Sazed and combining the Shards

ima willshaper

I remember reading a theory a while ago (I don't remember who said it and I can't find it, so if you came up with this, I'm sorry for appropriating your theory) that Hoid's whole goal is to unite the Shards back into one person/thing. Again, I tried to find the post where I saw this originally but I can't, so if someone knows where it is and could point me back to it that would be awesome.

Anyway, I kind of had a random thought that maybe Sazed could be the guy who gets all 16 shards. He was the prophesied Hero of Ages on Scadrial -- what if that prophecy extends to make him the Hero for the entire cosmere? As far as I know he's the only person to ever hold more than one shard at one time other than Adonalsium, so it would make sense for him to be the one fated to take all of them into him, and he would honestly be the best new Adonalsium ever. Anyway, this isn't a super fleshed-out theory but I just thought I'd see what everyone else thinks about this.

On 10/1/2020 at 11:59 PM, Aspiring Writer said:

I remember seeing a thread about this, too, but I also remember reading that is Sazed absorbed another Shard, it could have dangerous consequences. Also, what about splintered Shards? Can they even be absorbed?

Chaos

Is Splintering a Shard permanent?

Brandon Sanderson

No.

17th Shard Forum Q&A (Sept. 25, 2012)

On 10/2/2020 at 10:00 PM, Halyo_Alex said:

I feel like Cultivation would be a good shard for Sazed.

6 hours ago, ima willshaper said:

Yay so it's possible! @Halyo_Alex I also think Cultivation would be great for him and I really like the idea of Sazed ruling the Cosmere.

Cultivation would probably be the best for Sazed, it would be a perfect balance for the two he has. Also, a thought I had recently is Sazed is the closest the Cosmere has to the view of the Abrahamic God. Working in mysterious ways but allowing free will. I wonder if that might be part of Brandon's idea for Sazed.