smartycope

Rithmatist: The Game

28 posts in this topic

I'm going to learn Unity and attempt a month long game jam to see what I can get done before I leave for 2 years. Wish me luck!

It'll just be a 2D game for now, if I can get a line of vigor to bounce off a line of forbiddance and break a line of warding I would be ecstatic 

I mean, I *prefer* Godot, because it's open source and free, but yeah, that would be WAY cool!

I don't know really anything about Godot but I'll look into it. I'm using the free version of unity (idk how much the paid one changes but it might not be much) and once I'm in college I should be able to get the student version.

Anyway I've been brainstorming ideas and problem solving and I have lots of cool concepts in mind, but I need input on some concerns!

I'd like to take this to discord if you have that so it would be easier to communicate but here's my idea vomit from a note on my phone:

Screenshot_20220920-130057.thumb.png.be632ff2144f2e346fddde7477f0028c.png

I imagine you would press a key to change what kind of line you were going to draw (like changing your mouse function in Photoshop) and then click to place it.

My next biggest questions would be about controls for your character. I think the right click controls like for MOBAs would work nicely but I also kinda hate those so idk.