Long Game 71: A Cosmere Odyssey

Straw

Just now, Shard of Reading said:

@Straw how does the Hemalurgic intelligence work? Are they a village role with immunity to the elim kill and access to the elim doc? Or are they a serial killer role. I feel like you didn't explain it well enough for me.

I know they are considered part of the elim team (their role is highlighted in red) but I think Straw should explain this more as I've only skimmed the rules/past runs of this game.

5 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Let's storming goooooo!!!! This looks like so much fun!!

Signing up as Reading, the ships librarian.

@Gears you're an AI, right? You need to be a radiant.

@Straw how does the Hemalurgic intelligence work? Are they a village role with immunity to the elim kill and access to the elim doc? Or are they a serial killer role. I feel like you didn't explain it well enough for me.

They're part of the elim team. At first, they cannot be targeted by any kills, including the lynch. When all of the village Hemalurgists have died, the HI can now be targeted by kills, and they now have access to the elim doc.

The HI also doesn't count with regards to win cons.

2 minutes ago, Mist said:

They're part of the elim team. At first, they cannot be targeted by any kills, including the lynch. When all of the village Hemalurgists have died, the HI can now be targeted by kills, and they now have access to the elim doc.

The HI also doesn't count with regards to win cons.

Ahhh... so there is a difference between the HI and normal hemalurgists.

Edit: Do the elims know who the HI is? And Vice versa?

Edited by Shard of Reading

Just now, Shard of Reading said:

Ahhh... so there is a difference between the HI and normal hemalurgists.

Yes. The HI was the ship last game. It's an object that's become sentient. The Hemalurgists keep it under control. 

1 hour ago, Shard of Reading said:

Edit: Do the elims know who the HI is? And Vice versa?

Nope. The HI is only made known to the elims once all the village hemalurgists die.

Previously, the Hemalurgic Intelligence was village until all the village hemalurgists died. Then they changed sides and became an elim. Now it's a little more clear because they are always an eliminator, but the eliminators do not know who they are and they do not know the elims until the village hemalurgists die. I love the addition of the doc and I am interested in the interaction that hemalurgists can have other roles.

I seem to remember that the old HI couldn't vote... or something like that. It doesn't look like that's the case here.

They are still a nerfed seer, but they don't have to pretend to be village this time. I shouldn't make recommendations yet, because I don't know what team I'm on, but if I was an HI, I would actively search for the identities of hemalurgists so I could get to the endgame. (I may be hoping to be an elim again and maybe do a better job than I did last time.)

EDIT

Just needed the part of the quote that I was answering.

Edited by Elkanah

20 hours ago, Hentient said:

I’d like to play, but I’ve never played before and I don’t want to ruin it for people so could I spectate? I’m not sure if I have to sign up for that but I saw the spectator list so I thought I’d ask.

You should play! It wouldn't ruin it.

Also, I'd like to join. No RP character for now.

Okay wait, so any role can be either faction? Like you can have a loyal crewmate Hemalurgist or a traitor Hemalurgist?

What about Hemalurgic Intelligence, that one still confuses me. Are there more than one? Are they in either faction?

Can there be duplicates of every role, or can some only have one person have it? Will some roles not be used at all if we don’t have enough? 

3 minutes ago, Danex said:

Okay wait, so any role can be either faction? Like you can have a loyal crewmate Hemalurgist or a traitor Hemalurgist?

What about Hemalurgic Intelligence, that one still confuses me. Are there more than one? Are they in either faction?

Can there be duplicates of every role, or can some only have one person have it? Will some roles not be used at all if we don’t have enough? 

All the roles are in black excpet the HI, and I would guess this means that either faction can have any role but the HI is part of the Traitor faction. @Straw?

There might be duplicates, the players don't know though. Same with that question.