Mistborn Era II

Nae'blis

8 minutes ago, Nae'blis said:

So,even though i had read era ii a long time ago, i still havent exactly figured out how the identity thing works. And all the theories are blowing my mind. So can somebody expain it in simple terms?basics? thank yoi

So basically there’s this thing in the cosmere called identity. It basically makes you you on a spiritual and cognitive level. Certain things need your identity to exist to work, such as metalminds. Metalminds basically have a spiritual fingerprint recognition that checks if you are who you say you are. If the check turns out to be someone else, you’re not allowed to use the metalmind. If it does not turn up negative, it can be used. That means if you have no identity, you can access any metalmind that you can normally access. 

now these locks are made when you fill a metalmind. It then will exclude people who have not used that metalmind. If you have no identity and store something in a metalmind, then it means that it will not exclude anyone because it doesn’t have a fingerprint to recognize. That means anyone can use it, which means unkeyed metalminds. 

unsealed metalminds use nicrosilminds, which is a bit different. I could explain it though.