smartycope

Rithmatist: The Game

8 posts in this topic

I'm a bit of a programmer, and I was relistening to the Rithmatist when I realized I could program the magic system! (My original idea was to create the magic system from Elantris, but with the Rithmatist it's more of a game (i.e. duels), and way easier to program)

It's far from finished, but I have a basic framework set up and it's moving smoothly. The code is currently on a private repo on github (I wanted to keep it private for now because I feel like I could run afoul of copyright law somehow), but if anyone wants to help me, email me and I can let you in!

I'm afraid I have next to no experience in code, but I would love to see it when it's finished!

On 10/10/2020 at 0:07 PM, Experience said:

I'm afraid I have next to no experience in code, but I would love to see it when it's finished!

Me too.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:01 PM, smartycope said:

I'm a bit of a programmer, and I was relistening to the Rithmatist when I realized I could program the magic system! (My original idea was to create the magic system from Elantris, but with the Rithmatist it's more of a game (i.e. duels), and way easier to program)

It's far from finished, but I have a basic framework set up and it's moving smoothly. The code is currently on a private repo on github (I wanted to keep it private for now because I feel like I could run afoul of copyright law somehow), but if anyone wants to help me, email me and I can let you in!

I volunteer myself up, for playtesting... :P 

I also want to try it out once it's ready to be playtested.

It's a long way off yet, but once it is ready, I'll certainly let y'all know so you can play test it!

This sounds awesome. I would love to work on it if I had any programming knowledge.