Dalinar boosting powers

Wax

Just reading after the release of RoW chapter 16, and I am thinking about Dalinar boosting radiant powers.

Dalinar boosting :-

Shallan:- 3D virtual map projections.  I wonder what Dalinar boosting Hoid will do...

Kaladin - the entire army becomes squires temporarily.

Lift:-???

Renarin :- crazy number of visions

Malata :- the bomb/flamethrower

Jasnah:- soulcast the wall of China :lol:

Szeth:- a million lashings

Stoneward:-??

On 21/10/2020 at 0:09 AM, Wax said:

Kaladin - the entire army becomes squires temporarily

Unlikely. With Shallan, Dalinar is boosting her surge of illumination to create the 3D map of whole Roshar. So he is boosting an actual surge and not her resonance. 

So with kaladin, and other orders, it will have something to do with his two surges, gravity and adhesion. What I would like to see is him and kaladin together, Dalinar boosting Kal’s windshield into ability that he shown in OB, and together they two deflect an entire storm! 
Although I don’t think Stormfather will be very happy if that happens! 

On 21/10/2020 at 0:09 AM, Wax said:

Renarin’s: Whole future is laid bare! 
Lift : she can heal even shades and bring them back to life

Here's a couple of ideas, some of them more out there than others.

With Shallan's map, Dalinar is using the power of his Connection to the land and the vision of the Stotmfather to suffused Shallan's lightweaving. My guess is that other super charged augmentations will likewise have something to do with Connection.

Super Charged Elsecalling: I believe we might see this in RoW, with Jasnah and Dalinar both being manipulated out of the tower to the frontlines of battle  in Emul, Dalinar might be able to use his bondsmith powers to increase the connection between Jasnah and a large group of troops to enable them to teleport back to the tower. We know at least that Elsecallers were historically able to take people with them into the Cognitive realm, and if the surge of transportation works anything like teleportation, I think it would be a reasonable extension of the surge with Dalinar's Connection enhancements to teleport a large group of troops.

Windrunning Squire Voltron (or for Malazan fans, D'ivers): We know from the marketing blurb about RoW that there's going to be a fabrial arms race, at that the 4th Bridge is an early prototype flying ship. My guess is that by the end of RoW larger, better flying war machines are going to be employed by both sides. One powerful and possible application of Dalinar's super charged Connection augmentation of thr surge of Adhesion combing with a squad leading 3rd ideal Windrunner and their group of squires also using their surges of adhesion, could be the corporeal fusing of the Windrunner and their squires into a flying super entity capable of ramming through enemy flying ships. For the non malazan spoiler analogy this would be like Voltron fusing, but the better analogy that has spoilers for Malazan Memories of Ice this would be like:

Spoiler

Gruntle, the mortal sword of Treach, and his Capan legion fusing to form a giant tiger when they were fighting the undead K'chain Che'malle K'ell Hunters at Coral to save Whiskeyjack's host. 

Super Charged Sanitarium using Progression: Dalinar augmenting an Edgedancer's surge of progression to heal everyone in a field hospital. Could possibly work with a Truthwatcher, but most likely with an Edgedancer.

Lightweaver army of Dust and Air: Like Shallan's phantom army suffused with Soulcast substance, Dalinar augmenting this powerful combo could probably help create a literal army of Dust and Air, the shape and function of the this nightmare army only limited by the Lightweavers imagination. Flying chasmfiends made of fire, the ground itself seeming to erupt in a whirlwind of flashing teeth, etc, etc.

On 10/20/2020 at 0:39 PM, Wax said:

Kaladin - the entire army becomes squires temporarily.

Malata :- the bomb/flamethrower

Jasnah:- soulcast the wall of China :lol:

Szeth:- a million lashings

I think all of these are a lot less powerful than you make them seem. Creating a 3D map of the world is no where on par with these.

I believe each Bondsmith boosts powers in a way related to their “land.” The Stormfather Bondsmith is connected to the highstorm, and by extension the world as a whole because the highstorm moves. The sibling Bondsmith is connected to Urithiru, and the night watcher Bondsmith is connected to the Valley.

Boosted Radiants

windrunner: spiritual adhesion ties someone to the Bondsmith’s land. I’m not sure what the implications are. Adhesion because each radiant order probably gets a different surge boosted and this lines up with the rest.

Skybreaker: I don’t know. Something gravitation. Maybe a basic lashing automatically in the direction of the Bondsmith’s land?

Dustbringer: division related somehow.

Edgedancer: abrasion related

truthwatcher: plants grow in the direction of the Bondsmith’s land?

lightweaver: map of the Bondsmith’s land

Elsecaller: soulcast a copy of the Bondsmith’s land?

Willshaper: teleport a small group to the Bondsmith’s land

stoneward: something cohesion related

I admit, I’m not sure what many of these are. But I really believe the pattern and mechanics is more accurate.