The Fellowship of the Thing-Other Stories

Negative_Null

Okay, I'm home. Andante. Except faster. I'm hilarious, I know.

Spoiler

Name: Andante

Eyes: medium brown with long lashes

Hair: wavy, dark brown

Skin/Physique: light brown skin, average for a ballerina(longer legs)

Height: 5’8”

Clothes: tight dark green t-shirt, black skinny jeans, green and black tennis shoes. Right pocket in jeans is larger than the left pocket.

Powers(broader than Investiture): Carries the Emerald Atlas, which has bonded to her. The Emerald Atlas, while she is holding it, will (at first with a picture placed between the pages and then when she imagines it, that's the progression in the book) take her to a person, place, thing, or time(usually more than one). When it is taken to a different time than it belongs to, it will disappear into its correct time in two hours unless held by the one who is bonded to it(Andante). No one who is not bonded with the book can use it, and you can't bond again with it unless the previous owner is dead.

Skills: No fighting training, but she’s a ballerina and is naturally graceful. She has long legs, so she can run quickly, and she has good endurance because of her dancing.

Equipment: small silver camera kept in her left pocket, hand-size weathered dark green book with blank pages

Weakness: Does she really need one? As mentioned previously, if she takes the book elsewhere and lets go of it, it will disappear in 2 hours and she’ll have to find it in her current time period.(Later in the books, Kate can access it with the help of someone with lots of magic so she can use the power without the book, this might happen)

Family: Father who isn’t at home most of the time

Home Planet: Earth

Backstory: She’s an only child, her mom and dad got divorced and neither of them really care about her. She became a ballerina when she was young because her mom wanted her to, but neither of her parents ever came to any of her performances. She found the Emerald Atlas one day and bonded to it by accident, and she’s become somewhat familiar with its powers. Now she sleeps with it on her nightstand.

Personality: Confident, but not cold. She’s compassionate and empathetic, but often feels out of place. When she is at her worst, she dances. It makes her feel confident again, and she loves to dance.

Fighting Style: None(duh).

Okay, she'll drop in in a bit.

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Ayia." She held out her hand. "And now problem; I always keep extras on me. You haven't eaten since yesterday? What've you been running from?"

Chrysler felt a buzz from one of her pockets and realized she had a text. She couldn't very well put out her smart phone here, though. She turned away from the other two and pulled it out to read it.

This time, a god had spoken back.

@Condensation

Just now, Negative_Null said:

Chrysler felt a buzz from one of her pockets and realized she had a text. She couldn't very well put out her smart phone here, though. She turned away from the other two and pulled it out to read it.

This time, a god had spoken back.

@Condensation

A freaking iPhone. *Laughing*

"What's that?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

A freaking iPhone. *Laughing*

Chrysler is a character I've been wanting to use for a while :) . She's an urban fantasy mage.

"Just a little magical something"

For some reason, magic almost always went over better than it being modern technology.

A teen with tan skin, long wavy brown bed-head hair, and brown eyes wearing a tight dark green t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and green and black tennis shoes fell from about two feet above the ground, appearing out of nowhere. She held a weathered old green book and a look of surprise. She looked around and sat up, taking in the black-blood-stained grass, then she passed out on the grass.

9 minutes ago, Condensation said:

A teen with tan skin, long wavy brown bed-head hair, and brown eyes wearing a tight dark green t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and green and black tennis shoes fell from about two feet above the ground, appearing out of nowhere. She held a weathered old green book and a look of surprise. She looked around and sat up, taking in the black-blood-stained grass, then she passed out on the grass.

Ayia blinks. "Um?"

2 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Chrysler looks over at Ashley and Ayia. "Well, looks like we found ourselves another one."

She gently shakes Andante's shoulder.

"Do we need to feed her? Because I was exaggerating when I said I always carried extra food."

Just now, Condensation said:

Andante stirs and slowly opens her eyes. "Wh-what happened?"

"You tell me, kid. Where'd you come from?"

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

46 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Do we need to feed her? Because I was exaggerating when I said I always carried extra food."

"You tell me, kid. Where'd you come from?"

It's okay, Fadran's characters just like calling my characters kid.

Andante looked around again and stifled her gag reflex at the smell. "Obviously not here. This is... this is Earth, right?"