Crystellation: Autonomy for the People

Condensation

12 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Marissa got up and left the tavern. She covertly ate a few crystals- the ones she already ate were about to run out. Her face curled at the sweet taste.

Bandar smiled, then stood up and followed closely behind all while subtly watching those who surrounded them.

Edited by TheWard'sGuard

2 minutes ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

Borodin smiled, then stood up and followed closely behind all while subtly watching those who surrounded them.

She strolled into the local hostel, pushing Borodin in and glancing around to see if anyone followed them. She found her room and knocked four times. Elene opened the door. "Hey. Nice to have you back. How-" she stopped as she saw Borodin. "I see you brought a friend." Red shushed her and pushed Borodin inside, still on edge. Once inside, she calmed down. "Guys, say hello to our new member, Borodin,"

7 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

She strolled into the local hostel, pushing Borodin in and glancing around to see if anyone followed them. She found her room and knocked four times. Elene opened the door. "Hey. Nice to have you back. How-" she stopped as she saw Borodin. "I see you brought a friend." Red shushed her and pushed Borodin inside, still on edge. Once inside, she calmed down. "Guys, say hello to our new member, Borodin,"

Bandar looked around the room, he then adopted a large and welcoming smile, despite his large and intimidating figure.

"Pleasure to meet you all."

Error on my part, I meant Bandar.

Edited by TheWard'sGuard

2 minutes ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

Bandar looked around the room, he then adopted a large and welcoming smile, despite his large and intimidating figure.

"Pleasure to meet you all."

"Pleasure," Elene said with a smile, pushing her brown hair back.

Jack just grunted, reading something. Red snatched the book out of his hands and saw it was a supply list of what they had and needed. "Thought I told you to take a break." Jack scoffed.

"If I took a break, we'd get nothing done," he retorted.

Red frowned but gave the book back. "So, Borodin here is a mercenary that I've decided to hire. Remember to put him on the pay roll." She turned back to Borodin and nodded toward Elene. "She is Elene. The grumpy one is Jack. You have questions, ask him. Anything else, talk to her."

1 minute ago, Aspiring Writer said:

"Pleasure," Elene said with a smile, pushing her brown hair back.

Jack just grunted, reading something. Red snatched the book out of his hands and saw it was a supply list of what they had and needed. "Thought I told you to take a break." Jack scoffed.

"If I took a break, we'd get nothing done," he retorted.

Red frowned but gave the book back. "So, Borodin here is a mercenary that I've decided to hire. Remember to put him on the pay roll." She turned back to Borodin and nodded toward Elene. "She is Elene. The grumpy one is Jack. You have questions, ask him. Anything else, talk to her."

Bandar nodded to Red, then winked at Elene.

"Always an adventure with you crystal merchant folk. I can't wait to see where you guys take me. 

Just now, TheWard'sGuard said:

Bandar's smile grew larger.

"I bring on my own equipment most of the time, but I'm more than happy to see what you have."

"We don't have anything, but we can set you up with whatever you need."

'Within reason!" Jack yelled. "We have a budget, though some seem to forget that." He glared at Red.

"He is supposed to be our bodyguard. A budget won't mean much if we're dead." She turned back to Borodin. "You said you had your own equipment?"

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

"We don't have anything, but we can set you up with whatever you need."

'Within reason!" Jack yelled. "We have a budget, though some seem to forget that." He glared at Red.

"He is supposed to be our bodyguard. A budget won't mean much if we're dead." She turned back to Borodin. "You said you had your own equipment?"

"Yep, I can pick it up in a second. That's not accounting for what I got on me right now. What would a bodyguard be if he weren't armed?"

"Yep, I can pick it up in a second. That's not accounting for what I got on me right now. What would a bodyguard be if he weren't armed?"

Elene laughed. "I like him. He's not as dull as you two."

Red smiled. "So what do you have on you right now?" she asked, checking her pockets.

Elene laughed. "I like him. He's not as dull as you two."

Red smiled. "So what do you have on you right now?" she asked, checking her pockets.

Bandar looked to his side.

"Well, I think that the scimitar is a bit obvious, but other than that, there are several knives on me that are supposed to be hidden."

8 minutes ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

Bandar looked to his side.

"Well, I think that the scimitar is a bit obvious, but other than that, there are several knives on me that are supposed to be hidden."

Red shrugged. "You'd be surprised. Could have been ceremonial or an heirloom." Red took out a bag of orange crystals and threw it to him. "Here. Use those for now."

Jack raised an eyebrow but said nothing. 

Red shrugged. "You'd be surprised. Could have been ceremonial or an heirloom." Red took out a bag of orange crystals and threw it to him. "Here. Use those for now."

Jack raised an eyebrow but said nothing. 

Bandar deftly caught the crystals. He chuckled.

"Just so that you know boss, I don't like to use things for show. Of course, there are some exceptions. I'm very curious, what do you do Elene?"

1 minute ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

Bandar deftly caught the crystals. He chuckled.

"Just so that you know boss, I don't like to use things for show. Of course, there are some exceptions. I'm very curious, what do you do Elene?"

Elene was about to speak, but Red shushed her. "That's for her to know. Same goes for the rest of us. And if I were you, I'd try and keep yours on the down-low as well."

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

Elene was about to speak, but Red shushed her. "That's for her to know. Same goes for the rest of us. And if I were you, I'd try and keep yours on the down-low as well."

Bandar rolled his eyes.

"Oh I see, don't mind me boss, I'm just tryin to do my job. Which, of course, would be easier if I knew the abilities of the guys who are paying me to keep them not dead. But you are, after all, the boss, and you, of course, know best."

Bandar rolled his eyes.

"Oh I see, don't mind me boss, I'm just tryin to do my job. Which, of course, would be easier if I knew the abilities of the guys who are paying me to keep them not dead. But you are, after all, the boss, and you, of course, know best."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Oh, don't get so butthurt. You've been here for less than a day. For all we know, you could be a spy or someone sent to kill us in our sleep. Be patient. We'll let you in eventually."

Red considered. "She's a telepath."

Jack started. "Red! What the-"

She raised a hand and she stopped. "We will keep ours secret, but it will be useful if we can communicate telepathically with him." She turned to Borodin. "That okay?"

15 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Jack rolled his eyes. "Oh, don't get so butthurt. You've been here for less than a day. For all we know, you could be a spy or someone sent to kill us in our sleep. Be patient. We'll let you in eventually."

Red considered. "She's a telepath."

Jack started. "Red! What the-"

She raised a hand and she stopped. "We will keep ours secret, but it will be useful if we can communicate telepathically with him." She turned to Borodin. "That okay?"

Bandar nodded.

"Nice to know how many squishies there are in a group. You have anything I should know about you, Jack, or should I be babysitting you constantly?"