Now I’ll give a disclaimer, this has to do with General cosmere realmic theory, so if you don’t want to be spoiled on magic systems of the cosmere, this ain’t the place for you.

I made this because of @Aspiring Writer, and what better time to make it than my shardiversery!

here I recruit people for F-tin being the best possible power in the whole of everything.

Let’s start off with the basics. F-Tin by itself. 

F-Tin is quite the unique Feruchemantic metal, as it can be useful both when tapped and when stored. Reducing your sense of smell, taste, hearing, or even touch can be quite nice at times. Additionally, you have the absolutely mind-bending ability of storing pain, which basically breaks the end neutrality of Feruchemy.

What I mean by that is that generally, the idea is that you have a moment of weakness when storing an attribute for a memory of strength when tapping it. With painminds, there is very few reasons to ever tap that stored attribute. There is no weakness in the moment for strength later, it is only strength in the moment!

In Addition to all of that, there is the ability to store balance, proprioception, and direction, which could all be brilliantly useful in its own way.

There are possibly other things that could be stored, but it all depends on what you would count as a sense (i.e. sense of time, sense of locational position, and all of those things). If you want to theorize or see what I mean about potential senses, here’s a thread on it: 

For a single Ferring to do all of that is insane! 

Now we can get into the absolute ridiculousness that is blending it with other magic systems. It is one of the best at a thing that I like to call reverse-compounding, which is fueling Feruchemy using Allomancy. I have a whole thread on it here: 

And once you expand from there, and start delving into the greater Cosmere, there is even more things you can store!

(Relevant thread): 

And if you are want to know how F-Tin can help in day-to-day life, I made a post for that!

All in all, I love F-Tin with all my heart, and it is far and away the most versatile power in all of the Cosmere. While it may not be the best at any one thing, it can certainly help you with anything you seek to do.

So join me, and together, we can rule the Shard, preaching F-Tin superiority across the Cosmere!

Additionally, if you are so inclined, you can join @AonDii’s Feruchemical Duralumin Club here:

Edited by Koloss17
WE’RE BRINGING IT BACK BABYYY!

On 10/18/2020 at 10:37 AM, Koloss17 said:

the surge of gravitation allows you to have some extra sense of direction, or so I would assume, given that you are not ever-disoriented when you use it. A lot actually, given some things with honorblades 

I don't think that the surge of gravtiation has extra directional sense, considering that

Spoiler

Kaladin had to spend all that time training in the chasms, and the bridge 4 members that become squires fly awkwardly at first.

But I do think that F-tin is an awesome power! (Torture? Useless).

11 hours ago, Nameless said:

I don't think that the surge of gravtiation has extra directional sense, considering that

Hide contents

Kaladin had to spend all that time training in the chasms, and the bridge 4 members that become squires fly awkwardly at first.

But I do think that F-tin is an awesome power! (Torture? Useless).

I’d say you can make an arguement for that! I honestly don’t know, but awkwardly is different from miserably failing because you never fell up or sideways before. But it is a question to ponder.

1 hour ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Wow. That’s really cool. And for your shardiversary! I’m in too. This is super cool. 

And more members! 

I’ve given some thoughts to what you do aaa a cult, and I thought that we should figure out some more ways Tim is superior than anything else and come up with names for people with the combos.

I’m thinking that an A-steel F-tin twinborn should be a scout or something like that. They can see everything with steelsight and 360 vision as well as ordinary tin. Plus, they can push themselves into the air for a better vantage point. The perfect scout or guard. The one downside is that “scout” is kind of lame sounding. 

On 10/18/2020 at 7:37 AM, Koloss17 said:

you can store steelsight-those lines that eminate from you while burning steel or iron. This gives you a 360 degree view of your surroundings, which is fantastic.

you can store atium, electrum, malatium, and gold shadows; allowing you to push what is possible for each of those metals.

you can store bronze sight, allowing you to do amazing things with the extra bronze.

Do we have WOBs confirming these?

The steelsight one seems iffy to me. It doesn’t feel like a new sense, it’s still just Sight, and your just seeing things other people can’t. 

@Koloss17 Yes! You made it. All you read this comment, please leave your vote for the name I made for the group, the Tin Theology. Yay or nay?

So little something, if you could, can you find whatever WoB that tells us stuff like F-Tin being able to store death sense or steelsight? I'm familiar with a lot of those, but plenty is news to me. Pretty sure many would agree.

56 minutes ago, Danex said:

The steelsight one seems iffy to me. It doesn’t feel like a new sense, it’s still just Sight, and your just seeing things other people can’t. 

See?

On 10/18/2020 at 9:51 AM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I’m in! I join the cult!

Wiser words have never been spoken.

6 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

@Koloss17 Yes! You made it. All you read this comment, please leave your vote for the name I made for the group, the Tin Theology. Yay or nay?

So little something, if you could, can you find whatever WoB that tells us stuff like F-Tin being able to store death sense or steelsight? I'm familiar with a lot of those, but plenty is news to me. Pretty sure many would agree.

See?

Wiser words have never been spoken.

7 hours ago, Danex said:

Herowannabe

I recently picked up the Mistborn Adventure game and am loving it. I made a character who is a blind Mistborn because hey, I thought it would make for some interesting possibilities. As I understand Allomancy, he can hear/sense well enough to get around with Tin, plus even though he's blind he can still "see" steel lines (like the inquisitors), and I assume Atium would work the same way- that is, he could still "see" Atium shadows. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Brandon Sanderson

No, you're right. That works. He'd have to burn metals a LOT though. It might warp him a little. :)

/r/fantasy AMA 2013 (April 15, 2013)

Proof! This WoB is saying that he could see atium even if he doesn’t have sight, so it is a separate sense. Steelsight was also mentioned as yes. From there, I think it’s fair to extrapolate gold, malatium, and electrum, given that they basically do the same thing.

on bronze, the inquisitors, though blind, can still use bronze. Ergo, not the same as sight. If it isn’t the same as sight, I don’t think it’ll fit into any other sense, so we have a new separate sense. Therefore, it can be stored in a tinmind! 

I’m happy that I got to share my research other than the claims I make!

also tin theology or tin theologians is an idea, but I think if we can get enough ideas for names, I can do a poll.

Edited by Koloss17

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

I don't think F-tin will remove the horrible feeling of digging into his flesh to find any pieces of tin left in him. That sounds like a job for F-copper

Are you saying F-tin, the one that stores senses, will not remove the FEELING of something? Sense of touch is a thing :P

also real answer. Remove sight once stabby, remove the feels, then get the objects out!

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cats and kings, what the heck is this?

The best cult. 

4 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

also real answer. Remove sight once stabby, remove the feels, then get the objects out!

Yeah, good luck finding all of my tin. I'll make sure to have some embedded in my skull. I'll get a pacemaker made of tin. I hope tin isn't poisonous to have in your bloodstream.

4 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Are you saying F-tin, the one that stores senses, will not remove the FEELING of something? Sense of touch is a thing :P

The best cult. 

You can't remove the sight of the open flesh or knowledge of what you're doing. (And you need to see so you can find the tin)