30 minutes ago, StormFather! said:

Now I’m convinced. Do I have to officially join? ; )

You should join the Feruchemical Duralumin Club, it is totally not a cult, therefore it doesn't require official joining and you can leave at any time.*

*only during business hours (8am-3pm PT) on Tuesdays 

3 hours ago, AonDii said:

You should join the Feruchemical Duralumin Club, it is totally not a cult, therefore it doesn't require official joining and you can leave at any time.*

*only during business hours (8am-3pm PT) on Tuesdays 

Wait what blaspheme is this? In my cult? 

hold on... maybe we can have a deal, kind of like with [stormlight]

Spoiler

The Ghostbloods and the 17th shard

Type member deal...hmmmmmm....

does this place have a thread yet? What’s the traction? What’s the business that would be done during the business hours?

On 10/18/2020 at 7:37 AM, Koloss17 said:

Now I’ll give a disclaimer, this has to do with General cosmere realmic theory, so if you don’t want to be spoiled on magic systems of the cosmere, this aint the place for you.

I made this because of @Aspiring Writer, and what better time to make it than my shardiversery!

here I recruit people for F-tin being the best possible power in the whole of everything.

F-tin is great. It can store your senses. Makes things a lot more convenient, frankly. You don’t have to hear people if you don’t want to, you don’t have to smell things you don’t want to, and you don’t have to see things you don’t want to. It also allows you to see, hear, smell, feel, and taste things better. That means every food you taste will be a LOT better and you can see, hear, and smell things from a while away.
But those aren’t the only senses. 

you have sense of balance. Store that while you are sitting down, and you can traverse anything without a hiccup. 
you have sense of heat or cold. Of course your body will still have those effects when you are storing it, but you will not really feel it. Which is actually great for dealing with hypothermia. 
you have sense of location. You can know exactly where you are in the world-or possibly the cosmere.

and then you have sense of pain. You can null any sort of pain without consequence, for the most part. This is nice in combat and in normal life. Stub your toe? Don’t feel it. Have a headache? Don’t feel it. It can of course be dangerous to not feel pain, but it is quite powerful still.

but that is not all you can do. Not by far.

You can mix magic systems. More easily with Feruchemy and allomancy, so let’s start with that. 

you can store steelsight-those lines that eminate from you while burning steel or iron. This gives you a 360 degree view of your surroundings, which is fantastic.

you can store atium, electrum, malatium, and gold shadows; allowing you to push what is possible for each of those metals.

you can store bronze sight, allowing you to do amazing things with the extra bronze.

you can store balance from pewter and other senses from tin as well.

You could also store other things from other feruchemantic metals, such as balance in steel and balancing out warmth and cold in bronzeminds. 

then let’s get to other magic systems, starting with Roshar.

the surge of gravitation allows you to have some extra sense of direction, or so I would assume, given that you are not ever-disoriented when you use it. A lot actually, given some things with honorblades 

Reveal hidden contents

People who picked up the honorblades can pull themselves all over the place without problem.

You could store that sense of location in a tinmind.

Then there is the surge of adhesion. It seems that there is a boost to your sense of balance, allowing you to not succumb to your own powers. You could store that boost of balance in a tinmind.

We don’t quite know how void-futuresense works, but it might allow for storing in a tinmind (I haven’t read the RoW chapters so it might be known, but I don’t want to know).

moving on to sixth of dusk. You could totally store the death sight that some birds give, which would allow some crazy things.

then there is Nalthis. I don’t know whether or not you can store perfect color recognition or perfect pitch, but it is a possibility. 

that is definitely not all of the great things that tin can store, but it is most of them.

Now tin works wonderfully on it’s own, but is so much more powerful with other things. It does not just allow a shortcut for storing certain things, it also allows you to reverse compound, leading to Feruchemical savantism. The almighty Brando Sando said such:

Questioner

There are Allomantic savants, are there Feruchemical savants?

Brandon Sanderson

Much harder to do. My feeling on Feruchemical savants was because it was your own power in the first place, you can't steep in it so much in the way. But, if you can get someone else's power or if you are fueling your Feruchemy another way, you would become one. So, the Lord Ruler is a good example.

Questioner

Was Miles a...

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah. Miles would be the same sort of thing.

Questioner

Is that why he didn't die as quickly in the execution?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

So yeah. Normally no but if you can Compound you become... basically that is how I am explaining part of the Compounding abilities. 

Starsight Release Party (Nov. 26, 2019)

This means that through reverse compounding, you can become very powerful indeed. 

In conclusion, tin is useful for both civilian life and soldier life. It fits into any sort of life, really. It has an array of capabilities that can be used in just about any situation. And it blends seamlessly with many other magic systems. I challenge you to find another ability that does all of that but better than F-tin. If you can’t, I challenge you to join this cult and spread the word.

OR

if you are so inclined, you can join @AonDii’s Feruchemical Duralumin Club here:

you forgot the link

3 minutes ago, AonDii said:

you forgot the link

I just added it. And you should link my club, @AonDii

and to that note, there is an important announcement! The F-tin cult has formed an alliegance with the F-duralumin Club! We will not be rivals, but comrades, helping each other’s organizations grow and flourish. It is a big step for this cult!

Edited by Koloss17

7 hours ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

So the question is, can we find a great unifying ability. Is there some magic in the cosmere that would allow you to “see” your connections to other people? That would be very useful to both the club and the cult

That’s actually a great question! What can F-tin or F-duralumin do together?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Your Overlord has returned!!!!

The F-Tin cult has returned to power after a 2-year hiatus. The goal is, of course, the same, and that is to convince the masses of the raw, unstoppable power of F-Tin. All are welcome, and though dissenters are permitted to contest any of the points that I and others have made, they must be willing to convert if a strong enough argument is made. 

From the ashes of silence, may this cult be reborn!!

On 11/13/2020 at 10:37 AM, Koloss17 said:

come to think of it, how would steelsight savant work?

Like it does for Inquisitors: you can see even things that don't actually have enough metal to Push on, including people.

On 11/28/2020 at 2:01 PM, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Are we allowed to talk about hemalurgic tin in here? Cause I think you could do some fun stuff with that, taking senses from animals that humans don't have.

I think there are some animals (was it insects?) that can see in infrared and/or ultraviolet. That would be cool. Or a cat-eye spike. Dog-nose spike would also be cool (so long as you don't turn into those monsters in Wax and Wayne books). Eagle-eye spike would be very useful too. Also, is it sharks that can sense electricity? Would sonar spikes require recording whatever clicks the animal makes and playing it on repeat?

On 11/28/2020 at 2:01 PM, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Maybe even stealing investiture senses like life sense (and a-bronze maybe?)

I feel like that shouldn't work, but it would be kinda cool if it did. Especially in conjunction with F-Tin. Spike a Tineye flaring their metal, store senses really fast with a much higher limit when you tap.

Of course, with any Hemalurgy, morality comes into question. For humans you could do it like an organ donor thing crossed with euthanasia, but of course animals couldn't give consent. Whether that matters or not is up to your moral code.

20 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

I agree with the ideology of the group. F-tin just seems like an overall really good metal for day to day life, and has it's abilities upgraded 10 fold or more when you can compound it.  

Yes! Another member! The cult grows!