Sharder Memes!

Frustration

12 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I'm not, but lots of people are because they tend to be very...perfectionist. 

11 minutes ago, Frustration said:

We are no-

no, no that's fair.

6 minutes ago, theTruthshaper said:

Hmm? Perfectionist in what sense?

(If I had to hypothesize why people are scared about the theory people, then it would be because to them theory discussions would feel very aggressive and always on the edge of becoming arguments)

100%
If someone misquotes a character, recalls an event incorrectly, or makes a logical leap that is a bit to far, then they are doomed :ph34r:.
Also, even if we agree with a theory, we will argue it and bring up points against it to provoke thought. We never accept anything that hasn’t had at least a few pages of argument and debate.

Fear us, not the mods

(Though, I haven’t done much theory lately, I have been making memes so I can beat my cousin in a competition to see who can get the most rep)

Edited by Chinkoln

4 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

100%
If someone misquotes a character, recalls an event incorrectly, or makes a logical leap that is a bit to far, then they are doomed :ph34r:.

From my personal experience of doing all three, they aren't :P

Also, even if we agree with a theory, we will argue it and bring up points against it to provoke thought.

We also argue with the people who agree with us the theory is wrong ^^

4 minutes ago, mathiau said:

From my personal experience of doing all three, they aren't :P

Depends on the person, and their mood, and how closely they fee with the topic.

I am more likely to write a snappy response if it is about Mistborn than if it is about Stormlight, because Mistborn is better (fight me)

56 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

I am more likely to write a snappy response if it is about Mistborn than if it is about Stormlight, because Mistborn is better (fight me)

54 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

I agree strongly with the previous statement. -_-

I need to call an asylum.:D

Edited by Frustration

SA is fine, I just have more of an emotional connection with Mistborn. I read it at a very hard time in my life and it has shaped who I am. And additionally... I don't like how long SA is. I'd rather just read the Era I trilogy over and over instead of frothing at the mouth for books a thousand pages long to be released. There's a reason I haven't even started RoW yet.

Just now, Shard of Thought said:

SA is fine, I just have more of an emotional connection with Mistborn. I read it at a very hard time in my life and it has shaped who I am. And additionally... I don't like how long SA is. I'd rather just read the Era I trilogy over and over instead of frothing at the mouth for books a thousand pages long to be released. There's a reason I haven't even started RoW yet.

wishes SA books were longer.

11 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

10 minutes ago, Frustration said:

wishes SA books were longer.

I understand both arguments. Mistborn was my first Sanderson read, and has an emotional connection. I’m not saying Stormlight is bad. They are both my top 2 favorite series, very close, but Mistborn is slightly better. Also, I agree that the Stormlight books should be longer.