Creating this RP was what I procrastinated on when I wasn't letting myself procrastinate on the Shard, so it's pretty well-developed, if I do say so myself!

Spoiler

The planet Perandriel is kept functioning by four main Artifacts, each representing an element: Water, Land, Fire, and Air. However, these are not the only Artifacts. There are also Artifacts created by the combining of two other artifacts.

Spoiler

Water and air combine into the Moisture Sisters (hi guys!)

Water and fire combine into steam (is that a Moisture Sibling?)

Water and land combine into mud.

Fire and air combine into...basically UV rays or the power of the sun.

Fire and land combine into desert.

Air and land combine into windswept grass.

So, total, there are 10 Artifacts, each keeping a part of the world from falling apart. If all of the Artifacts are brought together for longer than a year, the results are disastrous. (Just know that this RP won’t exist anymore if that happens.) However, the evidence of the Artifacts being missing won’t show beyond the changes that are considered normal until around six months after being taken, and it would be impossible to tell if they were together or not until the areas began swirling together, which, it is estimated, would be a mere six weeks before the end of the world.

Recently, the sections of the world have begun moving and adjusting more than ever before, signifying that the Artifacts have been misplaced. An adventure crew is recruiting, stopping their usual travels in order to search for the missing Artifacts and the cause of their relocation. Many suspect it to be nothing but a government plot, an attempt to bring the whole world to a panic before “saving” everyone. Others suspect a group that they have begun calling World Stealers, or Vilaglopok. No one has ever really seen them or evidence that they exist, but there are many rumors of their previous crimes or thefts.

What do the Artifacts look like?

Good question! The thing is, no one knows. It could be anything from a valuable stone to a piece of dirt. Most stories, however, use descriptions similar to the ones shown in this lullabye:

Spoiler

Water, the fish that does not swim.

Land is shown with a fruit found within.

Fire was made with the greatest heat,

While Air is something you shall never meet.

With Water and Air, it floats above the dew,

Land and Fire will only harm you.

Air and Land, fine as sand,

Water and Fire, with strength entire.

Fire and Air, you can never grasp,

Land and water will make you gasp.

If you search, you may never find

The Artifacts, instead breaking your mind.

So beware, little traveler, if you soar through the world,

You may need to, one day, if the land becomes swirled.

I tell you these things in the hope for your future,

Despite the fact that it is nothing but rumor.

You may succeed, but if you do,

Do not allow it to destroy you.

It’s a very haunting melody, somewhat similar to “All the Pretty Little Horses.”

Who really misplaced the Artifacts?

RAFO! Or, rather WAFO. (Write And Find Out.) :)

Can my character be a member of the World Stealers?

Sure! PM me and I’ll answer any follow-up questions you might have.

Did the Artifacts not have guardians of some sort?

Of course they did! The people of Perandriel aren’t idiots; they weren’t about to just leave their Artifacts lying around! However, many religions believe that the Artifacts are not to be looked upon by human’s unworthy eyes. Humans tend to go beyond natural barriers, and they soon become unworthy of any one Artifact. Aircrafts help them fly, boats and submarines help them swim, protective gear helps them to survive the flames. The Artifact Wardens are, instead, animals. Once again, no, we don’t know which animal guards which Artifact, just know that the Wardens only guard the Artifact of their home. Only God’s chosen servants know these things.

Can my character be one of God’s chosen servants? 

Yep! Same thing as the World Stealer question.

Could my character be an Artifact Warden?

Technically, yes, but I don't think you'd want to. If you think you'd want to, PM me and I'll tell you why you don't.

With how little information we have on the Artifacts, how are we supposed to find them?

*Evil laughter* You’ll see! *Plotting Queen noises*

Oh...kay then… But, aren’t humans not supposed to look upon the Artifacts?

*More evil laughter*  You’ll see! *More plotting Queen noises*

Where did the rumors of the World Stealers come from if no one has ever seen them?

When the things that literally hold your world together are stolen, rumors get started. Although, I guess I should say that there are no confirmed sightings of the World Stealers. There are a few people who claim to have seen them, but that’s honestly pretty doubtful.

So what does the land look like?

Oh, great question! I’ll describe it here, and there's a map later on!

Spoiler

Aithne (pronounced eye eeth nay)-An area of fire. Very few people live here, as nearly the entire area is covered by active flames. The visible ground is solid molten rock, and there are places where it isn’t quite solid. Out of all of the areas, this is the worst at supporting life, as one might expect. However, there are creatures that prosper in the flames. Echidna-like creatures on this planet have adapted to fires to not only survive in them, but to flourish while living in the fire. There are also small dragons that flit through the flames, mostly red with black marbling patterns (I swear they aren't Parshendi.) There are also some people that have adapted to the heat, their skin is purely a dark blood-red. (Yes, you can be one of them.)

Llyr (pronounced leer)-An area of water. The people who live here mostly live on boats and submarines, but there is an Atlantis-type of city, called Rialta (pronounced rye alt uh). It is fairly small, because it’s kind of hard to build a waterproof, waterless city underwater. If you’re interested in hearing how they managed it, let me know. There are, of course, also many water creatures, including translucent and camouflaged sea monsters the size of the largest ships on the water and merpeople (your character can be a merperson, but probably not a good idea to be a sea monster).

Brisa (pronounced bree suh)-An area of air. Few people live here, as only a few people have wings. They are called fallen angels, and are very mischievous, though at times grow serious and helpful. (yes, a fallen angel is a potential character choice.) There is also a huge connection of wide, long bridges spanning the distance between the land on two sides of Brisa. Think of that one scene in Jumanji. (you know the one.) (except the bridges are far more secure and there are no crazy monkeys.) It is said that if you fall from Brisa, you’ll fall forever. There’s a lullabye about that, too. Houses are suspended occasionally in the same way as the bridges.

Nyala (pronounced nie all uh)-An area of land. The population here is the most clustered of all the areas, for pretty clear reasons. Humans are naturally adapted to living on the land, their feet securely planted. This area is a pretty forested place, and houses are often overgrown with plants. Nyala touches all other lands, and the in-betweens are kind of weird. Between Nyala and Aithne is a vast, dry, hot desert. Between Nyala and Llyr is a very muddy boggy area, and between Nyala and Brisa is a windswept plain of grass.

Okay, so that kind of sounds like the planet is split into four areas and that’s it. That’s not it. That’s just the easiest way to start. You couldn’t just say “I’m from central Llyr,” there are many different areas of Llyr, called by different names.

Spoiler

Aithne areas are: Eilidh, Conleth, Fiamma, and Heulfryn.

Llyr areas are: Lucerne, Adair, Danube, Gwenore, Jora, Kaimana, Meara, and Rayan.

Brisa areas are: Aella, Corentin, Auretta, Tadita, Zephyrine, and Sefarina.

Nyala areas are: Mirko, Peri, Sena, Trevena, Topanga, Zaltana, Wystan, Tula, and Porfirio.

They are all separated completely from the others of their area types. 

The map is underneath this full thing, in the spoiler box right before my Audra post.

Moving on to the magic system! I'm...not great at this part, but here goes! The magic of this world is 100% element based. However, your character's magic doesn't need to be based on the element that they are adapted to live in. For example, my character, Audra, would have fire powers (if she had powers, which she doesn't), because that's the element her soul aligns with, even though she literally has wings. Characters with powers are called Imperi, or Imperium, singular. Characters without are called Claudi, or Claudus, singular, or occasionally Claud/Clauds for short. The abilities themselves are very loosely defined. A person's powers are as diverse as their soul, and no two people have the same power combination.

Any questions that I haven’t addressed?

So, I'll just get started, ask me questions, I'll give you answers. Feel free to join in at any time! Also, I'm kind of trying to draw my character, the wings are pretty ding dang cool.

Spoiler

IMG_20201021_152018.thumb.jpg.581dad1b5d72d5b1c8e0f8fa83c31a86.jpg

Audra soared over the flames of Conleth, bright red and reaching toward her. She was careful to keep her wings far from the red heat, though she trailed her hand through the flames, only pulling it out when it began to blister. She had heard that, just a few hours from where she was, in Mirko, they were recruiting Adventurers to find the missing Artifacts. It was supposed to be dangerous, possibly fatal, and it was near-certain that no one would return unscathed. Audra's lip turned up in a slight smile. She couldn't wait to go. She let out a whoop as she dove down, speeding up to avoid catching flame, bursting out just as the flames would have taken hold. The tips of her wings were slightly charred, but that wasn't anything new. Life just wasn't as fun if she didn't take all the risks. She saw a bright-skinned Aithne native walking quickly through the flames, long hair swaying past her hips. Audra swooped down, yanking on that long hair and pulling it into the flames. Not surprisingly, it didn't catch on fire. Audra had long searched for the fire-proof hair products they used, she was getting tired of her frayed, charred ends. Oh, well. That would have to wait for her return.

Edited by DramaQueen

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

I can draw a map!

I know. I'm not letting you help me at all on this RP, though. If I do that, I'll start relying on you to improve this one, too. I want to be able to draw maps eventually, so I need to practice.

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

I'll join. Is there any magic other than the Artifacts? I wish to be a bogwitch

Well, I haven't really considered having other magic... What kind of magic were you thinking to be able to do?

Just now, DramaQueen said:

Well, I haven't really considered having other magic... What kind of magic were you thinking to be able to do?

General mystical crazy bogwitch things? "Boil bubble toil and trouble" sort of stuff. Though, if we were going to have a magic system, it should be element-related.

13 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I know. I'm not letting you help me at all on this RP, though. If I do that, I'll start relying on you to improve this one, too. I want to be able to draw maps eventually, so I need to practice.

Would you like an intensive Mapmaking 101 course, courtesy of Fadran Incorporated?

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Would you like an intensive Mapmaking 101 course, courtesy of Fadran Incorporated?

NO! I can do it on my own.

Spoiler

...maybe...

4 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

General mystical crazy bogwitch things? "Boil bubble toil and trouble" sort of stuff. Though, if we were going to have a magic system, it should be element-related.

4 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

I'd join this! This looks fun! If there is magic, can I wether have superspeed or transformation?

I definitely agree that it should be element-related, so sorry Bearer. Let's keep it kind of loose, so your character can have magic as long as it fits with the element they are most in tune with.

14 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I definitely agree that it should be element-related, so sorry Bearer. Let's keep it kind of loose, so your character can have magic as long as it fits with the element they are most in tune with

Excellent! 

Spoiler

Name: Barabantha
Appearance: An ancient, hunched old witch in filthy clothing and tasseled gray hair. 
Equipment: An old stick and a caldron full of mud which she uses for her magic.
Skills: Mud magic.* Is good at smacking people with her stick.
Backstory: Barabantha's early history is clouded, and all we really know is that she wanders the swamp between Nyala and Llyr, helping or messing with passing travelers.
Personality: Mischievous and batshit insane. Nothing else needs to be said.
*This is going to be very, very soft. I won't abuse, I promise, but it fits with the chaos of this character.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I have a question... what the heck is a world stealer?

Did you read the whole thing? I'm pretty sure I explained it. Basically, they might be the ones who stole the Artifacts, but no one has actually seen them, they just exist as a rumor.

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

Did you read the whole thing? I'm pretty sure I explained it. Basically, they might be the ones who stole the Artifacts, but no one has actually seen them, they just exist as a rumor.

Ah, I see it now. Took me a second of intensive super-reading.

So what kind of magic is there?

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

So what kind of magic is there?

I'm thinking elemental, just in general. As long as your character's powers align with the element your character's soul aligns with, it works. For example, if Audra had powers, she would probably have fire powers, even though she literally has wings, because fire is the element her soul goes with best.

12 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I'm thinking elemental, just in general. As long as your character's powers align with the element your character's soul aligns with, it works. For example, if Audra had powers, she would probably have fire powers, even though she literally has wings, because fire is the element her soul goes with best.

Ooooh! Souls! I'll get working on that character lickity-split!

On 10/2/2020 at 3:06 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ooooh! Souls! I'll get working on that character lickity-split!

On 10/2/2020 at 4:01 PM, Experience said:

I'll try and get my character done soon. Their going to be a nomad.

Sooo, how are those going?

On 10/3/2020 at 5:18 PM, Bearer of all agonies said:

Ok. I’ll probably be an earthbender then. If that’s ok. Is it?

I wouldn't see why not.

Edited by AmazingGoob

Even though I probably shouldn't, here you go.

Name: Lincoln
Appearance: A 46 year old man with dark brown hair, longish on the top and short on the sides. Cloudy blue eyes and stubble, somewhat muscular.
Skills: Water magic: Is really good with bodies of water such as lakes
Backstory: Lives in Jora, normal family, no tragic stuff in his life, lives a pretty normal life.
Personality: Really kind, gets worked up about a few things, very strong morals.

Does this work?

Would Andante fit here? She's maybe a little OP, but I don't think so.

Name: Andante

Eyes: medium brown with long lashes

Hair: wavy, dark brown

Skin/Physique: light brown skin, average for a ballerina(longer legs)

Height: 5’8”

Clothes: tight dark green t-shirt, black skinny jeans, green and black tennis shoes. Right pocket in jeans is larger than the left pocket.

Powers(broader than Investiture): Carries the Emerald Atlas, which has bonded to her. The Emerald Atlas, while she is holding it, will (at first with a picture placed between the pages and then when she imagines it, that's the progression in the book) take her to a person, place, thing, or time(usually more than one). When it is taken to a different time than it belongs to, it will disappear into its correct time in two hours unless held by the one who is bonded to it(Andante). No one who is not bonded with the book can use it, and you can't bond again with it unless the previous owner is dead.

Skills: No fighting training, but she’s a ballerina and is naturally graceful. She has long legs, so she can run quickly, and she has good endurance because of her dancing.

Equipment: small silver camera kept in her left pocket, hand-size weathered dark green book with blank pages

Weakness: Does she really need one? As mentioned previously, if she takes the book elsewhere and lets go of it, it will disappear in 2 hours and she’ll have to find it in her current time period.(Later in the books, Kate can access it with the help of someone with lots of magic so she can use the power without the book, this might happen)

Family: Father who isn’t at home most of the time

Home Planet: Earth

Backstory: She’s an only child, her mom and dad got divorced and neither of them really care about her. She became a ballerina when she was young because her mom wanted her to, but neither of her parents ever came to any of her performances. She found the Emerald Atlas one day and bonded to it by accident, and she’s become somewhat familiar with its powers. Now she sleeps with it on her nightstand.

Personality: Confident, but not cold. She’s compassionate and empathetic, but often feels out of place. When she is at her worst, she dances. It makes her feel confident again, and she loves to dance.

Fighting Style: None(duh).