This is the place to discuss the single greatest type of music of all time. No, I do not mean Bridge four rock, although he is awesome. I mean Rock and Roll. My second favorite thing in this world. (After sanderson.)

So, I'm curious. What's your favorite band/song. (Of rock and roll)

I love AC/DC currently this is my favorite song.

Spoiler

love electric guitars and the possibilities that come along with them. But the rock music I listen to is mostly of the dreamy, reverb-heavy kind. Like Radiohead, The Cure, Cocteau Twins. Or the exact other way, the metal stuff.

Edited by Elegy

3 hours ago, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

I don't know if they count, but I love Sum 41.

Sum 41, Rise Against, Linkin Park, and Relient K reigned supreme over my 5th-8th grade music tastes. Linkin Park was and has continued to be my favorite, but certain Sum 41 songs still rock. I actually had a dream earlier where the song "No Reason" was playing. It was SUPER weird. 

ELO is great.

Some of my favorite bands are Queen, Journey, U2 (they technically are a rock band), Styx, Foreigner, Bon Jovi, Genesis, R.E.M., The Cure, Supertramp, REO Speedwagon, Yes, and Kansas.

so pretty much 80s and 70s is my jam.

Oh and some GNR

Edited by revelryintheart

19 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Sum 41, Rise Against, Linkin Park, and Relient K reigned supreme over my 5th-8th grade music tastes. Linkin Park was and has continued to be my favorite, but certain Sum 41 songs still rock. I actually had a dream earlier where the song "No Reason" was playing. It was SUPER weird. 

May I know the details of this dream? ^_^

13 hours ago, revelryintheart said:

ELO is great.

Some of my favorite bands are Queen, Journey, U2 (they technically are a rock band), Styx, Foreigner, Bon Jovi, Genesis, R.E.M., The Cure, Supertramp, REO Speedwagon, Yes, and Kansas.

so pretty much 80s and 70s is my jam.

Oh and some GNR

That's awesome!!!

Aside from AC/DC some other bands I like are Aerosmith, Boston, Rush, ZZ top, Led Zepplin, Journey, Foreigner, The Who, Guns and Roses, Van Halen, and Billy Joel.

Edit: How did I forget about Kansas?

Edited by Shard of Reading

Ok so today my mom and I were discussing rock singers. To be a good rock singer, you don't necessarily have to be a good singer in the traditional sense, you just need to have either a distinctive voice (eg R.E.M. or U2) or just that "rock" sound. 

So we were talking.

What rock groups/singers have good voices in the traditional sense? If you were to give them a non-rock song, who would sound good? For example, Bon Jovi would probably not do well singing anything other than rock.

This is what we came up with:

Curt Smith from Tears for Fears (Roland Orzabal also has a good voice, but Curt's is better)

Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet- not rock but still)

Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)

Tom Bailey (Thompson Twins-again not a rock band but I really like his voice)

Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)

Steve Perry (Journey)

What do you guys think?

Edited by revelryintheart

2 hours ago, revelryintheart said:

Ok so today my mom and I were discussing rock singers. To be a good rock singer, you don't necessarily have to be a good singer in the traditional sense, you just need to have either a distinctive voice (eg R.E.M. or U2) or just that "rock" sound. 

So we were talking.

What rock groups/singers have good voices in the traditional sense? If you were to give them a non-rock song, who would sound good? For example, Bon Jovi would probably not do well singing anything other than rock.

This is what we came up with:

Curt Smith from Tears for Fears (Roland Orzabal also has a good voice, but Curt's is better)

Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet- not rock but still)

Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)

Tom Bailey (Thompson Twins-again not a rock band but I really like his voice)

Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)

Steve Perry (Journey)

What do you guys think?

AC/DC!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Brian Johnson)

Mik Jagger. (Rolling stones)

Led Zepplin. (I don't remember their lead singer)

Ozzy Ozborne

That is true. Many rock singers would not do well in a choir (Or anyother type of music.)

Edit: I'm learning how to play the electric guitar. I have my second lesson in 20 minutes.

Edited by Shard of Reading