Mistborn Prime and Final Empire Prime

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, roondawg valhalla said:

Has anyone here read the Final Empire Prime? Any thoughts on it? Also is Brandon still handing out Mistborn Prime?

Ive only read the sample chapter of Final Empire Prime and thought it was pretty good(the lord ruler is one of my favorite characters, so i loved seeing what he evolved from)

That one sample chapter seemed to have a lot more cosmere connections/elements than the entirety of Mistborn Prime

you can still request Mistborn Prime using the link up above.

hope this helps!

36 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

(the lord ruler is one of my favorite characters, so i loved seeing what he evolved from)

I am really curious to read more about him, and to see things from his pov. It's amazing how much he has written that isn't published, the amount of depth and world building involved is incredible. I really like that he is considering releasing more of these unpublished works. 

39 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

you can still request Mistborn Prime using the link up above.

hope this helps!

Thank you, it does! Will send him a request for Mistborn Prime :)

17 minutes ago, roondawg valhalla said:

I am really curious to read more about him, and to see things from his pov. It's amazing how much he has written that isn't published, the amount of depth and world building involved is incredible. I really like that he is considering releasing more of these unpublished works. 

itll probably be like 6 or so years before he releases it publicly, but im so hyped already!

I would sign all the NDA's and contracts i had to, if i could just get a day or two to read all of Brandons unpublished manuscripts lol. Theres so much we haven't seen.

Mistborn prime, i think, had some pretty great worldbuilding. You can tell Brandon put of lot of work into designing that world. There were some areas that lacked, but a lot that really worked.

17 hours ago, roondawg valhalla said:

It's amazing how much he has written that isn't published, the amount of depth and world building involved is incredible.

Brandon wrote a really interesting essay on his writing history up to getting published, with some thoughts on the merits and demerits of the various phases of his early career if that's something you're interested in. It includes some thoughts on Mistborn/Final Empire Prime and where they fall in his estimation of his unpublished works.

A big reason that he's able to get the older works out now is that he's got a sizeable fanbase that's willing to read them despite being unpublishable as-is. I'm glad he does it because it's really fascinating to see his growth as a writer and to follow the thread of an idea that might have worked its way through two or three books before finally being published. Kaladin for example grew out of a WoK Prime character, but with input from the protagonist of the unfinished Mythwalker and Dragonsteel Prime. I've tried my hand at some short fiction and being able to look at Brandon's development over time has really helped me think about how to approach characters, for example.

Oh, the fact that we're also getting to the point where enough has either been revealed or has sufficiently changed that the material no longer spoils anything important that Brandon still plans to write is also a pretty big factor in why we're getting the 'Sanderson Curiosities' now. Though the wait for Dragonsteel Prime is gonna be killer and who knows where Final Empire Prime is going to fall on the release list...

16 hours ago, Eternal Khol said:

I would sign all the NDA's and contracts i had to, if i could just get a day or two to read all of Brandons unpublished manuscripts lol. Theres so much we haven't seen.

I was at a signing once when he was asked a question and mentioned having a personal wiki where he and his assistants keep track of all his ideas. I'd give serious consideration to sacrificing a kidney for a look at that. xD

Edited by Weltall

3 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Though the wait for Dragonsteel Prime is gonna be killer

He actually plans to release this one with the Words of Radiance Kickstarter, because he feels it's one of his better-quality unpublished books and we've apparently made it past most of what would be spoilery.