Hoid

LifeBeforeDeath

Question

8 answers to this question

Oh yeah. The coppermind has some nice stuff but yeah. 
if you want a brief overview, here it is:

we have a rogue worldhopper that has lived for presumably thousands of years that has helped the plot turn in every single book and is collecting the magic systems of all the different shards, for an unknown reason. The 17th shard is trying to grab him, because he is causing a whole lot of trouble in the affairs of shards and the 17th shard itself. 

hope that helped!

Now it’s my turn

what’s the silliest thing that you think you could do with the magic systems you have read?

Edited by Koloss17

1 hour ago, I Am A Fish said:

Click for info

^ Link to the Coppermind

Hello and Welcome to the Shard! 

Who's your favorite Sanderson character?

Ahhh...I don't know! I have so many!

I think, my favorite three are Vin, Shallan, and Lift.

What's yours?

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Oh yeah. The coppermind has some nice stuff but yeah. 
if you want a brief overview, here it is:

we have a rogue worldhopper that has lived for presumably thousands of years that has helped the plot turn in every single book and is collecting the magic systems of all the different shards, for an unknown reason. The 17th shard is trying to grab him, because he is causing a whole lot of trouble in the affairs of shards and the 17th shard itself. 

hope that helped!

Now it’s my turn

what’s the silliest thing that you think you could do with the magic systems you have read?

Thanks!

The silliest thing....Probably something involving Lightweaving, my archenemy, and a urinal...:P

1 hour ago, LifeBeforeDeath said:

Ahhh...I don't know! I have so many!

I think, my favorite three are Vin, Shallan, and Lift.

What's yours?

Thanks!

The silliest thing....Probably something involving Lightweaving, my archenemy, and a urinal...:P

Infinite possibilities of that one! The ambiguity is wonderful. Probably best reply to odd me sharder questionage so far. :P 

5 hours ago, LifeBeforeDeath said:

Can anyone provide concrete info on him???

hoid exists. he seems to be immortal. He knew the shards before they ascended. he is a worldhopper collecting pieces of shards and he is involved in every plot. He has a form of lightweaving that doesn't require spren, from his homeworld, planet Yolen. He hates kelsier's guts. He can't hurt people physically.

4 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

who, me?!

11 hours ago, LifeBeforeDeath said:

Hey, does anyone know when Stormlight 5 is gonna be written?

First off, welcome to the Shard!

Brandon's schedule for Stormlight is roughly 'one book every three years'. Since Rhythm of War is coming out this year, that means that the fifth book is almost certainly going to come out in 2023. Brandon releases a summary of his plans for the near future every year in his State of the Sanderson blog post. Here's the one from 2019 for reference.

• The Original audio novella: 2020
  • Stormlight Four: Fall 2020
  • Skyward Three: Summer(?) 2021
  • Wax and Wayne Four: Fall(?) 2021
  • Alcatraz 6: 2021–2022
  • Dark One Graphic Novel: 2021–2022
  • Skyward Four (final book): 2022
  • Stormlight Five: Fall 2023

The schedule isn't set in stone as projects might get moved around or something unexpected might come up, like how Skyward was a late replacement for the planned Apocalypse Guard series which is being revised. But that gives you a pretty good idea what to expect out of Brandon in the next few years.

Edited by Weltall