book 2

The current plan is Eventually, but 2022 or later.  As of the 2019 State of Sanderson:

ELANTRIS, WARBREAKER, THE RITHMATIST

No updates from last year, I’m afraid. There was no intention to make progress on these this year. Once Alcatraz is wrapped up, I’ll turn my attention back to The Rithmatist as the last looming series that needs a wrapup that hasn’t gotten one. Elantris and Warbreaker sequels aren’t to be expected until Stormlight Five and Wax and Wayne Four are done.

I know a lot of you keep waiting on Rithmatist news, and I feel bad having to give you the same news every year. (Yes, that paragraph above is the same one I put in the State of the Sanderson last year.) But the truth is, I really can’t work on this until at the very least Alcatraz is finished.

A glimmer of light for you Rithmatist fans is this: my son just read the book, and he’s joined the crowd calling for me to do a sequel. So you have an in-house representative.

PART EIGHT: PROJECTED SCHEDULE OF RELEASES

• The Original audio novella: 2020
  • Stormlight Four: Fall 2020
  • Skyward Three: Summer(?) 2021
  • Wax and Wayne Four: Fall(?) 2021
  • Alcatraz 6: 2021–2022
  • Dark One Graphic Novel: 2021–2022
  • Skyward Four (final book): 2022
  • Stormlight Five: Fall 2023

Edited by Quantus

1 hour ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

STORMS, NO! I NEED THE NEXT BOOK! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good news is that Alcatraz is finished and is slated for an early 2021 release! Maybe he'll have time to write Rithmatist 2 in-between or after Skyward 4 and Wax & Wayne 4, since those are smaller books...?

I can almost see it...Brandon starts Wax & Wayne 4 on Jan 1, finishes up The Apocalypse Guard as a slight break, writes Skyward 4, and then ends the year with The Rithmatist 2/The Atzlanian...now when I type that out, I'm not sure he'd have time to do all of that in the drafts needed, but who knows...

7 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

The good news is that Alcatraz is finished and is slated for an early 2021 release! Maybe he'll have time to write Rithmatist 2 in-between or after Skyward 4 and Wax & Wayne 4, since those are smaller books...?

I can almost see it...Brandon starts Wax & Wayne 4 on Jan 1, finishes up The Apocalypse Guard as a slight break, writes Skyward 4, and then ends the year with The Rithmatist 2/The Atzlanian...

Amen