The Cult of Hobbes, and Calvin

All right,
This is a thread devoted to worshiping the works of the genius Bill Watterson.

Particularly Calvin and Hobbes. If you haven't read, or seen any of the comic strips go do that right now, here's what you're missing out on:

Spoiler

May 20, 1990: Advice on Life and Creative Integrity from Calvin and Hobbes  Creator Bill Watterson – Brain Pickings 

Spoiler

Calvin and Hobbes Cartoons | Teaching and Learning in Indonesia

Spoiler

Calvin and Hobbes makes sense of quarantine life, 25 years later - Polygon

Please post praise below: Hello! The final round is here... You found the first clue! So go! GO! Back to where you started. Here remember wurds. Win...

Edited by I Am A Fish
More comics

I am definitely joining this cult.

Calvin and Hobbes is amazing. Genius. The best thing to come out of a man's imagination since... well, anything! 

My brother and I used to read those comics over and over. We started out with 2 books, and we read them so many times the pages started falling out, so our mom bought us the whole collection one year for Christmas. One of my favourite presents to date. Even now my brother and I will speak to each other entire conversations using just Calvin and Hobbes references. 

On 10/2/2020 at 10:29 AM, Shard of Reading said:

My family has the complete collection, and I have memorized basically all the strips and it's still funny. All the books are falling apart I've read them so many times.

I LOVE CALVIN AND HOBBES!!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Bill Watterson Calvin and Hobbes Daily Comic Strip Original Art | Lot  #92313 | Heritage Auctions

My respect for you has grown...

50 minutes ago, FriarFritz said:

Which of Calvin's personas is your favorite?

Reveal hidden contents

Tracer Bullet all the way!

o61k3nhewi221.jpg.456c5a75b8b20afa5f6a575e82cad113.jpg

Tracer Bullet, for sure :).

I’ll join the club. I’ve been reading Calvin and Hobbes since I was nine. I’ve read all the comics, though I unfortunately had to leave most of my books behind when I moved.

My favorite comics are the ones where Calvin creates some snowman house of horrors.

Sorry, I’m new to the forums. How do I insert an image of a comic in here?

4 hours ago, FriarFritz said:

Which of Calvin's personas is your favorite?

Reveal hidden contents

Tracer Bullet all the way!

o61k3nhewi221.jpg.456c5a75b8b20afa5f6a575e82cad113.jpg

There are so many good ones.... Stupendous man? Tracer Bullet? Space man Spiff? I couldn't pick one!

3 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

Tracer Bullet, for sure :).

I’ll join the club. I’ve been reading Calvin and Hobbes since I was nine. I’ve read all the comics, though I unfortunately had to leave most of my books behind when I moved.

My favorite comics are the ones where Calvin creates some snowman house of horrors.

Sorry, I’m new to the forums. How do I insert an image of a comic in here?

You can copy one in...

Or just click the choose files... button, which will allow you to upload from your device.

Tracer Bullet is one of my favourite of Calvin's personas. But I love them all. 

I went to a party on the weekend, and somehow the topic got to childhood books.While we were talking one of the guys there stands up and announces to everyone, "If anyone is wanting to give me a Christmas gift this year, I want the Calvin and Hobbes Complete Collection."  Xp