Mid-Range Game 45: A Trapper's Tale

Experience

Ok, time for my thoughts.

First off, I would like to thank @Devotary of Spontaneity for helping me out with distribution instead of playing. 

Also, I would like to thank everyone for playing, and I had a really, really fun time GM-ing this. I now have a lot more respect for GM's and all the work they go through to make these games so fun. 

Now, onto game thoughts: 

So, I think that the roles worked out fine. The main thing is that there weren't very many actions taken throughout the game at all. This is partly due to distribution, but I also think that Experience caused people to not use their actions which just helped the elims out more. So if this were re-run, I would either give more people roles, or change it so that the Experience for everyone is lower so they use actions more.

Again, thank you everyone for playing, and I look forward to GM-ing more games in the future!

9 hours ago, Experience said:

Ok, time for my thoughts.

First off, I would like to thank @Devotary of Spontaneity for helping me out with distribution instead of playing. 

Also, I would like to thank everyone for playing, and I had a really, really fun time GM-ing this. I now have a lot more respect for GM's and all the work they go through to make these games so fun. 

Now, onto game thoughts: 

So, I think that the roles worked out fine. The main thing is that there weren't very many actions taken throughout the game at all. This is partly due to distribution, but I also think that Experience caused people to not use their actions which just helped the elims out more. So if this were re-run, I would either give more people roles, or change it so that the Experience for everyone is lower so they use actions more.

Again, thank you everyone for playing, and I look forward to GM-ing more games in the future!

I forgot that Experience was a mechanic and I got really confused as to why you started referring to yourself in the third person part way through. :P

Congratulations for another elim win, to the Traitorous Trappers for reforming Patji. It's always wonderful seeing games on the smaller worlds, especially one with a unique ruleset.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, or myself, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Haelbarde, and Young Bard) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: