Kelsier vs. Wax. 1v1.

LukeWasTaken

8 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I’m assuming Wax was burning steel during the fight - and Kell has bronze. The question is: is Kell good enough with bronze to recognize different metals? I think he is, but I could be wrong.

he can recognize tin so I'd say yes.

8 hours ago, Dragon314 said:

If he did that Kelsier could just pull himself to Wax, I don't see that working.

Pull himself to Wax would require him getting around what they’re pushing on. Even if he did manage to get around it Wax could just shoot something else at Kel. It was pretty much always end in a pushing match, and Wax would win that easily.

3 hours ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Pull himself to Wax would require him getting around what they’re pushing on. Even if he did manage to get around it Wax could just shoot something else at Kel. It was pretty much always end in a pushing match, and Wax would win that easily.

Which is why Kell won’t get into one. He’ll pull himself somewhere else. He is far more maneuverable then Wax because he has both iron and steel. He can also pull Wax’s gun. 

On 10/27/2020 at 11:56 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Which is why Kell won’t get into one. He’ll pull himself somewhere else. He is far more maneuverable then Wax because he has both iron and steel. He can also pull Wax’s gun. 

I imagine Kelsier doing something kind of like what he did in his fight with the Inquisitor: surround himself with heavy metal objects, then fly around and be virtually unhittable. I think Kelsier would be able to identify Vindication as being a weapon, and push it about a mile away. Wax(to me, at least) doesn't usually seem very smart when it comes to dealing with other Mistings, much less a full Mistborn. 

On 10/27/2020 at 8:10 AM, SwordNimiForPresident said:

I think that Kelsier might actually let this happen, only he'd simply grab and crush Wax's throat/head before Wax can react. Remember, Pewter increases reaction speed.

As far as Kell burning tin, it doesn't matter. He does he did with the Inquisitor: use too much metal for his opponent to keep track of, unbalancing his enemy. Then he kills htem with their own weapon. Kelsier is very skilled in fighting Mistings, and a gun is basically a super-powered coin launcher. I think Kell would turn off his tin, but that's not the most important. He's burning atium and pewter. IMO, that's all he needs. He knows how to get around Wax's defenses and attacks, while closing. When they close, it doesn't matter if Wax can increase his weight, because Kell is burning Atium and Pewter. 

3 hours ago, Vessel of Theory said:

I imagine Kelsier doing something kind of like what he did in his fight with the Inquisitor: surround himself with heavy metal objects, then fly around and be virtually unhittable. I think Kelsier would be able to identify Vindication as being a weapon, and push it about a mile away. Wax(to me, at least) doesn't usually seem very smart when it comes to dealing with other Mistings, much less a full Mistborn. 

I think that Kelsier might actually let this happen, only he'd simply grab and crush Wax's throat/head before Wax can react. Remember, Pewter increases reaction speed.

As far as Kell burning tin, it doesn't matter. He does he did with the Inquisitor: use too much metal for his opponent to keep track of, unbalancing his enemy. Then he kills htem with their own weapon. Kelsier is very skilled in fighting Mistings, and a gun is basically a super-powered coin launcher. I think Kell would turn off his tin, but that's not the most important. He's burning atium and pewter. IMO, that's all he needs. He knows how to get around Wax's defenses and attacks, while closing. When they close, it doesn't matter if Wax can increase his weight, because Kell is burning Atium and Pewter. 

Wax gets one shot because A: Kell doesn’t realize Vindication is a projectile weapon and B: Wax is using an aluminum bullet (so no Atium shadow.) Kell is burning Tin at the beginning of the fight, so the shot destroys his eardrums. Gun shots are bad enough when you have normal hearing; enhanced hearing would be much worse.

That’s why Kell leaves; his eardrums are destroyed by the blast. He’s probably been hit as well, as he didn’t expect a projectile. The second time, he knows he’s facing a projectile weapon without Atium shadows. That is also very loud (not that he can hear right now, but still.) Wax doesn’t survive the night.

I don't think that Kelsier would be anywhere near a bronze savant. Wax could follow any coinshot or lurcher, but he might get messed up by both at once, especially in kredik shaw. But... Wax had practice fighting every individual type of misting (that Kelsier would have at least) and he could destroy Kelsier in a push match, especially with a bullet, and especially with his special ones.

I was really curious about this, and so I found some WOB-

Question

We've had great topics and discussions about this. If all of your characters were in a death match, who would win?

Brandon Sanderson

Honest truth is Kelsier. This is because of most of the characters, Kelsier is the one that is ruthless enough to get what he wants. Others would not be as ruthless. Kelsier as a character is very interesting to me. My kind of pitch on him to myself was he would be the villain in most stories. Kelsier in a lot of stories being told, in a lot of books that I would write, he's the villain but in this world, at this time, it is what the world needs and he is the hero. That's why I say Kelsier.

Arcanum Unbounded Seattle signing (Dec. 1, 2016)

So yeah. He'll do anything to win. A surprise could mess him up in the beginning, though

Edited by bridge7

1 hour ago, bridge7 said:

I was really curious about this, and so I found some WOB-

Question

We've had great topics and discussions about this. If all of your characters were in a death match, who would win?

Brandon Sanderson

Honest truth is Kelsier. This is because of most of the characters, Kelsier is the one that is ruthless enough to get what he wants. Others would not be as ruthless. Kelsier as a character is very interesting to me. My kind of pitch on him to myself was he would be the villain in most stories. Kelsier in a lot of stories being told, in a lot of books that I would write, he's the villain but in this world, at this time, it is what the world needs and he is the hero. That's why I say Kelsier.

Arcanum Unbounded Seattle signing (Dec. 1, 2016)

So yeah. He'll do anything to win. A surprise could mess him up in the beginning, though

Yeah, I've seen a similar wob saying Kelsier or Vasher.

Beyond just ruthlessness, he's insanely powerful and genius even with Wax's advantages (weight change, experience/savant, guns (hazekiller)) so I guess...

I think Wax might actually be able to out think him though, what with his criminal catching experience, both in how they think and fight.