So what do we know about hemalurgy bind points?

Koloss17

So I have promised the people a hemalurgy bind points quiz and wanted to know what bind points give what that we know of. The coppermind has some speculation on the matter and we have a bind point chart, but they aren’t fantastic recourses. Is that all we have on the matter or is there more?

Pretty much everything is on the coppermind, including a diagram of where Inquisitor bind points are. Arcanum might have some WoBs on where some are and aren’t (I think I saw one on weather or not there are bind points in the mouth), so that resource can also be useful. 

Edit: I found it! (hidden because of length)

Spoiler

ElephantEarwax

Are there any Hemalurgic bind points in the mouth or digestive tract?

Brandon Sanderson

Eh. *laughs* Why do you want to know this? 

ElephantEarwax

...We're trying to make sure we're doing it right.

Brandon Sanderson

The Hemalurgic table will be released later this year. I have not planned any bind points inside the mouth. But the Hemalurgic table that we will release will comprise the knowledge of the people in-world at a specific point, and it's entirely possible that new bind points could be discovered.

ElephantEarwax

At what point will they be known? Like, when, in-world?

Brandon Sanderson

When will we know what's smaller than a quark and how gravity interacts with subatomic particles?

ElephantEarwax

No, I mean what time in-world, like what knowledge era, for the chart.

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, okay, I get what you are saying. I was answering the wrong question. What technology era. I believe we are setting the table-- Wax and Wayne era, is what I told Isaac. But it's weird because it's going in the third Mistborn[leatherbound]. But I think our intent is it's what they know by that era. 

ElephantEarwax

So it's what Spook found out?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, basically it's what Spook found out. But you can't count that quite as canon until it comes out, because Isaac's going to be in charge of setting that date.

Orem signing (March 10, 2018)

Edited by Innovation

The problem is that the hemalurgy table doesn’t say what the things do. The coppermind gives some deductions based on the books, but it is far from all of the bind points. And even the hemalurgy table doesn’t have all 16 metal points, since it is just for era 1 inquisitors. It doesn’t even have the points for koloss or Kandra.

thats what I want to find.

Edited by Koloss17

22 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

The problem is that the hemalurgy table doesn’t say what the things do. The coppermind gives some deductions based on the books, but it is far from all of the bind points. And even the hemalurgy table doesn’t have all 16 metal points, since it is just for era 1 inquisitors. It doesn’t even have the points for koloss or Kandra.

thats what I want to find.

Yeah, you might have to break the news that as of yet you can't make the quiz and give us just a regular hemalurgy quiz. Bind points are on of those things I don't understand in the cosmere, and that's because all we really know is that it exists. You know nothing more about it really.