RoW Chapter 15 Discussion

Jofwu

Wait so logicspren are basically analogues to semiconductors  right ? 

I think that's what the epithet is implying. 

Yo yo. The clothing , they were just laundered. And he's ripping them apart. Wow . That galls me for some reason

Woah , omg , so they are copies. Perfect copies. Not the initial souls. 

Huh like Whole Brain Emulations , theoretical copies of brains run on computers which have the same exact personalities and memories as the human being emulated  , which can hypothetically let humans achieve immortality and super intelligence and a few other things. 

Woah . He's using real world sci fi and science analogues for Magic. 

My respect for Sanderson as an author has increased so much. 

So Zahel seems to be a living case of the ' Ship of Theseus ' paradox .

I would say that a being is a pattern of information set in neurons in real life or in Investiture in the cosmere , so Zahel is really the real Vasher . 

I mean if u make a perfect copy it's no longer a copy but rather another original. 

Also I know I'm no one compared to most everyone,  let alone Brandon Sanderson himself. 

But I can't help feeling proud that he actually used a real swear word. 

*Wipes tear of joy

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

6 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

I think that's what the epithet is implying. 

It appears so...

Also: “Find something strong to drink,” Zahel said. “It can be better than Stormlight. Both will get you killed, but at least alcohol does it slowly.”

Maybe Zahel becomes the new wit. :lol:

So, Awakening has more than 4 types? Or maybe the types have simply been changed? Type 1 is a Returned, but Zahel seems to believe that type 1 are Spren instead. Type 2 is lifeless, and Zahel has branded that as all beings that are “back from the dead.” looks like lifeless are in the same category as Retuned now.

logicspren seem to work as warning or informing lights lights, based on certain stimuli. Huh. 

Edited by Innovation

Just now, Innovation said:

So, Awakening has more than 4 types? Or maybe the types have simply been changed? Type 1 is a Returned, but Zahel seems to believe that type 1 is Spren instead. Type 2 is lifeless, and Zahel has branded that as all beings that are “back from the dead.”

If has five types I guess.  Zahel didn't know what spren were when he made that system.  Type one is actually a better description of spren then returned.  I personally think he should have just called spen zeroth type entities.

1 minute ago, Karger said:

If has five types I guess.  Zahel didn't know what spren were when he made that system.  Type one is actually a better description of spren then returned.  I personally think he should have just called spen zeroth type entities.

So lifeless are type 3, organic nonliving Awakened objects are type four, and so on?

4 minutes ago, Innovation said:

So lifeless are type 3, organic nonliving Awakened objects are type four, and so on?

I guess.

When did Zahel! learn about Endowment though?  He did not know her in Warbreaker.

19 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

I guess. 

Edited by Karger

“No,” Zahel said. “I don’t think there’s anyone else quite like Hoid. I knew him by the name Dust when I was younger. I think he must have a thousand different names among a thousand different peoples.” Dont we know it. Kal you have no idea with whom you speak!!

7 minutes ago, Karger said:

I guess.

I suppose that makes sense. 

7 minutes ago, Karger said:

When did Zahel! learn about Endowment though?  He did not know her in Warbreaker

Zahel probably picked it up on his travels through Shadesmar. The people in the caravan with him probably informed him He might have known before Warbreaker, and simply decided not to inform Vivenna at that time. He was a Worldhopper after all, and probably knew about some Shards, at least.  

6 minutes ago, Experience said:

Another Hoid name!

I think we heard that one in Words of Radiance

Edited by Innovation

Zahel probably picked it up on his travels through Shadesmar. The people in the caravan with him probably informed him 

He traveled through Shadesmar before though with the rest of the five scholars.

I suppose that makes sense. 

Zahel probably picked it up on his travels through Shadesmar. The people in the caravan with him probably informed him 

I think we heard that one in Words of Radiance

Ya, It looks like it was mentioned once. 

So, new information on how the Heralds and the oathpact works. I guess they do truly die, and then their investiture or intent does something to bring them back?

29 minutes ago, Jofwu said:

Here's a discussion thread on RoW Chapter 15 You can read it here: https://www.tor.com/2020/10/13/read-rhythm-of-war-by-brandon-sanderson-chapter-fifteen/

A new chapter will go live every Tuesday at 9am Eastern.

Uh, the link took me to Ch 14 instead of 15

Oh well, I'll go use the Tor site directly, I bookmarked it, I'm sure

Edit: Here's the link to the chappy in case this happens to someone else too

https://www.tor.com/2020/10/13/read-rhythm-of-war-by-brandon-sanderson-chapter-fifteen/

Edited by Honorless

Just now, Experience said:

So, new information on how the Heralds and the oathpact works. I guess they do truly die, and then their investiture or intent does something to bring them back?

No, they died once like 6,000 years ago and became Cognitive Shadows. Now when they die, the Oathpact intercepts the Cognitive Shadow before it disappears and keeps them "alive"

Edited by Inky

"A long time. A mind-numbingly long time. The place I come from, it didn’t have any of these. It’s too new. Your world might have some hidden deep, but I doubt it. That stone you hold is old. Older than Wit, or your Heralds, or the gods themselves."

Is Nalthis a created planet like Scadrial? If so did Endowment create it or did someone else?