The Iconar Collective - Roleplay

Channelknight Fadran

13 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Icona, in his slumber, could still see.

The Collective was his, and had been since the beginning. Yes, he had handed the reigns of responsibility to his children, the six Iconar, but they could never appreciate his perfect little world as a whole. Not as he did.

Somewhere, however, down in a land between realm, was a group of--interesting individuals, surrounded by some fate unknown to him. He frowned, coming down for a closer look. He didn't know where he was; in his sleep, everything was fuzzy. It was difficult to discern was was reality and what was dream.

"Good luck, children." He decided. "On whatever it is you're supposed to do."

Ahh! I’ve got to get a character figured out quick! :P

Wait so do we get actual Iconar canon lore? Brilliant! 

Also he's only starting this cause I complained so

Brelgurr sniffed, rolling out of his cot. Sun streamed through the small window of his hut; that was what had woken him up. On his way down- he had rolled out of bed, not simply gotten out of bed- he stuck out his arms and caught himself. Perfect plank.

He did a push-up, just for show.

Han yawned, sitting up. He looked around. Ugh. He did not remember falling asleep here last night. He had been drinking again. He stretched and rose, getting out of bed. He pushed aside the tent flap, walking outside. He blinked in the bright sunlight, shading his eyes. He-wait. Something was wrong. The camp looked tense. Something had happened. Something very important. He looked around, alert. He needed to consult his officers. 

Character:

Spoiler

Name: Han     
Description: Dark skinned, dark brown eyes, short curly hair, tall(for once), muscular, and has a history of  prejudice  because of his skin color.        
Rank: Battalionlord of high rank, commanding a thousand men.    
um. . . Sorry if I’ve already posted a character chart, this one is the one I’m going with.  
Powers: Fadran, can we only have one right now, or can we have multiple?

18 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Name: Han     
Description: Dark skinned, dark brown eyes, short curly hair, tall(for once), muscular, and has a history of  prejudice  because of his skin color.        
Rank: Battalionlord of high rank, commanding a thousand men.    
um. . . Sorry if I’ve already posted a character chart, this one is the one I’m going with.  
Powers: Fadran, can we only have one right now, or can we have multiple?

People generally don't discriminate against skin color, but rather actual race. Are you a member of the Silverclad Enclave or some other army? I should probably give people a blank character sheet to work off of...

26 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

People generally don't discriminate against skin color, but rather actual race. Are you a member of the Silverclad Enclave or some other army? I should probably give people a blank character sheet to work off of

Ok, what then is the most discriminated race? And how many powers can we have?

18 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:
Ok, what then is the most discriminated race? And how many powers can we have?

Most discriminated is probably Necromid (vampire), and I haven’t figured out the logistics for natural power-stacking, so just stick with one magic system for now.

I’ve edited the OP to add a character sheet template. This was said in-character.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Most discriminated is probably Necromid (vampire), and I haven’t figured out the logistics for natural power-stacking, so just stick with one magic system for now.

Ok, thanks! I’ll edit mine tomorrow  

8 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

I'm almost finished with my character. She's an inexperienced but promising Sjor arcanist looking to go study and see the world. Is there anything I should know about Sjor? What are some Sjorish names like?

I kinda designed Sjor similar to the Parshendi; a race who prefers showing off their vibrant colored skin to wearing fancy clothing. This doesn't mean that you have to make them, ah... minimalist in their attire. It's just something to take into account.

I don't know what their names sound like, but I imagine that they have similar structures to the name of the race itself (as in pronouncing letters differently, like how the J in Sjor is pronounced like a Y).

Name: Chalja (Probounced Kahl-yuh), Cally for short

Race: Sjor

Home Realm: Vitera

Magic: Arcana

Appearance: A tall, female Sjor with modeled blue and purple skin and shoulder-length red hair. She wears a bright green skirt and top with pink leggings and a bright yellow sash that clash strangely with tough, leather traveling boots. She also wears a wide-brimmed hat embroidered with what appears to be a messily done cat. Most of the clothing seems to be tie-dyed by hand, probably her own. She carries a large bag over her shoulder which seems to be filled with an assortment of books and food items, some of which are leaking out the pockets.

As Chalja stepped through the Parallarity, she took in a breath, going from darkness to the bright light of the immense marble chamber of Midway. Before her eyes even adjusted, Cally whipped out the notebook she carried under one arm and started jotting down every last detail of the room, heedless of the disgruntled people pushing past her as she stood smack in the middle of the entryway. So many kinds of people! The Sjol were colorful, sure, but they never went any further in color than their patterned skin, never took their fashion, their culture, to new levels. “Maybe I can finally fit in here.” Cally whispered to herself, as she fumbled through the crowd.

Fadran, what is the possibly of having a spren talking animal sidekick of some sort?

• 2 weeks later...

Joining this because it needs to go somewhere, even though I probably shouldn't add another RP :P 

Name: Fellur

Race: Fairy (Fourth Verar)

Homeworld: Feylore

He stole magical knowledge from the higher castes so now he's on the run!

You never said what the Fey look like, so let me spitball and you can tell me if it's wrong. He's about two feet tall, with thin, translucent dragonfly wings scaled up to his body size. He has blue hair long enough to hang below his chin and a thin face that immediately looks mischievous. Right now he's dressed in brown, utilitarian clothing with some small nature accents from home and a cloak that's comically large on him.

Fellur woke up from the windowsill he had chosen to make his home on for the night. Midway had been kind to him so far, but there was no way he could stay here much longer. The best thing to do would be to go somewhere that the High Verar wouldn't expect, and they would certainly expect here.

3 minutes ago, 00kla said:

Fellur woke up from the windowsill he had chosen to make his home on for the night. Midway had been kind to him so far, but there was no way he could stay here much longer. The best thing to do would be to go somewhere that the High Verar wouldn't expect, and they would certainly expect here.

I have no idea what fairies look like, so I’ma say it works.

On 11/22/2020 at 5:31 PM, Ookla's Dice said:

He did a push-up, just for show.

Looking in the window he had happened to land on, Fellur couldn't help but remark. "Very nice, but you might want to do more than one to get anything"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

I have no idea what fairies look like, so I’ma say it works.

Yay!

Do I really have time for anoth- You know what, that's not relevant anymore.

Name: Dura

Race: Sjor

Homeworld: Unclear

Magic: Skilled Healer

Appearance: Does not like to show that he's a Sjor, so paints his face and wears a hood and gloves most of the time. He's never been seen using the light sword he carries, but it's probably best to assume he knows how.

Backstory: He's a healer turned wanderer. The details are more specific, but it's not that hard to guess.

Dura sat in an alleyway, spinning a his knife through his fingers. He should probably start finding food soon.

13 minutes ago, 00kla said:

Looking in the window he had happened to land on, Fellur couldn't help but remark. "Very nice, but you might want to do more than one to get anything"

Brelgurr laughed. “Fairy, I don’t need to work out. It’s just for fun.”

Just now, Ookla's Dice said:

Brelgurr laughed. “Fairy, I don’t need to work out. It’s just for fun.”

"Your mouth says you don't need to work out, your belly says otherwise." He laughs, really more of a giggle. "That was almost a very impressive face plant though"  

4 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"Your mouth says you don't need to work out, your belly says otherwise." He laughs, really more of a giggle. "That was almost a very impressive face plant though"  

Brelgurr raises an eyebrow, then grabs his metal table and hefts it above his head. “This is pure iron. What do you say to that?”

Just now, Ookla the Sprinkle said:

All right. Once you guys make it out of that house, you can run into me.

All right, then, let's see what we can do.

Fellur's laughter died off and he saluted the dwarf jauntily. "All the same, my dear friend, I do have to be off. It's been a pleasure." He jumps off the windowsill and glides down to the ground.