The Fellowship of the Thing-Other Stories

Negative_Null

Ok, we need a new one of these, I guess. This specific thread is going to be a middle of the road between the two story threads that already exist. So this is for characters who have some worldhopping abilities but aren't going to participate in the "Elder-God-Death-Cult-Universe-destroying-level-power" main thread. It still is canon to the Macrosmos though, so we're going to have some fun with that.

@Condensation

Chrysler Madison pulled her sword out of the beast's neck and wiped it's black blood onto the grass. She wasn't sure where all these things had come from, but she'd been seeing these demons all over the multiverse in the past few days. Obviously something had happened to unleash them, but it was impossible to say what just yet. 

She finished cleaning off the sword, knelt, and offered a prayer to her god in thanks for another battle won. She'd have to go talk to him in person sooner rather than later though.

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

@Condensation

Chrysler Madison pulled her sword out of the beast's neck and wiped it's black blood onto the grass. She wasn't sure where all these things had come from, but she'd been seeing these demons all over the multiverse in the past few days. Obviously something had happened to unleash them, but it was impossible to say what just yet. 

She finished cleaning off the sword, knelt, and offered a prayer to her god in thanks for another battle won. She'd have to go talk to him in person sooner rather than later though.

Ayia dropped down beside Chrysler. "Hello. How're you doing?"

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Just a warrior. Like you. You're having trouble with all these demon beast things too?"

"Just like me, huh? Yeah, you could say I've been having some trouble. Not that they're the worst things on the face of..."

Gods above, why can't I remember where I went before this thing jumped out at me? I think it starts with a L? A Z?

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"On the face of where?"

Oh good I can still recover. 

"Oh nothing, I just had a brain fart and couldn't remember the name of the planet we live on. Crazy, am I right?" Chrysler turns away from the girl to put her sword away and some of her spellcasting implements in her bag, as well as hide the red blush that always covers her face when she lies.

Just now, Negative_Null said:

Oh good I can still recover. 

"Oh nothing, I just had a brain fart and couldn't remember the name of the planet we live on. Crazy, am I right?" Chrysler turns away from the girl to put her sword away and some of her spellcasting implements in her bag, as well as hide the red blush that always covers her face when she lies.

"Fair enough. What've you been up to lately?"

Ashley Larue took a few steps and collapsed against a rock, breathing heavily. 
"Blitka," she muttered. "Of course. Of course."
She'd been running for the past day, fleeing the... thing that had consumed her lab. She hadn't seen any signs that it was chasing her, so she might as well take a moment to rest and collect her bearings.
She closed her eyes and steadied her breathing. List the facts, Ashley. What do you know?
One. The attacker was a dyrling- a being of dreams. Or in this case, nightmares.
Two. The dyrling was stronger than all of her soldiers combined- although to be fair, not much.
Three. The mimes had a claim on this world.
Four. The mimes could have defeated the dyrling easily.
Five. The mimes had a prison full of dark dyrlings.
Six. The mimes didn't like her.
Putting it all together, it seemed likely that the dryling was an attack by the mimes. But... that didn't make sense. The mimes had owned that prison for eons. If they were going to release a prisoner just to wreck a single enemy outpost, why do it now?
I need more information, she thought.

It was then that she heard the voices on the other side of the rock. Curious, she pulled herself to her still-sore legs and hobbled around cautiously to see who they were.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Ashley Larue took a few steps and collapsed against a rock, breathing heavily. 
"Blitka," she muttered. "Of course. Of course."
She'd been running for the past day, fleeing the... thing that had consumed her lab. She hadn't seen any signs that it was chasing her, so she might as well take a moment to rest and collect her bearings.
She closed her eyes and steadied her breathing. List the facts, Ashley. What do you know?
One. The attacker was a dyrling- a being of dreams. Or in this case, nightmares.
Two. The dyrling was stronger than all of her soldiers combined- although to be fair, not much.
Three. The mimes had a claim on this world.
Four. The mimes could have defeated the dyrling easily.
Five. The mimes had a prison full of dark dyrlings.
Six. The mimes didn't like her.
Putting it all together, it seemed likely that the dryling was an attack by the mimes. But... that didn't make sense. The mimes had owned that prison for eons. If they were going to release a prisoner just to wreck a single enemy outpost, why do it now?
I need more information, she thought.

It was then that she heard the voices on the other side of the rock. Curious, she pulled herself to her still-sore legs and hobbled around cautiously to see who they were.

Heeeyyyy, it's Ashley!!

Ayia glanced at the newcomer. "Who're you?"

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:
3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Are you ok?" This newcomer didn't look too steady.

Also, is this thread currently three boys playing three girls? (I'll admit I don't know Xino's gender yet)

Ayia glanced at the newcomer. "Who're you?"

Ashley took in the strangers. Warriors, if the bloodstained surroundings and swords were any indication. Just wonderful. Hopefully they didn't have any reason to kill her, or she was almost certainly dead.

"A scientist," she said, keeping her hands visible to make sure that her peaceful intentions were clear. "A hungry scientist. I don't suppose you have any food?"

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Ashley took in the strangers. Warriors, if the bloodstained surroundings and swords were any indication. Just wonderful. Hopefully they didn't have any reason to kill her, or she was almost certainly dead.

"A scientist," she said, keeping her hands visible to make sure that her peaceful intentions were clear. "A hungry scientist. I don't suppose you have any food?"

Obviously this woman didn't trust them. Or maybe it was just her, she was the one carrying a sword and a number of magical items that actually looked less dangerous than they actually were.

"Yeah, I have some snacks, I think..." It was too late to wonder if this world knew about fruit snacks, unfortunately, but at least she could kill two birds with one stone, help this person out and get a better sense of where she had ended up. She tossed her a pack of fruit snacks.

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Yeah, no problem." Ayia reached into her bag and pulled out some field rations, handing them to Ashley. "What's your name?"

1 hour ago, Negative_Null said:

Obviously this woman didn't trust them. Or maybe it was just her, she was the one carrying a sword and a number of magical items that actually looked less dangerous than they actually were.

"Yeah, I have some snacks, I think..." It was too late to wonder if this world knew about fruit snacks, unfortunately, but at least she could kill two birds with one stone, help this person out and get a better sense of where she had ended up. She tossed her a pack of fruit snacks.

Ashley caught the pack and opened it carefully. She inspected one of the food items inside, which appeared to be some sort of colored gelatin. She sampled one. Fruit flavored. Delicious.

More important, however, was the fact that they were willing to share food. Few people would kill someone they had just shared a meal with. Hostiles cleaning up after the main attack would be more likely to engage on sight, since there was no conceivable other reason for her to be in this area at this time.

They could still be agents of the mimes here to capture her. Mimes were honorable folk- the kind that would give food to a captive. But that would still mean they weren't planning on killing her straight off. And to be honest, they didn't really seem like mimes.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yeah, no problem." Ayia reached into her bag and pulled out some field rations, handing them to Ashley. "What's your name?"

Ashley debated whether or not to give a fake name for a moment, then dismissed the idea. If enemies were looking for her specifically, they wouldn't need her name to identify her. She'd gain more by being honest and earning the trust of these people.

"I'm Ashley," she said, letting her exhaustion seep into her tone. "Thanks for the food. I haven't had anything to eat since yesterday."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Ashley caught the pack and opened it carefully. She inspected one of the food items inside, which appeared to be some sort of colored gelatin. She sampled one. Fruit flavored. Delicious.

More important, however, was the fact that they were willing to share food. Few people would kill someone they had just shared a meal with. Hostiles cleaning up after the main attack would be more likely to engage on sight, since there was no conceivable other reason for her to be in this area at this time.

They could still be agents of the mimes here to capture her. Mimes were honorable folk- the kind that would give food to a captive. But that would still mean they weren't planning on killing her straight off. And to be honest, they didn't really seem like mimes.

Ashley debated whether or not to give a fake name for a moment, then dismissed the idea. If enemies were looking for her specifically, they wouldn't need her name to identify her. She'd gain more by being honest and earning the trust of these people.

"I'm Ashley," she said, letting her exhaustion seep into her tone. "Thanks for the food. I haven't had anything to eat since yesterday."

"Ayia." She held out her hand. "And now problem; I always keep extras on me. You haven't eaten since yesterday? What've you been running from?"

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Ayia." She held out her hand. "And now problem; I always keep extras on me. You haven't eaten since yesterday? What've you been running from?"

Seems like she was new to fruit snacks. At least she liked them.

"I'm Chrysler."

I looked at the OP again and I seem to have mixed up which thread comparison was which, sorry. If this has a lower power level than the main FotT and a plot to go with it, why isn’t it in Side Tales? 

4 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

@Condensation

Woo hoo! Alright, you've got a girl playing a girl now. Since I can't access my description of Andante right now, I'll join once I get home. See you then!