Mid-Range Game 45: A Trapper's Tale

Experience

2 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

I figure it was better to overestimate than underestimate. So, we have to kill 4 elims at most.

This feels like an elim move to me, but only because it sounds like what i did last LG, even though the details are different.

Just now, Illwei said:

This feels like an elim move to me, but only because it sounds like what i did last LG, even though the details are different.

We win when we kill all of the elims, but I think it would be a good idea to know how many there are. I didn't remember the average percentage and I knew people here would correct me, so I just overestimated because if we underestimated than we would end up killing too few people and I don't mind a little fictional blood on my hands if it means we win.

39 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

We win when we kill all of the elims, but I think it would be a good idea to know how many there are. I didn't remember the average percentage and I knew people here would correct me, so I just overestimated because if we underestimated than we would end up killing too few people and I don't mind a little fictional blood on my hands if it means we win.

Journey before destination!

In the early game, we do still need to be somewhat careful, but less so than later game. I think @Gears brought up some good points somewhere in that monster of an italicized post. Actually It was the second one. It's a bit smaller. 

Edited by Ghanderflaffle

3 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

In the early game, we do still need to be somewhat careful, but less so than later game. I think @Gears brought up some good points somewhere in that monster of an italicized post.

I'm not saying lynch like a maniac but that is kind of what I am saying. Just don't be an absolute psycho-path.

10 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Something tells me this is a late rollover for everyone...

Haha it definitely was for me! 

4 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Wee!!! Let's kill some traitors!

So, disclaimer. I haven't played a game all summer and I am probably rusty. That being said, as I remember the number of elims is typically 25% which means we need to kill 4 traitors, but I'm going to say 5 to play it safe. (If I got the amount of typical elims wrong I'm sorry)

Also @Gears that last paragraph was sort of dark.

I think four is correct.

3 hours ago, Straw said:

I'm guessing four here since five would be over 30%.

So far, we have fairly NAI posts. Gears' post just seems to be RP rather than rule analysis.

Looking at the death chances, I think that people with Aviars other than the Spy probably should pass on using their abilities. Healer might be useful, but depends on the number of players and the experience level of the user. Aviar Spy and Aviar Trapper don't seem useful enough to justify the risk of death. If the spy announces results, I think we should probably kill anyone who shows up as elim, even with the risk of a false positive. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I agree. If the odds of a false positive are one in seven, we're likely only to miss once over the course of the whole game. I say we lynch anyone who shows up as a traitor. 

19 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I'm not saying lynch like a maniac but that is kind of what I am saying. Just don't be an absolute psycho-path.

I am. but more like "lynch like a reasoned maniac." 

I'm sorry I'm not more helpful. I am caught up in the LG and need to reread the rules for this game to be more help. I'll do that and post again in a bit.

1 hour ago, Shard of Reading said:

Yeah, I know, but 5 is exceedingly high and if it turns out to be 5 (more powerful Aviars/spy on the vil side) idk. Just ignore that but it was just a note. I have decided that using a spreadsheet is too much work for the worth when i keep getting killed off early game :P.

Edited by Illwei

Just now, turtle said:

Well yeah, I'd say to Lynch anyone who shows up as a traitor because it has a better chance of being true than wrong and there are more Trappers then traitors. Also, did gears just claim to be a traitor? 

Gears has claimed elim for the past few games, so I wouldn't think much of it. It doesn't mean he's village, though- just NAI, or Non-Alignment Indicative. It doesn't prove anything about what he is, good or bad.

3 minutes ago, turtle said:

Ok. And for those last few games was he elim? Also, I fully agree with all of gears's post, the part that analyzed the rules, that is.

He was village in all of them, actually. But I doubt he'd stop the one round he is an elim...

11 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Gears has claimed elim for the past few games, so I wouldn't think much of it. It doesn't mean he's village, though- just NAI, or Non-Alignment Indicative. It doesn't prove anything about what he is, good or bad.

Gears definitely plays weird.

@turtle do you have any questions?

Just now, Shard of Reading said:

Aint spell check awesome?

Use the PM Experince sent to you and then tell him who you want to use your action and who you want to use it on.

oh gosh just noticed that. I would love my fish egg to do something! Thanks though.

19 minutes ago, turtle said:

uhhh if I want my caviar to do something how would I do that?

I'm reading this as village because I would think that otherwise questions would be asked in the Elim doc. unless both Reading and Turtle are Elims.