Ask Nath's Advice or Some Such

Nathrangking

Well I made an AMA twice and they were moderately succesful, but I think that it is time that I followed the emerging trend of advice threads. Thank you to all who paved the way @I Am A Fish @Condensation @Scarletfox. It's time that I used my knowledge for good. Ask for advice in writing, life, love, or anything else really. (Customer Satisfaction Not Guaranteed.)

Edited by Nathrangking

Just now, Nathrangking said:

Well @I Am A Fish, I have been called a ham. However, I have never even considered the possibility of becoming a fish.

But will you give it serious thought?

Will you be the second member of fishes, that will one day dominate the Shard?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What? No. I didn't say that... ^

Just now, I Am A Fish said:

But will you give it serious thought?

Will you be the second member of fishes, that will one day dominate the Shard?

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

What? No. I didn't say that... ^

I have to give thought to whether I will give it thought.

1 minute ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

NATH!! THIS ONE WILL NOT DIE!

What do you like to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon?

It depends on just how lazy. Sunday afternoons are good times to catch up on my shows. Sometimes I'll just shard. I have also been known to use the time for reading:ph34r:.

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Well I made an AMA twice and they were moderately succesful, but I think that it is time that I followed the emerging trend of advice threads. Thank you to all who paved the way @I Am A Fish @Condensation @Scarletfox. It's time that I used my knowledge for good. Ask for advice in writing, life, love, or anything else really. (Customer Satisfaction Not Guaranteed.)

*bows*

I need a second opinion.

One of the boys that I like and that I think has been flirting with me wants to know who I ship him with. It's a pretty complicated story, but now he knows that I ship him with someone and that I wrote it in my notebook. He's been trying to steal my notebook now to see it, and I got pretty close to telling him that it's me today. What do you think? Because I'm thinking no, but...

5 minutes ago, Condensation said:

*bows*

I need a second opinion.

One of the boys that I like and that I think has been flirting with me wants to know who I ship him with. It's a pretty complicated story, but now he knows that I ship him with someone and that I wrote it in my notebook. He's been trying to steal my notebook now to see it, and I got pretty close to telling him that it's me today. What do you think? Because I'm thinking no, but...

that is kinda awkward... if you want I have some advice from a Chasmgoat's perspective

anyway, I need some advice.

What should I do?

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

*bows*

I need a second opinion.

How serious are you about this boy? If you think that there is potentially something here then any potential situation of things getting strained between you and or his taking the notebook can be defused by telling him the truth. You could also honestly tell him that you are not comfortable sharing that information. Part of this comes down to comfort. If you are uncomfortable with his having that information then either say nothing or try and defuse it. Otherwise Fortune favors the bold

1 minute ago, Chasmgoat said:

that is kinda awkward... if you want I have some advice from a Chasmgoat's perspective

anyway, I need some advice.

What should I do?

Live a healthy life. Eat a balanced diet, exercise, get some fresh air. Read some classics.

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Live a healthy life. Eat a balanced diet, exercise, get some fresh air. Read some classics

Diet and exercise are actually not part of living a healthy life according to my theory.

This is my theory: To live a long and healthy life, you must eat a lot and never work out. This way, all the energy from your food is not wasted on muscle cells and instead goes to your vital organs and your brain. So, your vital organs are healthier because they are getting more energy!

flawless...

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Chasmgoat, sure! If you want to

Warning: This is not serious.

Spoiler

relationships are bad. Be like me. Do not talk to people. Do not interact with anyone. Do not think about relationships. In Chasmgoat society, We look down upon romance and such. I would tell you to slap him, but that breaks the rule of not interacting with others. instead, stay in bed and stay there for life. People will fail you, but the bed never will.

I can't wait till I make my Chasmgoat advice thread! (it will all be like this)

Sorry for the double post!

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

If I were to have a date that's been being pushed back for three months because of various factors, what would be the best way to finally make it work?

Life does sometimes get in the way and unexpected complications can arise. However, that being said steps can be taken to set a date especially one which one was forced to push off. Firstly, you can within reason consider potential obstacles which could derail your plans. It may be difficult to impossible account for everything, but many things can be anticipated. Secondly, once you have anticipated you can move to set the date. Being aware of what could potentially hold you back can help set the date reasonably. If something comes up reevaluate as needed. You can never over anticipate (Steris taught us this.) Plan for the worst and expect the best,

7 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

How does one make deep friends? 

Well one could take the easy way and join the shard.

However, more seriously (Although only slightly) find common ground and let time take its course. Making lasting friends is a long process. In the end dividends will be paid out. It is really about time, patience, and finding strong common ground.

Edited by Nathrangking

On 10/21/2020 at 10:54 PM, Condensation said:

I'm fairly serious, but I don't know how serious he is about me. I don't want our friendship to die, but he won't stop asking and trying to steal it.

Chasmgoat, sure! If you want to.

I just saw this. I apologize for taking so long to address this point. While confrontation may not be the right approach. A little bit of directness and subtlety might be called for. You might inquire why he wants to find out who you ship with him. That as a first step combined perhaps with the slightest show of increased interest in him might allow you to gauge the seriousness of the situation.

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I just saw this. I apologize for taking so long to address this point. While confrontation may not be the right approach. A little bit of directness and subtlety might be called for. You might inquire why he wants to find out who you ship with him. That as a first step combined perhaps with the slightest show of increased interest in him might allow you to gauge the seriousness of the situation.

Ooh, good idea. Thanks!