Long Game 71: A Cosmere Odyssey

Straw

Just getting around to finally reading through and commenting further on this aftermath. Please forgive me. :)

On 11/15/2020 at 9:03 AM, Straw said:

I think that it's also important to note here that the Feruchemists were specifically both Hemalurgists. Doing this accomplished several things:

• They could influence votes away from their fellow Hemalurgists.

Ahh yes, I think this was a good idea. I guess this makes for a reason to use the Hema doc. Though I avoided saying much in the doc because I felt that it was too risky and really helped the Elims more. Though if I had known ahead of time that there were definitely Villager Feru Hemas, I might have seen a reason to use the doc.

I think that Elantrians should at least be unable to target the same player twice in a row.

Yeah, I could see how this would be a good change. Either that or a limited number of charges. I was actually surprised that they had unlimited use.

I think it might be interesting to give them every role ability (limit of one per cycle), which would give them a fair amount of power.

It'd also be interesting to maybe give them a one use elim-kill (they can submit an elim kill and it overrides whatever the rest of the elims put in), but I personally doubt that the HI would use it.

Perhaps give them 1 charge of every ability, including 1-charge kill like Mistborns. And they can only use 1 per cycle.

On 11/15/2020 at 10:45 AM, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Also given from what was said about Illwei, yeah you guys don't know pm safety at all and that's delightfully fun for players like me. you guys should be grateful the phishers were indeed not evil :P Its a shame I wasn't in game to play with Illwei- I think I would've had a lot of fun with the pm scheming

Yeah, this was something I've debated with myself. I just think it can be such an advantage for town to get some trusted communication going between good players. So a bit of a risk seems worth it. Though I was careful to only choose to reveal things to people I absolutely felt safe about. Though I took a bit of a leap of faith on Gears at the beginning based solely on good vibes. Unfortunately he got killed off right away. :(

On 11/15/2020 at 10:45 AM, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Whysper in particular I was very impressed with as well. I hope you had fun

Awww thanks for that. :) Yes, I certainly had fun and definitely plan to continue playing here. :)

On 11/15/2020 at 11:19 AM, Araris Valerian said:

I’m curious, you seemed to be playing very conservatively this game, and I was wondering why. A lot of the posts you made were agreeing with things already said, and I don’t think you really pushed for a lynch that wasn’t already backed by other people. But I got the impression that you also very much knew what you were doing.

Ahh unfortunately that's kind of my personality. I've played a few games (10 across multiple sites since August this year), so yes, I know the basics of what to do. However, I'm still hesitant to push for a lynch because I often don't feel confident in my reads yet. This is definitely something I need to work on. :)

On 11/15/2020 at 11:26 AM, Illwei said:

Wait, did you not see the PM from me where I said I thought Araris was the last Hema? ;-;. I was so hoping. 

Hmm, no, just one where he was among 3 or 4 that you thought might be the last. But even so, I don't know that would have helped me much since I was reading him as Villager. And I wasn't entirely certain that it was definitely the case that one of the Hemas had to be Elim. Plus I would have suspected Condensation more as the one Elim Hema over Araris.

I just found this in an old draft PM. It's a kind of neat alternative role PM for the HI:

Spoiler

Before

Spoiler

---
SYSTEM INFORMATION
---
Name [RP NAME HERE]
Identification Navigation Intelligence | v14.5.5 | #04193
Faction Traitor
Objective Ensure that the Traitors are victorious
---
SUBSYSTEMS
---
Defensive Shields You are unable to be harmed by any means.
Hologram Projection At first glance, you will appear as a normal human.
Messaging You are capable of both sending and receiving private messages.
Protective Barricades Your actions cannot be roleblocked.
Spy Drones Each night, you may discover the role of one crewmember.

After

Spoiler

---
SYSTEM INFORMATION
---
Name [RP NAME HERE]
Identification Custom Intelligence | v1.0.0 | #00000
Faction Traitor
Objective Ensure that the Traitors are victorious.
---
SUBSYSTEMS
---
Anti-personnel Weapons You can use the Traitor kill ability.
Encrypted Communication Channel You have a method of communicating with the Traitors.
Hologram Projection At first glance, you will appear as a normal human.
Messaging You are capable of both sending and receiving private messages.
Protective Barricades Your actions cannot be roleblocked.
Spy Drones Each night, you may discover the role of one crewmember.

Another thread that's overdue for locking down. Congratulations once again to the elim team, Araris Valerian, Ashbringer, Flyingbooks42, Lord_Silberfarben, Mist, and The Windrunner Supreme, only one of whom died through the course of the game. Thanks to Straw for running it, and Matrim for coGMing. This ruleset would be worth another rerun, especially with the notes Straw put together. 

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, or myself, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Haelbarde, and Young Bard) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: