17th Shard Event Idea: Kahoot Trivia

Zelly

Quick run down on Kahoot if you're not familiar with it:

It's a basically a multiple choice, live quiz game often used in schools. One person creates the questions before hand, then starts a game. Players are told a code to access the game and play along. They are playing in on a separate screen showing their answer choices. Points are given to correct answers and by speed.

The Idea:  Let's make a livestreamed cosmere trivia Kahoot game!

I just did one these about Halloween movie trivia and it was a lot of fun. They were also giving away prizes to the winners (players had to enter their email before joining).

I think they're be a lot of interest in this, if anyone is interested in making/hosting it? (I'm eyeing the Shardcast crew, as you all are well known members of the community. And you guys would love extra things to do, right? Sure!)

Could always ask the community to submit questions also, so there's a nice range of easy to hard.

The Awkward:

There's a limit on players (I believe only 10, unless you have an paid upgraded account).  Not sure how this could be worked around.  Maybe draw 10 from a lottery of potential players, plus a few backups in case there are some no shows?

Those not actively playing can still "play along" like the audience in the chat section of the livestream, shouting out what they think is the correct answer.

Anyways just wanted to pass this along.  Not sure if it's remotely feasible, but there is it.  If nothing else, small groups of friends could make and play their own games. 

Edited by Zelly

23 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

I thought the limit was 2000 people.

For a $60/monthly paid account, yes.  I mean if someone has a paid account and wants to use it, that's awesome and solves that problem.

Or if I missed something, but as far as I can tell it's free = 10 players.

Edited by Zelly

On 10/14/2020 at 9:11 PM, Zelly said:

For a $60/monthly paid account, yes.  I mean if someone has a paid account and wants to use it, that's awesome and solves that problem.

Or if I missed something, but as far as I can tell it's free = 10 players.

It's actually 20, according to the Help website.