Okay you know what, this needs to be revived and I’m curious.

what are you guys’ favorite magic system combo with windwhisperers?

mine is A steel and F-tin twinborn. You can fly, you can be a steelsight savant, you can get back to your home without walking when you want to walk somewhere and realize that you don’t want to walk anymore.

come to think of it, how would steelsight savant work?

Edited by Koloss17

I feel responsible for this revival. Also, hi cult!

I'm wondering if you can do weird things with lightweaving. You could do massive blinding flashes of light or sonic booms that would blind/deafen anyone nearby, except you can store that sense and be unaffected. And lightweaving is really useful on its own (especially since it comes with either healing or soulcasting), as is tin, so this could be a really useful combination

Edited by Stormtide_Leviathan

1 hour ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

I feel responsible for this revival. Also, hi cult!

I'm wondering if you can do weird things with lightweaving. You could do massive blinding flashes of light or sonic booms that would blind/deafen anyone nearby, except you can store that sense and be unaffected. And lightweaving is really useful on its own (especially since it comes with either healing or soulcasting), as is tin, so this could be a really useful combination

Oh that’s actually smart! I didn’t think of that! Also yes you are responsible. Good human! That might be my close second favorite combo. I’m a truthwatcher, so I probably Won’t get a cryptic, but I like it!

Edited by Koloss17

11 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

what are you guys’ favorite magic system combo with windwhisperers?

My personal favorite twinborn combo is A-pewter and F-gold. I can store extra healing from pewter, and I can use pewter to illegally win marathons! (I bet their drug tests don't cover pewter!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 2:01 PM, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Are we allowed to talk about hemalurgic tin in here? Cause I think you could do some fun stuff with that, taking senses from animals that humans don't have. Maybe even stealing investiture senses like life sense (and a-bronze maybe?)

Well, stealing senses work about as good as storing senses. What animal senses could you steal from animals that you could then store? I wonder... 

this adds so many possibilities.

8 hours ago, Koloss17 said:
On 12/4/2020 at 1:41 AM, Ookla the Rhadamanthine said:

h-tin is vastly more useful than f-tin

I would also like to know...(it actually seems like a cool proposal) 

I'm not the one who said it, but it does have certain advantages over f-tin. You can use it to enhance your senses permanently, rather than having to store like f-tin, and you can use it to gain access to senses you don't normally have. Possibly even some invetiture-granting senses. Those are both extremely useful attributes.

I wouldn't say it's better though. Being able to turn down your senses is as useful of a power as being able to turn them up. Sometimes you definitely don't want enhanced senses, just ask spook, but hemalurgy doesn't give you a chance. And as far as I know, we don't know how h-tin works. Does it steal all their senses or is it more selective like f-tin? Cause multiple spikes will add up fast. Hemalurgy also comes with the downside of potentially making you controllable. And that's ignoring the obvious moral dilemmas. 

• 2 weeks later...

So about tin feruchemy. Operating under the assumption that you can steal senses from animals (not confirmed, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't)... how does that work? Like if I kill an owl for its eyesight (I'm going to hell for sure, but like. In the mean time) would it give me an increased range of vision even though my eyes don't operate in the same biomechanical way that allows for this?

EDIT: I meant hemalurgy, not feruchemy. Though I guess maybe if you're fancy and know what you're doing you might be able to store range of vision?

Edited by Stormtide_Leviathan

7 minutes ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

So about tin feruchemy. Operating under the assumption that you can steal senses from animals (not confirmed, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't)... how does that work? Like if I kill an owl for its eyesight (I'm going to hell for sure, but like. In the mean time) would it give me an increased range of vision even though my eyes don't operate in the same biomechanical way that allows for this?

Hmmmmmmmmm. I mean... maaagiiiic? Maybe? I have no idea, really. Great theory, though! 

If you won’t post it in the Mistborm forum, I will. IT MUST BE ANSWERED!