Long Game 71: A Cosmere Odyssey

Straw

2 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Ahh, well too many people joining iny, sign me up too. 

Edit: Forgot I had a question. Is the Hemalurgist doc accessible by elim Hemalurgists and HI as well? 

The elim Hemalurgists can access it, but the HI cannot.

9 hours ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

I'd like to join. It's late at night, so I'll think of a name and character tomorrow or the day after.

Welcome to the Shard and Sanderson Elimination! If you have any questions, we're happy to help and happy to have you! 

5 minutes ago, Whysper said:

So is there any limit to the number of players? Or unlimited and the elim count will be a percentage of the players signing up?

Also, will we know the number of Hemalurgists?

I don't believe there's ever a limit to the number of players. The elim count is a percentage of the players. 

I don't believe we know the number of any roles. @Straw?

3 minutes ago, Experience said:

I don't believe there's ever a limit to the number of players. The elim count is a percentage of the players. 

Ahhh good to know. I like that better. Usually I've seen where there are a set number of slots and the game starts when they get filled. I like that you accommodate as many as want to join and also have a fixed schedule.

Just now, Whysper said:

Ahhh good to know. I like that better. Usually I've seen where there are a set number of slots and the game starts when they get filled. I like that you accommodate as many as want to join and also have a fixed schedule.

Ya, normally the numbers around 16 or so, but there's a lot of newer players recently. 

19 minutes ago, Experience said:

Ya, normally the numbers around 16 or so, but there's a lot of newer players recently. 

My first game had 31, I believe :P That was a good time. It was a MR, too...

Im hoping ill get to play in a game with many peoples :((( the largest ive been in was my first game and i think there were...20 or so. Im pretty sure i remember a 4 person elim team. Devotary, striker, .... araris...i think...i could go back and look...

Nah. 20.or so ppl. I feel like i joined just when a whole bunch of people stopped playing

9 hours ago, Whysper said:

So is there any limit to the number of players? Or unlimited and the elim count will be a percentage of the players signing up?

Also, will we know the number of Hemalurgists?

I'd definitely cap it at 30 players, since more than that would be kind of annoying to run. I'll probably cap it at 25 if we get there, since I'd prefer more pinch hitters over more players at that point. The elim team size won't necessarily be a set percentage of players. I'll just create a distribution based on whatever the numbers end up being.

Only the Hemalurgists know the number of Hemalurgists.

9 hours ago, Experience said:

I don't believe we know the number of any roles. @Straw?

Yeah, there's usually not a limit on the number of players. You only know that there will be one Hemalurgic Intelligence. Everything else is up to distribution.

8 hours ago, Illwei said:

Im hoping ill get to play in a game with many peoples :((( the largest ive been in was my first game and i think there were...20 or so. Im pretty sure i remember a 4 person elim team. Devotary, striker, .... araris...i think...i could go back and look...

Nah. 20.or so ppl. I feel like i joined just when a whole bunch of people stopped playing

Game size has dropped a bit over time. Older games had an average of 26/23/19 for LG/MR/QF player numbers, whereas newer games have had an average of 20/18/18. There'll probably be a lot of players for the AG though, and that's just a few months away.

5 hours ago, Whysper said:

This game will be starting later this week, right? I'm still excited. :)

Yep, signups end on the 22nd, which is Thursday. After that the PM's will be distributed and the fun will begin!

35 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Hey hi hello, I'd like to sign myself up for kandra duty! Aka pinch hitting :P this game is a rerun of an SE moment I'm most proud of so I can't ignore it entirely. I'd fully play it but with two big assignments due in the middle of it I probably shouuuldnt :P

Ha same. I hope no one drops out... but I also hope you get the chance to join.

You had me at LG15a/b reboot. Count me in! Signing up as Kon the Bard. I'm going to try doing some roleplaying, but no promises. I've got a lot of fond memories from the first two runs, so I'm eager to make some more, and I'm trying to show my fiance how to play too so maybe she can join us in the future.

Very hyped for a game. It's been a while.