Clue! The Cosmere Mystery Game!

Here are the rules: 

Spoiler

Someone in the Cosmere has been murdered, and it is your job to find out who did it, how they did it, and where they did it. The starting amount of each are six people, six weapons, and nine locations. If there are more than six players, then those numbers will be increased. There will be one Game Master (GM). For the first game that will be me.

At the start of the game one random person, weapon, and location will be chosen by the GM and set aside. The remaining people, weapons, and locations (now called cards) will be combined together and be evenly and randomly distributed to all players via a PM. For example, if the three random things are Adolin Kholin, an Awakened Ribbon, and the Pits of Hasthin, the GM would randomize the remaning cards (or all the cards not including those three) and be evenly given to players randomly. An example PM would say: 'You know that the murder was not committed by _____(any People Cards you are randomly assigned), with _____(any Weapon Cards you are randomly assigned), or at ____(any Location Cards you are randomly assigned). During a game, I will ask that only game play posts be posted in thread to make it easier for players to catch up from when they were last on. Please put any non-game related things in quote boxes. If you have any questions during the game, feel free to ask the GM in your PM that you have with them.

A randomized list of all the players will be made. The first player on the list will go first, then play will continue down the list in order. On your turn you can do one (and only one) of two things. Suggest Information or Guess the Murder. 

Suggest Information:

Choose 1 Card of each type. One Person, one weapon, and one location and announce it in the thread. For example, you might say: "I think that ___(Person) used a ___(Weapon) at ____(Location)." Then, the next player (the person below you on the list) will say in thread if they have any of those cards. They will only say either, "I have at least one of those cards," or "I don't have any of those cards." If you have any of the cards, don't say in thread which ones they are, just if you have them or not. If you don't have any, then the next person in line responds. This can repeat all the way until the player that suggested the information. If the player does have at least one of the cards, they will tell the GM through their PM which card they want to reveal. The GM will then tell the player who suggested the information which card it is through that players PM. The players turn ends either when nobody has any of the cards suggested, or a card is told to them via the GM.

Guess the Murder:

You are able to figure out how you think the murder happens because those three cards will never show up when information is suggested. If you think that you know all the information of the Murder, then you can guess the murder on your turn. To do this, announce that you are guessing the murder(preferably in bold or in some other way to make it hard to miss). You then say: The murder was committed by ____(Person) with a ____(Weapon) at _____(Location). If all three of these are correct, then the GM will announce it in the thread and you win, ending the game. If any of this information is incorrect, the GM will announce it in the thread, and that player will be out. When a player is out their turns are skipped, meaning that they cannot suggest information or guess the murder and can't win. They still reveal cards during the Suggest Information turn. If you don't want to continue, you can ask the GM to do it for you.

COLORS: When you name cards, please color code them based on the type. Blue for People, Red for Weapon, and Green for Location

RP: You are assigned a character that you can RP. This is completely optional and just for a bit more fun.

Game 1: The Death of Hoid

Hoid has been found dead, and you have been hired to find out who is responsible!

Spoiler

People:

Spoiler

1) Adolin Kholin

2) Marsh

3) Vasher

4) Wayne

5) Sixth of the Dusk

6) Odium

7) Raoden

8) Veil

9) Moash

10) Jasnah Kholin

11) Marasi

12) Lift

Weapons:

Spoiler

1) Awakened Ribbon

2) Hemalurgic Spike

3) Aviar

4) Nightblood

5) Soulcaster

6) Shardfork

7) Hat (Most likely Wayne's)

8) Stick

9) Shardblade

10) Glass Dagger

11) Coin

12) Aon

Locations:

Spoiler

1) Pits of Hathsin

2) Patji

3) The Diem

4) Urithru

5) The Court of the Gods

6) The Forests of Heck

7) Braize

8) Elantris

9) Kredik Shaw

10) The Shattered Plains

11) The Back Alleyway

12) Shadesmar

13) The Well of Ascension

14) The Horneater Peaks

15) The Roughs

16) The Purelake

17) The Spiritual Realm

18) Dayside

Player List:

Player Order:

Edited by Experience

14 minutes ago, Experience said:

Here are the rules: 

Reveal hidden contents

Someone in the Cosmere has been murdered, and it is your job to find out who did it, how they did it, and where they did it. The starting amount of each are six people, six weapons, and nine locations. If there are more than six players, then those numbers will be increased. There will be one Game Master (GM). For the first game that will be me.

At the start of the game one random person, weapon, and location will be chosen by the GM and set aside. The remaining people, weapons, and locations (now called cards) will be combined together and be evenly and randomly distributed to all players via a PM. For example, if the three random things are Adolin Kholin, an Awakened Ribbon, and the Pits of Hasthin, the GM would randomize the remaning cards (or all the cards not including those three) and be evenly given to players randomly. An example PM would say: 'You know that the murder was not committed by _____(any People Cards you are randomly assigned), with _____(any Weapon Cards you are randomly assigned), or at ____(any Location Cards you are randomly assigned). During a game, I will ask that only game play posts be posted in thread to make it easier for players to catch up from when they were last on. If you have any questions during the game, feel free to ask the GM in your PM that you have with them.

A randomized list of all the players will be made. The first player on the list will go first, then play will continue down the list in order. On your turn you can do one (and only one) of two things. Suggest Information or Guess the Murder. 

Suggest Information:

Choose 1 Card of each type. One Person, one weapon, and one location and announce it in the thread. For example, you might say: "I think that ___(Person) used a ___(Weapon) at ____(Location)." Then, the next player (the person below you on the list) will say in thread if they have any of those cards. They will only say either, "I have at least one of those cards," or "I don't have any of those cards." If you have any of the cards, don't say in thread which ones they are, just if you have them or not. If you don't have any, then the next person in line responds. This can repeat all the way until the player that suggested the information. If the player does have at least one of the cards, they will tell the GM through their PM which card they want to reveal. The GM will then tell the player who suggested the information which card it is through that players PM. The players turn ends either when nobody has any of the cards suggested, or a card is told to them via the GM.

Guess the Murder:

You are able to figure out how you think the murder happens because those three cards will never show up when information is suggested. If you think that you know all the information of the Murder, then you can guess the murder on your turn. To do this, announce that you are guessing the murder(preferably in bold or in some other way to make it hard to miss). You then say: The murder was committed by ____(Person) with a ____(Weapon) at _____(Location). If all three of these are correct, then the GM will announce it in the thread and you win, ending the game. If any of this information is incorrect, the GM will announce it in the thread, and that player will be out. When a player is out their turns are skipped, meaning that they cannot suggest information or guess the murder and can't win. They still reveal cards during the Suggest Information turn. 

Hoid has been found dead, and you have been hired to find out who is responsible!

Reveal hidden contents

People:

Reveal hidden contents

1) Adolin Kholin

2) Marsh

Weapons:

Reveal hidden contents

1) Awakened Ribbon

2) Hemalurgic Spike

Locations:

Reveal hidden contents

1) Pits of Hathsin

2) Patji

Player List:

Reveal hidden contents

I think I'll close signups at around 5 PST tomorrow, or in just under 24 hours. This is subject to change based on how many people want to play. Also, I need ideas for people, weapons, and locations.

@Nathrangking @Channelknight Fadran @Vapor @MusicalReader @Chasmgoat @Condensation @Truthless of Shinovar @revelryintheart @Danex

I'm kind of offended that I wasn't tagged...
I'd love to play, though!!!

I want to play!

My only suggestion is that when you get out, your cards are just revealed to everyone. Or the GM gets control of those cards for the suggest information part. It’s just that, if I get out on a game, I don’t want to have to keep playing it, ya know. What’s the point, I’m already out. 

Edited by Danex

1 minute ago, Danex said:

I want to play!

My only suggestion is that when you get out, your cards are just revealed to everyone. Or the GM gets control of those cards for the suggest information part. It’s just that, if I get out on a game, I don’t want to have to keep playing it, ya know. What’s the point, I’m already out. 

If you don't want to continue, you can ask the GM to do it for you. I'll add that to the OP.

Also, should we cut out the middle man when revealing the cards? That way we don’t have to wait as long, but instead we can just reveal the card that we want to the person asking?

@ExperienceOh! Oh! Ideas for some people (feel free to use all or none of these)

People:

Kelsier, Vin, Siri, Susebron, Vasher, Shallan, Kaladin, Wayne, Lift, Szeth

Places:

Urithru, Well of Ascension, the Diem

Weapons:

The Stick, Nightblood, Glass Dagger

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

People Ideas:
Kelsier
Dalinar
Harmony
Odium
Kaladin
Shallan
Spook
Lift

Place Ideas:
Elendel
Lord Rulers Palace (what was that called again?)
Bridge 4 barracks
Shattered Plains
Shinovar
The Roughs
The Court of the Gods (or whatever that place was called)
Elantris

Weapon Ideas:
Stick
Shardfork
normal fork
Coin
Wayne’s Hat
Glass Dagger
A kitten
An awakened fork
A soulstamped fork

14 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Also, should we cut out the middle man when revealing the cards? That way we don’t have to wait as long, but instead we can just reveal the card that we want to the person asking?

@ExperienceOh! Oh! Ideas for some people (feel free to use all or none of these)

People:

Kelsier, Vin, Siri, Susebron, Vasher, Shallan, Kaladin, Wayne, Lift, Szeth

Places:

Urithru, Well of Ascension, the Diem

Weapons:

The Stick, Nightblood, Glass Dagger

Ya, I'm going to change the rule in the OP. I'll just remind everyone to re-read the rules before the game starts to make sure they don't miss any changes. 

10 minutes ago, Danex said:

People Ideas:
Kelsier
Dalinar
Harmony
Odium
Kaladin
Shallan
Spook
Lift

Place Ideas:
Elendel
Lord Rulers Palace (what was that called again?)
Bridge 4 barracks
Shattered Plains
Shinovar
The Roughs
The Court of the Gods (or whatever that place was called)
Elantris

Weapon Ideas:
Stick
Shardfork
normal fork
Coin
Wayne’s Hat
Glass Dagger
A kitten
An awakened fork
A soulstamped fork

Thanks for the ideas!

People Ideas:

Silence, sixth of dusk, Marsh, Teft, Vivenna, Vasher, Roaden, Siri, Syl, pattern 

Places:

Forests of Heck, Patji, braize, Eondel basin (Thats how you spell it, right?), pits of Hathsin, ashmounts(?)

Wepons, 

sylspear, Aviar, Essence mark(?), soulcaster, holy crap why am I blanking on weapons, Nightblood  

8 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I’m going to guess Jasnah, in the back alleyway, using the soulcaster!

Ah yes, technically you’re correct! But... but... morally...

Edited by Hentient

1 hour ago, Experience said:

Here are the rules: 

Reveal hidden contents

At the start of the game one random person, weapon, and location will be chosen by the GM and set aside. The remaining people, weapons, and locations (now called cards) will be combined together and be evenly and randomly distributed to all players via a PM. For example, if the three random things are Adolin Kholin, an Awakened Ribbon, and the Pits of Hasthin, the GM would randomize the remaning cards (or all the cards not including those three) and be evenly given to players randomly. An example PM would say: 'You know that the murder was not committed by _____(any People Cards you are randomly assigned), with _____(any Weapon Cards you are randomly assigned), or at ____(any Location Cards you are randomly assigned). During a game, I will ask that only game play posts be posted in thread to make it easier for players to catch up from when they were last on. If you have any questions during the game, feel free to ask the GM in your PM that you have with them.

Suggest Information:

Guess the Murder:

You are able to figure out how you think the murder happens because those three cards will never show up when information is suggested. If you think that you know all the information of the Murder, then you can guess the murder on your turn. To do this, announce that you are guessing the murder(preferably in bold or in some other way to make it hard to miss). You then say: The murder was committed by ____(Person) with a ____(Weapon) at _____(Location). If all three of these are correct, then the GM will announce it in the thread and you win, ending the game. If any of this information is incorrect, the GM will announce it in the thread, and that player will be out. When a player is out their turns are skipped, meaning that they cannot suggest information or guess the murder and can't win. They still reveal cards during the Suggest Information turn. 
If you don't want to continue, you can ask the GM to do it for you.

Hide contents

People:

Reveal hidden contents

1) Adolin Kholin

2) Marsh

3) Vasher

4) Wayne

5) Sixth of the Dusk

6) Odium

7) Raoden

8) Veil

9) Moash

Weapons:

Reveal hidden contents

1) Awakened Ribbon

2) Hemalurgic Spike

3) Aviar

4) Nightblood

5) Soulcaster

6) Shardfork

7) Hat (Most likely Wayne's)

8) Stick

9) Shardblade

Locations:

Reveal hidden contents

1) Pits of Hathsin

2) Patji

3) The Diem

4) Urithru

5) The Court of the Gods

6) The Forests of Heck

7) Braize

8) Elantris

9) Kredik Shaw

10) The Shattered Plains

Player List:

I think I'll close signups at around 5 PST tomorrow, or in just under 24 hours. This is subject to change based on how many people want to play. Also, I need ideas for people, weapons, and locations.

@Nathrangking @Channelknight Fadran @Vapor @MusicalReader @Chasmgoat @Condensation @Truthless of Shinovar @revelryintheart @Danex

I'm in!

Idea: we should all RP it as the character we are assigned. Could be mildly fun.

Or you don’t have to, but bonus internet points if you do. 

Wait, I just checked the rules and we don’t actually get assigned characters. I guess that makes sense, you only do that in the actual game so you know what your game piece is. So I also propose that you get assigned a character to RP, but just because you were assigned it doesn’t mean you know whether that character is inno or not, just like the real game.