... but not just any list... a story list where each name served as a logical functioning word in the story.

Soooo TADA!!! The first few in story form with the rest (and hopefully more) to come quite soon!

Chapter 1:

Spoiler

Chapter 1

I sprinted down the middle of the road. Weaving between cars and dodging late-night revelers. As I ran among the gloom I could feel the @Condensation accumulating on my coat. The beaded droplets coalesced, running down my coat in streams, creating veins of chilled water that raced toward the ground. I looked up again at the clock, shimmering through the droplets of rain, in the distance. 11:58. I had only two minutes left to flee.

I sped through the rain-soaked street, feet slipping on stones as I scrambled to stay ahead of my foe. They had left only a single note in warning: BAHHHHH. I had no idea what type of code this was and didn’t have time to find out.

It was as I turned that last corner, saturated locks dangling in clumps before my eyes, that I saw him. There, hiding in the rubble of an overzealous new years party, was my foe. The one who had chased me from the depths of the Mariana Trench, the lone of his kind able to survive the frigid temperatures, the one I had dubbed, the @Chasmgoat

Hands trembling, I reached to my side to grab my only defense against the creature: my @Doomstick

“The what?” said the out-of-body narrator, “What in the world is a @Doomstick?” 

“Shut up” I said for absolutely no reason, because no one could actually hear the out-of-body narrator but myself.

“But it’s literally a pencil!” said the out-of-body narrator again. 

“You seen John Wick?” I asked angrily to the empty side-alley, again for no particular reason because no one could actually hear me from there. 

“JOHN WICK?!? Man I LOVE John Wick!” the narrator chimed, again for no explainable reason because no one should actually be able to hear the out of body narrator… 

“Yeah, well then you tell me if this is just a pencil!” I yell back at the empty side alley.

“Aye, would you quit that racket!” an extremely disgruntled old man yelled from the 5th floor right side window precisely 3 feet above the nearest access point and without a lock or security system- er… let’s get back the story. 

“Sorry,” I say in the alley below, voice powerful and low like the sound of a million- 

“That was the WORST Batman voice I have ever HEARD!” Critiqued the out of body narrator, “You SUUUUUU-“ 

“Man would you SHUT. UP. For real my guy trying to tell a cool story here and you just mucking it about with these damn interruptions. Send us back to the story…. NOW!”

I creep along the wet cobblestones, struggling to maintain my footing under the deluge of water from above. The rain now came in sheets, slicing through the air with so much force it ripped gashes across my hands and chest. @Doomstick in hand I crept through the dark toward the end of the alley where I knew the lone @Chasmgoat lay. I had been sent to retrieve only, but I had bigger plans for today.

Suddenly, out of the gloom two dark shapes swung at me. I ducked the first and jabbed the @Doomstick between its ribs, shattering its vagus nerve and putting it into a fit of pain. I swung my arm up to block the second attacker, moving so fast I could see the droplets of @Condensation flinging by my eyes, refracting light from the dim window above, the very same window on the 5th floor right side precisely 3 feet above the nearest access point and without a lock- right… back to the story.

Droplets refracting in the air before my eyes I shifted the @Doomstick to my left hand to bring it up and through the nose of the second attacker- 

“See I told you a pencil could be dangerous.” I said mid-fight scene awkwardly pausing the action to score a point against the out-of-body narrator. 

”I never said you couldn’t,” he (because apparently it now had a gender) quipped back, “just that you weren’t likely-“ 

“Silence… story time.”

Leaving the pencil lodged in the right nasal cavity of the second attacker, wedged in approximately the same distance as the small crack at the base of 5th floor right side window precisely 3 feet above the nearest access- sorry… story, yes, story.

Leaving the @Doomstick lodged in the right nasal cavity of the second attacker I stalked the rest of the distance down the alley to the @Chasmgoat lying prone on his side, violet blood trickling from the many wounds it had sustained. 

Reaching into the rubble I selected a cracked fragment of a beer bottle, ragged edge jutting along the tip, the perfect weapon. I reached above my head, and plung- 

“STOOOOOOOPPPPPP!!” Screamed the out-of-body narrator. The Hoid… the @HoidWasTaken!” 

My hand jerked up from it’s place inches above the weakly pulsing @Chasmgoat heart. The Hoid, the Hoid had been taken. 

“Wait a second, who are you?” I pressed of the mysterious out-of-body narrator, “How do YOU know it’s been stolen?”

“That is for me to know,” started the narrator, “and for-“

“Yeah on second thought just don’t tell me it’s really not that important.”

I leaped into action, tossing the glass fragment back into the darkness and reaching for my holomap. If the Hoid had been taken the entire universe was at risk. Without it one could not seek their true form, one could not express, one could not live, one could not see. Without the Hoid, one could not celebrate with @revelryintheart. I had to act fas-

“Isn’t that a pretty luna,” croaked the @Chasmgoat weakly from below.

“If you don’t stop with these random comments out-of-body narrator I’m gonna-“

“It wasn’t me. Look down you dingus!”

I did and almost had to drink some milk so I could spit it out in surprise. There, among the discarded piñata and rusted metal crowbar that would be perfect for prying into the small crack at the base of 5th floor right side window precisely 3 feet- dangit… story… stick with the story.

There I was, perched without a spontaneously generated glass of milk in case I needed to drink it and spit it out to show my surprise, when I finally looked down at what had made the noise. I promptly drank the milk and spit it out in surprise.

“You can speak?” I cried staring into the pearlescent eyes of the beast below me.

“Well yeah it’s actually not that difficult most species have at least some for-“

“Narrator! What’d we say about interruptions ri-“

“To not interru-“

“Damnit narrator what did we just sa-“

“To not inter-“

“You know what… how about just no talking. Got it?”

“Yes I can do tha-“

“NO. TALKING.”

I stared into the pearlescent eyes of the beast below me as it uttered another phrase. It’s violet blood continued to leak out of many wounds onto the pavement below me. Breath ragged and heart trembling, it was using the last of its strength to whisper these words.

“The luna, I do so love the luna,” it rasped.

“He got like some language confusion or something going on what’s happening here narrator”

“Well you told me not to speak-“ 

“Well you seem to be doing great at that. Just give me an answer would ya?”

“It appears to be suffering from pre-death language confusion. Luna means moon in Spanish. I’m guessing it's referring to its longing to see the moon more after its absence in the chasm of its home.”

“Yes, I do so wish I could see the @Lunamor,” croaked the @Chasmgoat. Its last words slurring as its eyes glazed over and its heartbeat faded to nothingness. 

I lowered my head and felt a single tear drip down my face and fall onto the body of the beast. I kneeled before it and closed my eyes, the weight of the moment resonating with me at last. The only one of its kind, the only @Chasmgoat, dead in a garbage heap. Using what I could I covered its body and walked off into the night, in search of the Hoid

Chapter 2:

Spoiler

Chapter 2

The door promptly came off at the hinges, disintegrated, and caused the entire structure to collapse on top of it. At which point it burst into flames.

Sighing, I wiped from my coat the dusty remnants of what had just ten seconds prior been a fully functioning door and looked around for something to quell the flames. Finding nothing I turned around and walked in the other direction.

See the thing about chasing after the Hoid was that you often ran into some quite peculiar situations. There was the time it had been purportedly stolen by the @Wind (later found to be a scruffy looking lama with a jetpack who just happened to be named @Wind) or the time I had to infiltrate a local merchants home by prying open the small crack at the base of 5th floor right side window precisely 3 feet- STORY. STICK. WITH. THE. STORY.

Yes the Hoid did tend to attract the most notorious criminals in the galaxy: FluffyMuffinBaby, SherbertQueen, PlushyWushy-

“THOSE are the most notiouros criminals in the galaxy?” cried the out of body narrator, “Man you must have one lameeeee galaxy if that’s the best you’ve got.”

“Hey now hold on just a minute,” I quipped back, determined to not let whoever the narrator claimed to be get away with another wisecrack he was coming so proficient with, “If you were looking for criminals are you going to research the person name PlushyWushy or the person named XxDangerSlayer9000xX?”

“Well I was actually thinking of more of a Frank or a Robert but I guess you do have a point. You have quite strange names in this galaxy though I must say,” chimed the narrator.

“Yeah well take it up with Gen Z. They were trying to be more inclusive with our naming conventions,” I shot back, “I mean it’s the 21st century now c’mon don’t let me catch you being namist here.”

Turning away from the crowd of people gathering to ogle at the crazy person talking to himself, I once again consulted the holomap. Tracking the Hoid this particular time had turned out more difficult than in attempts prior. I would have to resort to more desperate measures.

“What you gonna have to start using the single ply instead of the two-ply toilet paper or something?” Blurted the out of body narrator, “I mean c’mon what do you mean ‘dEsPAraTe mEaSUreS’”

“Don’t you DARE insult my toilet paper choices!” I screamed at a passing buffalo, startling him into a trot and securing my status as a lunatic in the eyes of the townsfolk, “The one thing I will not tolerate is toilet paper stinginess. And no, something far more dangerous, my brother… the king.”

I had always hated family reunions. The ambiance, the people, the flaming quad axis rotating obstacle course that greeted you upon entry. I really didn’t have a reason to hate it, but somehow still did. 

It wasn’t that the obstacle course was hard, I mean one of the guests had almost managed to burn the palace down last time after forgetting the 76th rotation of the flaming Katana had precisely 4.6% more torsional rotation than the other 1,600 in the course (what a klutz) but no, it was that we even had to have an obstacle course in the first place. 

I mean what was the point of a royal gathering if by the time the night was over you had so many shifts in power from “unfortunate accidents” on the obstacle course you couldn't even remember who actually ruled reached province.

Fortunately, there were only eight guests attending that night meaning likely only nine or ten casualties would occur (one or two of the mortuary staff always ended up dying trying to reach the more “unfortunate” contestants).

I swung through the course with ease and tried to avoid singing any of my clothing along the way. His Majesty Lord Rufus quite hated the smell of burning. It likely had to do with increased smelling ability but I had my doubts.

“Woof, woof, woof, WOOF, woof, woof,” I said in customary greeting to Lord Rufus, the dual dialects always confused new guests but being a corgi Lord Rufus did much prefer dog.

“Wuf,” he responded with a wave of his paw, as dismissive as ever, “Why have you come to me woofer.”

“I come to seek your aid Rufus, in tracking down the Hoid,” I started, “It is of utmost importance that-“

“Woof, woof, I know ‘utmost importance otherwise the fate of the free world will be-“

“Yes exactly that is precisely what will happen,” I replied, “Glad to see you are finally beginning to gras-“

“Don’t interwoof me while I’m talking!” Rufus commanded, “I already told you via holomap I have not heard anything of the Hoid. Now would you please leave we only have two guests left to go.”

Suddenly, from one of the many exquisitely decorated side rooms, an aid burst forth carrying a note. 

“@Nathrangking, @Nathrangking," she puffed clearly out of breath, “@Nathrangking.”

“Speak slower Clarissa” Rufus bellowed, “I can’t understand you when you woof it all together like that!”

“Nath, he rang my king,” was all she uttered in response.

I felt a chill creep down my spine. Nath, the most feared general in the entire galaxy had rung. That meant only one thing, I was going to need more pop tarts this was worse than I had thought.

Sprinting toward the teleportation room, sweat dripping from my brow, I tried to process what I had heard. Nath needed help. Nath needed help. If Nath needed help, I was going to need backup.

“You trying to make the paper disintegrate with your palm sweat there or this just an accidental thing,” commented the out of body narrator, “cuz I wouldn’t say I’m the smartest person alive but that does look pretty important.”

Glaring at the nearest pillar in the direction I hoped the out of body narrator stood I shifted my attention back to the second thing worrying me, the single name in blue-gold ink on the crumpled piece of paper on my hand: the @Truthless of Shinovar.

“The what???” Yelled the out-of-body narrator from the side.

“The @Truthless of Shinovar”

“The WHAT???” Yelled the out-of-body narrator a second time from the side, “I still can’t hear you!”

“The @Truthless of Shinovar” I said a little louder this time.

“THE WHAT???” Screamed the out-of-body narrator a third time from the side, “I’m telling you I can’t-”

“WOULD YOU TURN THAT STUPID FAN OFF!!!” I shout into my surroundings, once agains securing my position as a crazy person.

“Oh sorry hadn’t thought about that” replied the out-of-body narrator calmly flicking the switch on the side of the fan he had been carrying to silence it.

“For an out-of-body narrator you are quite stupid,” I quipped at the nearest potted plant, hoping it understood that I wasn’t talking about it, “the @Truthless of Shinovar.”

The self proclaimed @Truthless of Shinovar, was the deadliest toothless assassin in all of Shin Over, who as a result of his toothlessness could not properly pronounce his name as Toothless of Shin Over, the eastern province of the land where people were so over having shins they instead slide on tentacles.

As we finally reached the last tunnel into portal room, conveniently laid out AS FAR AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE from the throne room in case.. idk.. WE HAD TO LEAVE QUICKLY (woofing engineers), there was only one thought dominating my mind. If I were to defeat the Toothless I would need the help of my most trusted ally: the order of Koloss.

As I finally turned the last corner I saw with relief that my message had indeed arrived on time, there, in shining gold armor stood the most feared of the Koloss clan, the 17th in line to the throne, @Koloss17. As he wiped the @Vapor from his helm I felt a glimmer of hope inside.

Perhaps, just maybe, all was not truly lost.

*NEW* Chapter 3:

Spoiler

Chapter 3

“Good to see you again!” @Koloss17 started, “It’s been a whi-“

“NO TIME JUST RUNNING!!!” I screamed back, toppling the aging portal keeper as I burst into the center of the room.

I grabbed @Koloss17 by the shoulder and dragged him into the portal for Shin Over. If we were to save General Nath there was not time to spare.

As we entered, smooth portal gel encased us. See until people actually used a portal they always had completely the wrong idea of how it worked. A true portal had to be assembled in the floor from the furs of 1,000 golden Corgi-unicorns: the rarest animal in all the land.

The art of portal making was a guarded secret, each century a new Portal Master was chosen, dubbed the Windrunner for how frantically they had to work to keep up with portal orders. If there was one thing @The Windrunner Supremely despised, it was the sheer number of portal orders.

These golden corgi-unicorn frames then had to be filled with pure sarcasm, a substance which became a gooey jell once extracted. And boy, wasn’t THAT ever a fun process to watch.

“I see we FINALLY agree on something! You are completely correct, having the rare pleasure of witnessing the creation of one of  the most powerful-“

“No… NARRATOR… that… that was sarcas- yknow what never mind,” I interrupt, sighing in exasperation as I sat back in our Portal Carriage. This one had turned out quite nice, the bond the Koloss and I shared no doubt aiding it’s construction. The floating timer ahead counted down the seconds to arrival, 118 to go. 

See that was the second thing about portals people didn’t understand. Portals weren’t instant, an instant portal would transport you so fast your insides would become goop. And trust me, the kingdom had seen its fair share of those portals. THAT was truly a fun job on which to be assigned.

“Actually, I think your mere mortalship is getting you confused in the head. Portal accidents are quite a serious matter and not to be taken-“

“Sarcasm narrator!!! You really think I would enjoy seeing the melted remains of a human corpse?”

“Well I wouldn’t really know, YOU would have to tell ME what you enjoy. You do seem to have quite the unique set of interests-“

“Yknow what just stop talking!” I yell, eliciting a strange glance from @Koloss17. “Out-of-body-narrators,” I explain seeing him nod in the customary I-have-no-clue-what-you-are-talking-about-but-at-this-point-am-too-afraid-to-ask-fashion, “such a hassle.”

“Oh you have one too?” he replies.

“Yeah. Wait WHAT?” I shoot back in surprise, voice lost in the sound of battle as we arrive.

Gesturing to Koloss to watch my back, I begin to survey the scene, scanning for clues-

“What do you mean you survey the scene?!? Survey what? There’s literally NOTHING here!” the narrator clamored.

Wellll… he wasn’t wrong. The lone item that remained of what had once been a cavernous welcome hall was the resolute flag@Bearer of all Agonies perched atop a lone pillar of stone. Queen Drama had invented the position eons ago for only her most trusted of soldiers. It was a lifetime duty, the one chosen responsible for holding the flag of Shin Over through rain, snow, and… well total place devastation. I didn’t know whether to commend him for his bravery or gawk at his stupidity.

As Koloss and I saluted the man in the customary triple hip shake, I began to look for a way down. Reaching the remaining palace remains would require a massive-

“Hold on!’ Koloss yelled surging into the air. I grabbed frantically for the back of the suit and just barely clung on as we flew through the air towards the remaining palace ledge.

“Well, I guess that’s one way to do it” I gasped, doing my best not to vommit on the pristine suit golden armor Koloss wore. It seemed he had gotten some minor upgrades since we had last fought together.

We sped through the halls, racing for the front of the palace as the sound of battle grew ever louder. Screams reverberated through the hallways and shadows of clashing soldiers danced at the end of each tunnel, a patchwork narrative of the fight that lay ahead.

Rounding the last corner I prepared to-

*DOINGGGGG* “Oh dear me sorry, sorry!!” the palace jester rushed, discreetly lowering the pan he had just smacked me with back behind his tunic, “Couldn’t tell if you were uh… them or not.”

“COULDN”T TELL!!! DO I LOOK 8 FEET TALL AND GREEN TO YOU??”

“Well if you look from the side you actually do have quite the-“

“SHUTUP NARRATOR!!” I snap, “Now what is your name child?” I ask of the Jester, regaining my composure despite the nasty welt that now throbbed on the back of my head.

“Lavorre sir. All of us staff here are. @JesterLavorre if you would like to tell me apart,” he replied.

Ah yes, the Drama palace did have quite an interesting way of dealing with danger. Ever since her lady Drama the Queen (dubbed @DramaQueen in a feat of unprecedented creative ingenuity) had mysteriously disappeared about a month prior, all palace staff had been renamed Lavorre as a safety measure for indistinguishability. 

Well, my mentor had always told me that there were two things that contributed to the end of the world, liars and ham sandwiches. I didn’t really have a way to verify the first but I could verify that there were no ham sandwiches around. As the Jester began to fill us in on the state of Nath’s holdouts a small sense of calm begin to grasp hold of me, soothing my soul and calming my racing-

“You want some of my ham sandwich?” @Koloss17 asked from my left.

AAAAAND there it went. The world was most certainly going to end and I still had no clue how to stop it.

“WHAT?” NO!! How did you even- yknow what, never mind I don’t even want to KNOW. Prepare your weapons, if Lavorre is correct Nath is tied down in the courtyard below,” I huffed, preparing to launch off the balcony into the fighting below, “On three, OK? One, two-“

“Wait on three or after three?” @Koloss17 pressed.

“On three. Alright, one, two-“

“Wait so jump as you say three or right after I hear three?”

“As I say three-“

“So should I start jumping on two?”

“That doesn’t even make any sense! Just jump!” I scream hurling myself into the battle below. 

I fall in a perfect arc twisting as I land and sweeping my massive bamboo katana through the crowd of hulking green beasts. Many believed metal or diamond to produce the strongest of weapons, few were clued in to the ways of the bamboo-

“BEHIND YOU!” the narrator yells.

With a crash Koloss lands beside me, spinning his way through the crowd and leaving a path of devastation in his wake. I feel cold steal rush past my ear and swing my blade back around and through the monsters heart, severing it in two. Up ahead I spy Nath fighting valiantly to hold off a swarm of beasts from the gaggle of wounded soldiers behind him. Red blood oozed from the many cuts across his chest and his left leg was ripped to the bone at the thigh. If we didn’t reach him soon he would not be alive much longer.

I vaulted up and over the pack of beasts approaching from my right, severing their heads as I came down. Ducking beneath a swipe from my left I parry the blade up and away, disarming the beast and allowing myself to ram my sword through its heart, neon blood coating the blade. 

With one final push @Koloss17 and I bowl through the hoard surrounding General Nath, catching him as he collapsed to the ground in pain.

“Behind…” he croaks, “look… behind-“

I whipped around and came face to face with the enemy. If there was one thing the Toothless of Shin Over had on all of us as a result of his toothlessness, it was his decimating sneeze. I ran in what seemed like slow motion as he began to inhale, hoping, just maybe, to reach him in time. Three steps in I realized I could not.

“AAAHHHHH-@Ghanderflaffle!!!!” Toothless boomed, blue energy racing in waves across the courtyard. It collided with me mid-step and all went black.

Would be delighted to get even MORE Shardbuddies (even if we haven't ever talked before!) to add to the saga! Let me know below! :D

Edited by Scout_Fox

2 minutes ago, HoidWasTaken said:

I- um. Hmm. That was something.

:lol: Thanks! I thought it would be an interesting way of putting them together!

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Pick me @Scout_Fox! I can be your shardbuddy!!

Awesome! Idk how I'm going to get Nathrangking into word form but I'm looking forward to the challenge!

3 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I’d love to be your shardbuddy!

Absolutely! Would be delighted!

20 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

so, you view me as a monster to be slain? I am offended! :D

really though, I liked this.

:lol: Thank you so much! *Events not at all reflective of the actual people - should maybe be the disclaimer. Just was thinking of where I would find a Chasmgoat in real life :P

17 minutes ago, The Windrunner Supreme said:

Count me in

Excellent! Would love to have you. I think I'll get out the next set of 5 in Chapter 2 by Friday!

16 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

That was great! Nice job! 

Thank you, thank you! So glad you enjoyed! :D

Edited by Scout_Fox

1 hour ago, Scout_Fox said:

Hey everybody hope your day is skip-van-doodely hopfantastic! In honor of all the wonderful people who became my Shardbuddy yesterday I decided to make a list... but not just any list... a story list.

So basically I tried to take, in chronological order, all of the names of people that had become my Shardbuddy (a few are in the next segment!), and use it as a logical functioning word in a story. This serves as my list of Shardbuddies, but in a way more interesting fashion...

Soooo TADA!!! The first few in story form with hopefully the rest (and more) to come quite soon! (spoilered for size and only @'d for real once with the rest just being placeholders to not give a million pings :P):

Hide contents

Chapter 1

I sprinted down the middle of the road. Weaving between cars and dodging late-night revelers. As I ran among the gloom I could feel the @Condensation accumulating on my coat. The beaded droplets coalesced, running down my coat in streams, creating veins of chilled water that raced toward the ground. I looked up again at the clock, shimmering through the droplets of rain, in the distance. 11:58. I had only two minutes left to flee.

I sped through the rain-soaked street, feet slipping on stones as I scrambled to stay ahead of my foe. They had left only a single note in warning: BAHHHHH. I had no idea what type of code this was and didn’t have time to find out.

It was as I turned that last corner, saturated locks dangling in clumps before my eyes, that I saw him. There, hiding in the rubble of an overzealous new years party, was my foe. The one who had chased me from the depths of the Mariana Trench, the lone of his kind able to survive the frigid temperatures, the one I had dubbed, the @Chasmgoat

Hands trembling, I reached to my side to grab my only defense against the creature: my @Doomstick

“The what?” said the out-of-body narrator, “What in the world is a @Doomstick?” 

“Shut up” I said for absolutely no reason, because no one could actually hear the out-of-body narrator but myself.

“But it’s literally a pencil!” said the out-of-body narrator again. 

“You seen John Wick?” I asked angrily to the empty side-alley, again for no particular reason because no one could actually hear me from there. 

“JOHN WICK?!? Man I LOVE John Wick!” the narrator chimed, again for no explainable reason because no one should actually be able to hear the out of body narrator… 

“Yeah, well then you tell me if this is just a pencil!” I yell back at the empty side alley.

“Aye, would you quit that racket!” an extremely disgruntled old man yelled from the 5th floor right side window precisely 3 feet above the nearest access point and without a lock or security system- er… let’s get back the story. 

“Sorry,” I say in the alley below, voice powerful and low like the sound of a million- 

“That was the WORST Batman voice I have ever HEARD!” Critiqued the out of body narrator, “You SUUUUUU-“ 

“Man would you SHUT. UP. For real my guy trying to tell a cool story here and you just mucking it about with these damn interruptions. Send us back to the story…. NOW!”

I creep along the wet cobblestones, struggling to maintain my footing under the deluge of water from above. The rain now came in sheets, slicing through the air with so much force it ripped gashes across my hands and chest. @Doomstick in hand I crept through the dark toward the end of the alley where I knew the lone @Chasmgoat lay. I had been sent to retrieve only, but I had bigger plans for today.

Suddenly, out of the gloom two dark shapes swung at me. I ducked the first and jabbed the @Doomstick between its ribs, shattering its vagus nerve and putting it into a fit of pain. I swung my arm up to block the second attacker, moving so fast I could see the droplets of @Condensation flinging by my eyes, refracting light from the dim window above, the very same window on the 5th floor right side precisely 3 feet above the nearest access point and without a lock- right… back to the story.

Droplets refracting in the air before my eyes I shifted the @Doomstick to my left hand to bring it up and through the nose of the second attacker- 

“See I told you a pencil could be dangerous.” I said mid-fight scene awkwardly pausing the action to score a point against the out-of-body narrator. 

”I never said you couldn’t,” he (because apparently it now had a gender) quipped back, “just that you weren’t likely-“ 

“Silence… story time.”

Leaving the pencil lodged in the right nasal cavity of the second attacker, wedged in approximately the same distance as the small crack at the base of 5th floor right side window precisely 3 feet above the nearest access- sorry… story, yes, story.

Leaving the @Doomstick lodged in the right nasal cavity of the second attacker I stalked the rest of the distance down the alley to the @Chasmgoat lying prone on his side, violet blood trickling from the many wounds it had sustained. 

Reaching into the rubble I selected a cracked fragment of a beer bottle, ragged edge jutting along the tip, the perfect weapon. I reached above my head, and plung- 

“STOOOOOOOPPPPPP!!” Screamed the out-of-body narrator. The Hoid… the @HoidWasTaken!” 

My hand jerked up from it’s place inches above the weakly pulsing @Chasmgoat heart. The Hoid, the Hoid had been taken. 

“Wait a second, who are you?” I pressed of the mysterious out-of-body narrator, “How do YOU know it’s been stolen?”

“That is for me to know,” started the narrator, “and for-“

“Yeah on second thought just don’t tell me it’s really not that important.”

I leaped into action, tossing the glass fragment back into the darkness and reaching for my holomap. If the Hoid had been taken the entire universe was at risk. Without it one could not seek their true form, one could not express, one could not live, one could not see. Without the Hoid, one could not find @revelryintheart. I had to act fas-

“Isn’t that a pretty luna,” croaked the @Chasmgoat weakly from below.

“If you don’t stop with these random comments out-of-body narrator I’m gonna-“

“It wasn’t me. Look down you dingus!”

I did and almost had to drink some milk so I could spit it out in surprise. There, among the discarded piñata and rusted metal crowbar that would be perfect for prying into the small crack at the base of 5th floor right side window precisely 3 feet- dangit… story… stick with the story.

There I was, perched without a spontaneously generated glass of milk in case I needed to drink it and spit it out to show my surprise, when I finally looked down at what had made the noise. I promptly drank the milk and spit it out in surprise.

“You can speak?” I cried staring into the pearlescent eyes of the beast below me.

“Well yeah it’s actually not that difficult most species have at least some for-“

“Narrator! What’d we say about interruptions ri-“

“To not interru-“

“Damnit narrator what did we just sa-“

“To not inter-“

“You know what… how about just no talking. Got it?”

“Yes I can do tha-“

“NO. TALKING.”

I stared into the pearlescent eyes of the beast below me as it uttered another phrase. It’s violet blood continued to leak out of many wounds onto the pavement below me. Breath ragged and heart trembling, it was using the last of its strength to whisper these words.

“The luna, I do so love the luna,” it rasped.

“He got like some language confusion or something going on what’s happening here narrator”

“Well you told me not to speak-“ 

“Well you seem to be doing great at that. Just give me an answer would ya?”

“It appears to be suffering from pre-death language confusion. Luna means moon in Spanish. I’m guessing it's referring to its longing to see the moon more after its absence in the chasm of its home.”

“Yes, I do so wish I could see the @Lunamor,” croaked the @Chasmgoat. Its last words slurring as its eyes glazed over and its heartbeat faded to nothingness. 

I lowered my head and felt a single tear drip down my face and fall onto the body of the beast. I kneeled before it and closed my eyes, the weight of the moment resonating with me at last. The only one of its kind, the only @Chasmgoat, dead in a garbage heap. Using what I could I covered its body and walked off into the night, in search of the Hoid

But I didn't just want to stop it here. SOoO I figured why don't I try to get even MORE Shardbuddies to add to the saga! Would be delighted if you would want to be my Shardbuddy (even if we haven't ever talked before!) so I can add you into the story, if you would want to be lmk below :P

And the more crazy your name the harder I have to work to fit into the story as a logical word so the more the merrier!! Hope you enjoy! :D

I noticed that you did not actually ping @revelryintheart and instead you left like I put it just now. just a random observation... Chasmgoat of Random Observations away!

*Chasmgoat bleets and gallops while tapdancing and exits*

Just now, Chasmgoat said:

I noticed that you did not actually ping @revelryintheart and instead you left like I put it just now. just a random observation... Chasmgoat of Random Observations away!

*Chasmgoat bleets and gallops while tapdancing and exits*

:o An error I hath made! I shall correct at once! Thank you very much for the random observation!

5 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

*no response came, for the goat of the chasms has left*

:lol::lol: But what for the single trail of violet blood... A clue perhaps? Lay the beast not so dead as we had thought? (I think we might need a return..... <_<)

Edit: Thank you so much @Condensation! So glad you enjoyed! The very first member of the very first Chapter :P What an honor!

Edited by Scout_Fox

6 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

maybe... Perhaps the goat became a zombie?

It very well may be... and we still don't know much of that narrator... perhaps.... :P

Edit: Agh, just saw after I posted! Thank you so much and yes most definitely so @Lunamor! :D I think that was the most difficult so far to fit in but I loved how it turned out!

Edited by Scout_Fox

7 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

:lol::lol: But what for the single trail of violet blood... A clue perhaps? Lay the beast not so dead as we had thought? (I think we might need a return..... <_<)

Edit: Thank you so much @Condensation! So glad you enjoyed! The very first member of the very first Chapter :P What an honor!

Yep, that's me! The first one. :)

4 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

What exactly would being a Shardbuddy of one such as yourself entail? :)

Well... monthly skydiving contests, fighting demons with your bare hands, destroying planets, rescuing puppies stuck in tall trees.... the usual :P

(lol a Shardbuddy is what you need a Shardbuddy to be :D Whether you want to chat every week or just follow along to status updates once in a while it all works!)

7 minutes ago, Condensation said:

That sounds like fun! Why haven't I been participating in those?

Well we had to cool down on the planet destroying recently... Thanos had an objection... and the last time we did demon fighting someone broke a rib... one of the demons that is, not one of us, but still doesn't hurt to be careful :P

Edited by Scout_Fox

6 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Well... monthly skydiving contests, fighting demons with your bare hands, destroying planets, rescuing puppies stuck in tall trees.... the usual :P

In that case, I will join the ever growing ranks of your Shardbuddies. If, it’s good with you. I’ve always wanted to destroy a planet.