Aither of Olumpia

Hello from New Zealand

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

First post here, or in fact on any online forum! I have been a lurker for years, and coming here to browse the theories is one of my favourite ways to relax. I’ve often thought about making an account but have never thought I have much to say. 
I have read all published works I think, and skimmed through WOK prime. My favourite is Stormlight: 2, 1, 3; then Elantris, then Mistborn 1, 3, 2; then Warbreaker. Each of these I have read multiple times, but I’ve read Wax and Wayne only once so don’t remember all of that very well. I’ve also read Arcanum Unbounded. Over lockdown when my partner and I went running I would tell her the story of Final Empire to keep her motivated! 
Look forward to theorising with you all!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Welcome to the shard! What is your least favourite thing that your favourite character has done?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome! Do you have a favorite theory? Which character would you not get along with? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, welcome! So happy you joined us for your first forum experience ever!! I would definitely say it's the perfect one to join (although I admit I might be biased:D). If you have any question don't hesitate to ask!

That's so awesome that you've enjoyed perusing the theories so much! I'm sure our more avid theorists would love to hear that. We would love to hear any of your ideas as well even if you think you don't have much to say! And man, what a unique way to get motivated! You need to lead some like alternative motivation classes or something that's awesome :P

Out of all the Spren we have seen so far, who would you most desire to have bonded you? And @A Windrunner this is such a good question:

4 hours ago, A Windrunner said:

What is your least favourite thing that your favourite character has done?

I am excited for the answer! Look forward to seeing you around Aither!

Edited by Scout_Fox
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Shard, that’s a cool running story! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Shard! Happy to have you join us!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome @Aither of Olumpia! I’m sure we’re all happy to have another sharder! Tell me, if you were to face Adolin riding on a chasmfiend with malicious intent, what would you do to defeat him?

you can use any sort of obscure use of a cosmere object or strange use of a magic system to defeat him, but otherwise, just use your Hands.

SA spoilers that will help, but is not necessary for your verdict.

Spoiler

You are not allowed to make him crap himself, for he is in full sharplate, and you don’t want to make it a fourth time, do you?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard!

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2020 at 2:47 PM, A Windrunner said:

 Welcome to the shard! What is your least favourite thing that your favourite character has done?

Hi Windrunner!

Ooh I like this question! Well, I really liked Amaram’s character in the first two books. I really bought into his opinion of himself, that he had a vision for the future and he believed in it so much that he was sacrificing everything to bring it to life. Sacrificing even his own conscience because he believed in his cause so strongly. I saw him a little like Lelouch from code geass, but obviously from a view that isn’t the protagonist. I thought he was a great example of the “ends justify the means”, or greatest good, and thought that his ideology was a great counter to Kaladin. He was set to be the the human/emotional challenge to Kaladin, as if he needed more going in in his head... but that story has now passed to Moash. 
When it was revealed in oathbringer that instead of rising above his guilt, and doing what he believed to be for the greatest good despite the pain it caused him, he was simply offloading this all to Odium, I was a bit bummed. 
 

On 18/10/2020 at 2:55 PM, Mist said:

Welcome! Do you have a favorite theory? Which character would you not get along with? 

Hi Mist!

Hmm my favourite theory... Well after reading the latest prologue I thought there’s no way Gavilar isn’t coming back. I’ll be surprised now if he isn’t Odiums champion (whatever that means). 
I love Kaladin, but I doubt I would get along with him sadly. He is far too self important, and deservedly so, but I’d mix between irritation and jealousy. 
 

18 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Welcome @Aither of Olumpia! I’m sure we’re all happy to have another sharder! Tell me, if you were to face Adolin riding on a chasmfiend with malicious intent, what would you do to defeat him?

you can use any sort of obscure use of a cosmere object or strange use of a magic system to defeat him, but otherwise, just use your Hands.

SA spoilers that will help, but is not necessary for your verdict.

  Reveal hidden contents

You are not allowed to make him crap himself, for he is in full sharplate, and you don’t want to make it a fourth time, do you?

 

Hi Koloss!

Haha damnation you took my answer! Well I’m just a guy, I don’t think I would be able to think quickly enough to defeat him in that instance! I’d probably run to Dalinar and tell him to discipline his misbehaving child. 
 

17 hours ago, I Am A Fish said:

Hello, and Welcome to the Shard!

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

Hi Fish :)

My favourite character is easily Kelsier. I look forward to his reveal later in Stormlight...

Who is yours?

 

On 18/10/2020 at 3:39 PM, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome, welcome! So happy you joined us for your first forum experience ever!! I would definitely say it's the perfect one to join (although I admit I might be biased:D). If you have any question don't hesitate to ask!

That's so awesome that you've enjoyed perusing the theories so much! I'm sure our more avid theorists would love to hear that. We would love to hear any of your ideas as well even if you think you don't have much to say! And man, what a unique way to get motivated! You need to lead some like alternative motivation classes or something that's awesome :P

Out of all the Spren we have seen so far, who would you most desire to have bonded you? And @A Windrunner this is such a good question:

I am excited for the answer! Look forward to seeing you around Aither!

 

Hi Fox

I almost missed the question in there! I would love to bond a Willshaper spren! The combination of powers is my favourite, their emblem is my favourite, and their words/goals are my favourite, plus I scored them on the quiz! Don’t know enough about Timbre to know if I would like to bond them though. Personality wise I really like Syl.

 

Hey also, I have been hitting quote, then copying this into my edit - is that the fastest way to do this? I’m on an iPad if that changes anything. Cheers. 

Edited by Aither of Olumpia
Don’t want to double post
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aither of Olumpia said:

Hi Fox

I almost missed the question in there! I would love to bond a Willshaper spren! The combination of powers is my favourite, their emblem is my favourite, and their words/goals are my favourite, plus I scored them on the quiz! Don’t know enough about Timbre to know if I would like to bond them though. Personality wise I really like Syl.

 

Hey also, I have been hitting quote, then copying this into my edit - is that the fastest way to do this? I’m on an iPad if that changes anything. Cheers. 

:lol: A mega post! A newcomer after our own heart! Lol, to answer the question, the fastest way to quote multiple people is to tap the plus icon next to "quote" on all the posts you want to quote at once.

This will multi-quote all of them in the lower right and once you are done and press it you can drag them around in the order you want for your post. Edits work a little bit more special for quotes so I believe quoting then copying is the fastest for that part.

Nice answer! I do quite like the Willshaper powers as well and if you scored them on the quiz I think it's meant to be! Hmm yeah once we know more about Timbre that will definitely make more sense. Perhaps there will even be another we will learn about in the future that you will like even better. For personality you are right tho Syl is definitely where it's at! Welcome again!

Edited by Scout_Fox
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the shard 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.