Tacitus

Okay, I'll just jump right in. 

Here's the idea: People. Each from a different planet or realm or dimension, whatever you want, but each person has a form of Magic unfamiliar to the others. They're Magically Plopped (that's a term now) into a new world, left to survive and forced to cooperate with these strange people and learn about the magical arts they are proficient in. We'll see how it progresses after the characters basically learn how to not die. But that about sums it up. Good? No good? The most beautiful thing you've ever beheld? A monstrosity that should be banished to the nether realms?

Edited by Omi the Counselor

The sun is bright and shines on a grassy plain that runs for miles and miles, trees occasionally popping up from the ground. Clouds periodically block the sunlight, casting shadows on the plain. One such time, seemingly no different from all the others, a cloud blocks out the sun. When it has passed a man is standing there, wearing all black. 

A tall, short-haired man stands, and finds himself in an unfamiliar landscape, covered in the grass that fills it. He knows there is no place near his city that resembles this place. fearing what dangers may live in the unusual plain, he brings himself lower to the ground, and searches for any sign of people. Any sign of civilization.

I totally want to do this, it seems really fun. Now to come up with a original magic system. I'll figure it out as I play.

Yet another man, short and stocky with a thick beard wakes up, sitting up in the long grass. He looks around and is surprised as he does not recognize any of the terrain. Seeing someone in the distance he begins to walk towards them. 

"Ho there!" He called. "Do you have any bloody idea where we are?"

Verdin jumps at the sound of a voice. Looking around, he sees a man. He sighs. Evidently, he wasn't quite as good at hiding than he had thought he was. He stands to his full height, coming out of the tall grass. Answering the man's question, he calls, "No, I'm afraid not. But I am glad to see someone. Do you have any idea how you got here? I can't recall".

"Ah. Do excuse me. My name is Verdin. Verdin Vuurda. Yours?",Verdin asked, glancing to the sides of his vision. He was anxious. He could feel another presence near them, and his senses tended to be right. An animal, stalking it's prey? Another person, without memory of how they came to be in the plain?

A sound drifts on the wind, like a melody that's too beautiful for human ears, and a girl is there. Not as if she appeared, but as if she's always been there and no one noticed before. "Memory is fleeting", she says, in a voice that sounds as if it would be better suited to poetry than prose. "Remembering isn't the important part anyway."

Just now, Omi the Counselor said:

"Alright, Harmony, Geff". Verdin wasn't familiar with any languages that the names would belong to. Where where they from? Verdin opened his mouth to speak, but then frowned at Harmony. "What happened the other times?"

"Which time? There's been quite a few. But that's a long story, not worth explaining right now. Who are you guys?"

Suddenly, a tall man in a black cloak appears, holding what seems to be a hammer, except the head is made of a strange glowing metal. He looks around, and a frown appears on his face. "I haven't messed up a Crack of Transportation in years..."
Turning to the strange group of three, he says in a commanding tone, "How far are we from Xahelis? And who are you?"

5 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Which time? There's been quite a few. But that's a long story, not worth explaining right now. Who are you guys?"

*Panics* Augh! I only have the backstory fleshed out slightly!

"I am a travelling priest and that is all you really need to know. And don't look now but there is someone or something behind you, Verdin"