2 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Okay, I'll elaborate on Bakugou now.  Note, this opinion is subject to change, but likely won't.

Suicide baiting is not cool.  That's it.

Ok I originally didn't like Bakugo, but honestly after a few episodes I started to like him. He has great character development (you haven't seen that yet though :P)

And yes suicide baiting is awful, but the author did say that he regrets having Bakugo say that, because it makes it harder for him to redeem himself. But he does have amazing character growth, and while I don't read the manga until the anime is released, I've heard that (spoiler but not a ton you don't have to click on it)

Spoiler

he is repairing his relationship with Deku

Anyway I really like Bakugo. He's not my favorite character but he's up there. He has good growth (I've said this a lot haha) and he's funny so yeah.

7 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Okay, I'll elaborate on Bakugou now.  Note, this opinion is subject to change, but likely won't.

Suicide baiting is not cool.  That's it.

Are you talking about the manga or the anime? Because depending on which, those are two very different conversations. 

16 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

Discuss anything about the anime, My Hero Academia (or Boku no Hero Academia). Share theories, opinions, and general love for the show :)

Here's the Season 5 trailer, coming spring 2021!

Reveal hidden contents

@Spren of Kindness

I'm a manga fan first and foremost, but I went through the first three seasons with my dad. He usually doesn't care for anime or animated shows (with the rare exceptions being Avatar: The Last Airbender and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (and a little bit of Rebels)), but he liked MHA! I've been meaning to go through Season 4 with him since the dub dropped on Hulu last month, but we have a lot of shows to watch and less time to do so since grad school started back up.

In terms of the show, I love to hate on Bakugo, but being completely honest, his and Endeavor's character development are top tier. Like, Jaimie Lannister level development. 

Just now, revelryintheart said:

Ok I originally didn't like Bakugo, but honestly after a few episodes I started to like him. He has great character development (you haven't seen that yet though :P)

And yes suicide baiting is awful, but the author did say that he regrets having Bakugo say that, because it makes it harder for him to redeem himself. But he does have amazing character growth, and while I don't read the manga until the anime is released, I've heard that (spoiler but not a ton you don't have to click on it)

Hide contents

he is repairing his relationship with Deku

Anyway I really like Bakugo. He's not my favorite character but he's up there. He has good growth (I've said this a lot haha) and he's funny so yeah.

I'll keep that in mind.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how long this is.  Does each season have a self contained arc, or are they connected?  I've had experience with series that refuse to die when they've outlived their time and it's... not fun.

Just now, Spren of Kindness said:

I'll keep that in mind.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how long this is.  Does each season have a self contained arc, or are they connected?  I've had experience with series that refuse to die when they've outlived their time and it's... not fun.

Each season has about two self-contained arcs.

1 minute ago, Use the Falchion said:

Are you talking about the manga or the anime? Because depending on which, those are two very different conversations. 

I'm a manga fan first and foremost, but I went through the first three seasons with my dad. He usually doesn't care for anime or animated shows (with the rare exceptions being Avatar: The Last Airbender and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (and a little bit of Rebels)), but he liked MHA! I've been meaning to go through Season 4 with him since the dub dropped on Hulu last month, but we have a lot of shows to watch and less time to do so since grad school started back up.

In terms of the show, I love to hate on Bakugo, but being completely honest, his and Endeavor's character development are top tier. Like, Jaimie Lannister level development. 

I love to hate him too lol but I also appreciate his development.

I would say spoiler the manga things that haven't yet happened in the anime

2 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Huh, I'm about the opposite.  I prefer anime, even though I like books more than visual media.  I just can't ever get over the English 'left to right' thing.

Character development is a good thing to hear.

Just now, revelryintheart said:

Each season has about two self-contained arcs.

I love to hate him too lol but I also appreciate his development.

I would say spoiler the manga things that haven't yet happened in the anime

Okay, so I can back out if I need to and not miss out on stuff.  I don't think I will, but it's good to have the option.

16 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Huh, I'm about the opposite.  I prefer anime, even though I like books more than visual media.  I just can't ever get over the English 'left to right' thing.

To each their own!

23 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Does each season have a self contained arc, or are they connected?  I've had experience with series that refuse to die when they've outlived their time and it's... not fun.

Two to three arcs per season, but they're all connected. The filler level throughout the show is very low overall, and things that are filler are usually still entertaining. I wouldn't worry about getting an entire season or two worth of filler ala Naruto or Bleach. In terms of how long the show will go - hopefully until the manga officially finishes. 

I like Bakugou a lot.

As a manga reader, the manga is in high gear right now and things are absolutely crazy and I love it. On the anime side of things, if the anime reception of the next arc is anything close to what the manga reception was, people are gonna hate it. I like the next arc, it doesn't deserve the hate, but it's not gonna live up to S4. Good news, though, the second half of the season will most assuredly be taken well because it's amazing. 

Also, word of caution. I would recommend reading the Vigilante's manga before Season 5. There is a plot point that will be there that is set up in Vigilante's that will seem to come out of absolute nowhere if you have not read it. 

1 minute ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

I like Bakugou a lot.

As a manga reader, the manga is in high gear right now and things are absolutely crazy and I love it. On the anime side of things, if the anime reception of the next arc is anything close to what the manga reception was, people are gonna hate it. I like the next arc, it doesn't deserve the hate, but it's not gonna live up to S4. Good news, though, the second half of the season will most assuredly be taken well because it's amazing. 

Also, word of caution. I would recommend reading the Vigilante's manga before Season 5. There is a plot point that will be there that is set up in Vigilante's that will seem to come out of absolute nowhere if you have not read it. 

I don't read the manga, but so far I've liked the setup for the next arc. I'm not crazy about Endeavor getting a redemption, but I really like Hawks.

I've read a couple chapters of Vigilante's and just can't get into it. None of the characters really stand out to me. I do like the Smash spin off manga though. 

22 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Endeavor is, like, one of the best characters, and the current arc (which S4 stopped in the middle of) shows that to a T. As for Vigilante's, I understand not getting into it, but I still quite heavily recommend trying anyway. Fall in love with Knuckleduster and/or Pop like I did and you'll be fine :P

I.... really don't like Endeavor :)

I guess I care a lot more about the kids than the adults.

I'll try Vigilante's again, but from what I saw I really didn't like Pop

14 hours ago, revelryintheart said:

I.... really don't like Endeavor :)

I guess I care a lot more about the kids than the adults.

I care more about the kids than the adults as well, but Endeavor's arc is still brilliant. It feels a lot like 

MASSIVE, MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW FOR NON-MANGA READERS

Spoiler

Dalinar's arc in Oathbringer in a lot of ways. Two men who lived for one purpose and neglected/abused their families to achieve that purpose. Two men who found that what it cost wasn't worth what they've gained; and now we have two men who are looking to atone for their past by truly becoming the roles they're in. There are massive differences of course - Endeavor didn't commit mass murder, and Dalinar wasn't physically abusive to his wife or children (as far as we know). But they do possess similarities. And like Dalinar, Endeavor's dirty little secrets will eventually have to come out. 

14 hours ago, revelryintheart said:

I'll try Vigilante's again, but from what I saw I really didn't like Pop

I wasn't the largest fan of Pop at the beginning either for a couple of reasons, but she's grown on me since then. And seeing cameos from other heroes pre-character development makes the manga worth it (Midnight is HILARIOUS, Aizawa is as good as he always is, and the OG Ingenium is a cool dude). Also echoing what @aneonfoxtribute said about this series and Season 5. Granted, I'm almost positive the show will find a way to address this, but it's still good to be prepared if they don't. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Horikoshi lied ig. He said there was only going to be two movies

I'm pretty sure the quote was that his involvement will end after two movies, not that there won't be any more. Alas, since I can't find the quote or interview, it remains apocyphal...

Anyways, the jackets look DOPE.

Many people on Reddit are either putting this after the current manga arc or during 

MASSIVE SPOILERS

Spoiler

the timeskip right before the manga arc. 

I'm personally leaning towards after, as Bakugo's gauntlets are completely different. But we'll have to wait and see. 

3 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'm personally leaning towards after, as Bakugo's gauntlets are completely different. But we'll have to wait and see. 

I love the design of his gauntlets here. His normal ones are way too bulky, and I think that his costume/accessories being more streamlined would complement his quirk. (Also he's doing the signature Kirishima pose hehe)

I very recently got into BHNA, and only finished season 4 today. The first time i saw Aizawa on the social media feed of the friend who got me into it I went "Haha he looks like Vasher" and half of my season 1 experience was incresingly going OH MY GOD HE REALLY IS MUCH MORE LIKE VASHER THAN I THOUGHT

55 minutes ago, LiftIRL said:

I very recently got into BHNA, and only finished season 4 today. The first time i saw Aizawa on the social media feed of the friend who got me into it I went "Haha he looks like Vasher" and half of my season 1 experience was incresingly going OH MY GOD HE REALLY IS MUCH MORE LIKE VASHER THAN I THOUGHT

Aizawa is the blessed fusion of Vasher and Kakashi. 

1 hour ago, LiftIRL said:

I used to think he looked like Kaladin.