History and some information?

AutumnWell

Well, I'm new to all this. I mean all this. So, a short history might curb my thirst.

Who started the 17th Shard? Why is this the official fansite ('cause that sounds quite like an oxymoron)? Who runs it now? There are no ads, how are the servers fueled? How is Dragonsteel Entertainment related to it?

Thats all :)

4 hours ago, DroverSteel said:

Well, I'm new to all this. I mean all this. So, a short history might curb my thirst.

Who started the 17th Shard? Why is this the official fansite ('cause that sounds quite like an oxymoron)? Who runs it now? There are no ads, how are the servers fueled? How is Dragonsteel Entertainment related to it?

Hey, welcome! You might be interested in reading this for some history: 

We are the official fansite because Brandon has given us his blessing, and we host news and more. 

It’s essentially run by Chaos; he’s not the only head admin, but he’s basically in charge since the other two head admins aren’t around much. He paid for the site for 8-9 years or so, then a little while back a Patreon was set up and Patrons have been paying for the servers since then.

Dragonsteel isn’t directly affiliated with us much more than with the fandom as a whole.