What Happened in Edmonton (Reboot!)

breakingamber

Moonglow-finished.png.40aefdd4e43ab9058b26936ebd43aa7a.png

"My name is Moonglow," she told him. "As for where I'm going? I'll be searching around this area for them until I can get enforcement gathered in this area." And if they don't arrive soon, she thought to herself, I'll be executing some of them as a warning against sheer incompetence. She normally preferred to avoid big punishments like those, because of how they could set people up against her, especially with her power base not properly secured, but for things like these she was more than willing to make an exception.

At that moment a girl suddenly appeared behind Eidolon though, and somehow he fell towards the ground. She wasn't entirely certain, but it was pretty clear the girl had been responsible for it. Bad idea, she thought. Trying to throw the flyer of the building would just piss them off.

As expected Eidolon quickly returned and Moonglow frowned as the girl made the letters appear. And then she frowned again when somehow a copy of Eidolon appeared, grabbing her and starting to cut her wrist, though for some reason he didn't kill her, which showed some remarkable self-constraint.

In response to the girl's question she simply sighed. "You know someone is quite close to just deciding to kill you, right?" She asked in an exasperated tone. "Anyway, I'm trying to deal with some monsters from Depravity, so I request you two take your fight or whatever out of this area, maybe go bother Pariah or the government."

laplace-finished.png.c24af90ebf1fa47f2692c965d508870f.png

Of course they wouldn't know, Laplace thought, slightly annoyed. Then again, this situation was so messed up that it wasn't any surprise, to be honest. "I understand," she said instead. "It isn't too surprising anyway, given that you've apparently skipped over at least six months, if you don't remember doing anything after the meeting aside from ending up here. However, if you do remember anything about it, I'd highly appreciate it if you'd be willing to tell me."

Edited by kenod

Cryo Chapter] Captain Kaeya - Genshin Impact - Official Community

"You know someone is quite close to just deciding to kill you, right? Anyway, I'm trying to deal with some monsters from Depravity, so I request you two take your fight or whatever out of this area, maybe go bother Pariah or the government."  The person says, whose name was Moonglow. 

A mischievous idea crosses her mind. She pulls off her backpack and fishes out a mobile. sparks. it is half crumpled and has a spider web of cracks on the screen. Idiot person that decided to blow up that building, but whatever. She repairs it using her powers, before realizing that there was better options, and returns it in her backpack. 

Probably wouldn't get the reference, Cy thinks, then sighs. 

"you should probably know that I don't take requests, even though I have nothing better to do." She says stubbornly. "And he can't kill me, you know because I can achieve greatness and he can't."

Just to show her point, she creates a round floating target and a golf ball with the name 'you' above it and makes it move towards the target thing, and miss. Then she creates a golf ball with the name above it 'Cy' and makes it hit the target, and make golden confetti and bubble letters that say 'CY achieved greatness!'

"I told you right?" Cy says innocently.

Edited by Exotwo

5fd52db86329f_warlockheader22.jpg.172455bc9277f8c890ffc2005413f88b.jpg

Warlock leans back in his chair, watching the security feed from Sector 12, a Libertas. A few people can be seen on the hidden camera. Security was normally patrolled by Monument, but there were a few areas where he was blind, and instead hidden cameras took their place. Of course, there were cameras in the place where the monuments were set up too. 

Someone knocks on the doorframe before stepping into the room. Warlock stands. It’s Plainherder, a new minor Epic that the AHE picked up on the way to Edmonton. Plainherder had risen quickly in the AHE standings and Warlock is considering using Plainherder as his personal assistant.

“Yes?” Warlock asks.

Plainherder takes a deep breath. “Sir, I think an assumer Epic recently entered the city. He’s from my hometown.”

“And that’s a problem?”

“Yes sir. I thought I had killed him back in Senlac but it seems I didn’t or he is a High Epic.”

“Where did you see him?” Warlock sits back down in the swivel chair and turns to the security feeds again.

“Zyth was spotted with another Epic, sir. The rainbow one.”

Warlock flips through the feeds. “Is that him?”

“Yes sir.”

“Good,” Warlock leans back in his chair. “I’ll deal with him. An assumer you say? Hmmm.”

“I believe he is a danger to the AHE, sir,” Plainherder says.

Warlock nods. “I’ll deal with them personally.”

“Thank you, sir,” Plainherder leaves, and Warlock glances at the feed that shows the rainbow Epic and the assumer. This will get very interesting.

Warlock pulls out his mobile and texts Duality, Away from HQ looking into possible assumer.

Any possible assumers would greatly benefit the AHE and Duality should be willing to risk her second-in-command for it. Duality responds after a minute. Cleared.

Warlock smiles. Time to hunt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1 of @Exotwo and @Not an Ookla collab.

Ally immediately regretted that she ditched Zyth. She finds him, grabs his arm and drags him down the street all while saying, “You need a gun.” “As long as there are NO rainbows, fine,” Zyth replies. “I’m new to Edmonton so I have no idea where to look.”

“So where is the nearest gun place?”

“I just said I’m new to the city and have no idea where anything is!”

“Whoa, don’t freak out, I think there is one nearby. ”

He looks around. “I don’t see one.”

“Is this a gun shop?” she points at the farthest shop

Zyth squints at the sign. “That says ‘Pet Food Here!’”!

“R-e-m-e-m-b-e-r that I can’t read anything, right?”

“Never told be that.” Zyth replies. “I do think that the shop with a sign that says ‘Non-Illegal Guns & Ammo’ might be the right one.”

“I suffer when it comes to reading.” she says.

Edited by Not an Ookla

The pair enters the Non-Illegal Guns & Ammo shop. Zyth looks around while Ally attempts to graffiti a sniper rifle rainbow. The shop owner wisely doesn’t say anything while his gun is being used as a canvas.

“Find one yet?” Ally asks.

“No.”

There’s a pause. “What about now?” Ally asks again after about a second.

“NO.” Zyth examines one of the rifles. He calls over the shop owner. “What’s this one?”

The shop owner nervously comes over. “That’s a M16A3.”

“Still none?” Ally calls from the now rainbow back of the store.

Zyth ignores her. “And this one?”

“M16A4, sir.”

“Which would you recommend?” 

“Uh,” The shop owner sneaks a glance at Ally. “Er, the M231 shoots 1225 RPM,and the HK416 shoots 850 RPM. You might want to try just a plain AK12, sir.”

“You have one yet?” Ally yells impatiently from the back of the store.

“Can I try one?” Zyth asks, picking up the AK103.

“Yes, sir,” The shop owner shows Zyth the shooting range. “You do need to pay for the ammo.”

“ I think I found a person to kill if you want to!” Ally says from down an alley

“Ally, would you please SHUT UP?!” Zyth yells at her. He turns back to the terrified owner. “Is there a smaller one I could try?”

“Being annoying is my specialty” Ally says, but then doesn’t say anything else

The owner picks up a M1911. “Best one I have for you, sir. M1911”

“Thank you,” Zyth says. “I’ll take the M1911 and the AK103, please.”

“Of course, that will cost you…” The shop owner looks at Ally. “I guess you can take them free.”

“And the ammo?” 

About 10 minutes later, Zyth and Ally exit the shop; Zyth with his shiny new M1911 and partially-rainbow AK103. Ally walks up to a random passerby. She points to them. “You should really try it once in a while...” Ally says.

“What?!” Zyth exclaims. “No!”

“Yes!” Ally exclaims happily 

Zyth pulls Ally away from the person. “I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience.”

(@Fallapede the random person is Eliza)

Eliza steps into the city proper, trying not to gag at the stench. The reek of Epic is even thicker inside than it was before. As she wanders farther into Edmonton, she happens across two strangers, large guns in tow. They both have the smell of Epic on them, though the larger one certainly doesn't look the part. She itches to take them down while she still has the element of surprise, but she knows in the back of her head that that's likely to be unsuccesful, if not lethal. The smaller one pulls up to her, and she has to bite down on the inside of her cheek to keep herself focused. She settles for growling "Keep those guns away from me," at the tall one. Maybe that'll scare them off, let her calm down a little. Maybe she'll get to blow off some steam.

Another @Exotwo and @Not an Ookla collab, part 1.

Duality walks down the street of 118 Ave. She turns into a corner and enters an industrial building. An Epic. Standing there. She sets up a forcefield. A Klandicairic, the more bubbly one. She’d come up with these names, wandering around her house in the faint glow of her fields.

Duality turns a corner to see a bunch of annoying Maples running away from what appears to be an exploded building. She frowns, moving to investigate.

It doesn’t make her long to find the Epic who undoubtedly caused the damage. The Epic is causing more havoc by… throwing pebbles at Maples? As she watches, Duality realizes that these aren’t normal pebbles. The Epic has done something to them to make them explode.

Duality carefully conjures the forcefield. 

“Explosion epic in the Blindus zone, Monument,” she says to her mobile.

Ah, I see them, Duality receives from Monument’s mobile.

Monument was a field Epic that was the holder of the territory for the AHE. He had the power to create buff zones and have a surveillance over them. The AHE, on the other hand, was an organization that had multiple high epics. Plainherder, who was a powerful epic when it came to food and annoyance and herding maples. There was Skytaker, who was an air manipulation High Epic, who is now with Duality to go negotiate with the explosion Epic. Then there was Warlock, who was the prime when it came to killing. And of course, Duality herself with her forcefields and an insanely mastered power.

“Who are you.” Duality says, approaching the explosion Epic.

Cataclysm spins as a forcefield appears in front of him. He tenses, but doesn’t throw a super-charged pebble. Last time he tried that with a forcefield Epic it did not work out well. For the forcefield Epic, at least, although it did hurt him.

He casually tosses the charged pebble over his shoulder instead, careful to not hit the forcefield and have it rebound on him. “I’m Cataclysm. Was there something you wanted?”

Shouts echo from behind him as the super-charged pebble explodes.

“Yes. I want you to join the Association of High Epics,” The forcefield Epic says.

So straightforward. Cataclysm frowns. “No.”

Then Cataclysm strolls away. Until another forcefield appears in his face.

Edited by Not an Ookla

Part two of the Duality collab

“Yes. This is my territory and my land and so my rules,” Duality says, dismissing the forcefield. 

“I didn’t see a sign,” the explosion Epic replies, looking around exaggeratingly.

Duality crosses her arms. If this is how the Epic wants to play, so be it. “It was in that building you blew up.”

“Not my fault,” the Epic says with a grin.

Ok, this is a crazy Epic, Duality thinks. Out loud she says, “Look, I’m offering you a top position in the Association of High Epics. We’re new to the city and are looking for more members.”

“I’ll pass.”

“A chance to do something?” Duality presses. “You can destroy some stuff too.”

“Eh.”

She sighs. “Fine then, I guess I’ll have to kill you. You’re on my territory.”

The Epic leans forward, looking excited. “Good luck with that.”

“Skytaker?” Duality calls.

“Yes, Duality?” Skytaker asks, flying out from behind a building.

Duality points at the Epic. “Kill him for me, please.”

“What, can’t do the dirty work yourself?” The Epic taunts.

“Unfortunately, I tend to make a mess,” Duality replies. “Skytaker can just compress you into nothingness.”

She pauses. “You have thirty seconds to decide. Before I get Skytaker to kill you.”

Cataclysm makes a show of considering. “Hmm.”

“Twenty.”

He carefully slides his lighter into his hand.

“Ten.”

“Fine,” Cataclysm says. “I’ll join your pathetic party.”

Then he smiles. “Not.”

He leaps forward, tackling Duality. He flips the switch on the lighter and manipulates the flame into his hand, shoving it into Duality’s face.

That was his plan but that didn’t exactly work. The entire flame disappeared.

Stupid air Epic! Cataclysm thinks, trying to breathe.

Skytaker lands next to Duality and a moment later Cataclysm is trapped in a forcefield. The two Epics glare at him. He grins innocently.
At least I can breathe now.

“Last chance,” Duality says softly. “We could use you.”

Cataclysm thinks fast. There’s no obvious way out of this situation alive. “Fine. For real this time.”

Duality smiles and the forcefield drops away. “Skytaker?”

Edited by Exotwo

neweidolonheader1.png.0993817023787559763e1be70db04ffd.png

Eidolon watches as the words 'Cy ACHIVED GREATNESS!' appear in the sky.

"I can help you with Depravity's monsters," Eidolon says to Moonglow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zyth_header33.png.6769db4089417e51c2b2920c081a2ccd.png

"Keep those guns away from me," The person says. Zyth blinks in surprise. Most people would've just let an obvious pair of Epics do their thing and hope to not die.

An Epic, maybe? Zyth thinks. That's the third one today. He shakes his head. I have such bad luck today.

"Ally, let them go," Zyth says. "No need to terrorize a Maple."

He gives the maybe-Epic a pitying look. If she is really an Epic, she should respond as harshly as before.

Edited by Not an Ookla

Moonglow-finished.png.df364f5da65cb85193a51da70e462296.png

Moonglow actually facepalmed at Cy's behaviour. Either she was a very powerful epic, or an utterly stupid one that either just got their powers or was bizarrely lucky, and the fact that she was currently bleeding from her hand indicated it was probably the stupid option.

"Ugh, sure," she said, in a 'I can't deal with this nonsense' tone. "Just... you two finish up whatever it is you two are trying to do to each other, I still need to deal with that sparking forcefield once I deal with Depravity's stuff, and I'd prefer not to spend time dealing with this too." She thought against aiding one of the two against the other, but she had no clue about either of the two's full powerset, and if she failed to kill the one she tried to get rid of she'd have an angry cape, not to mention what'd happen if they'd kill her.

And of course, there was the fact that she didn't really fancy siding with either of the two.

Eliza gave the tall one an appraising look. Maybe he was something like her, or maybe he just kept the monster better contained than most Epics. Either way, she might be able to learn something from him. "Do you mind if I join you? It's been forever since I've had any company, and walking gets lonely fast. I'm sorry for snapping earlier, it's just... guns and I don't get along well." Maybe if I hang around them long enough, I can figure out their weaknesses, she thinks. I just need to hope I can play pretend long enough.

Cryo Chapter] Captain Kaeya - Genshin Impact - Official Community

Cy pulled out a syringe while the woman started speaking. she jabed into herself and healed herself, then tossed the syringe onto the ground where it disappeared.

Damn, if this woman wants me to go, I'll go away and leave them in my dust. Cy thought, Nah, I'll stay for now. Quite lame too.

"If I wanted to kill this guy, he'd be dead by now." Cy says. "And if you oh-so badly want me to leave, I'll be gone in a second." 

She pulled out the knife out of her hoodie pocket and transformed it into a sword that was easily half a meter long. The sword was white at the tip of the blade which slowly turned into a teal at the bottom of the blade while the crossguard was a nice dark grey, with a gradual curve upwards. The hilt was a deep brown wrapping that feels nice and grippy. she grips it and angles it downwards away from her body. 

"Gonna have to remember how to make this." She says, flipping the sword over while speaking. "Anyways, you'll lose if you try to fight me, cause I'm awesome."

Then Cy did something Katherine would do. She summoned a bright light in the distance, getting brighter, until everything was white, then she created a tunnel that led her to a random location in Edmonton. But before that, she left one gift behind.

There is no building here, she thought before stepping through the tunnel.

Cy opened her eyes, she was outside a purple area, probably the one Moonglow had mentioned. Whatever. It couldn't affect her anyways so what's better than a nice adventure on a perfectly normal day. 

It'll be fun to see who lives here.

@AmazingGoob@kenod, @Not an Ookla)

Ally watches as person-who-wanted-to-die speaks about wanting to come with them. they look as if they have wild thoughts, or thoughts they would rather not say.

Just one question first.

"Whoa there, you have to tell us whether you like rainbows." Ally says, then thought of Zyth. "And what your name is."

@Fallapede

"What kind of monster doesn't like rainbows? My name's Eliza, but you two'd better tell me yours, too. Fair play and all that." It's disturbing to think that the thing before her was once a child, but Eliza does her best to keep a level voice. She can wait. She has to wait.

"My name is Ally and this is Zyth" She says to Eliza.

Time to expose her.

"w-h-a-t-c-h-a waiting for? A donut shop?" Ally says and remembering Zyth again, she continues "I have D-y-s-l-e-x-i-a, in case you didn't know, and zyth here has a gun. And what you mean by 'what kinda monster doesn't like rainbows?'"

looks like an interesting person.

@Fallapede

"Yes, I practice nearly everyday." Ally says "If you have poor choice of words, I guess I have poor life choices. Whatever. Anyways, you have a goal of any kind? And what's on that mind of yours?"

This is gonna be interesting.

@Fallapede

Edited by Exotwo
Tagging

neweidolonheader1.png.e4a1ce6234dd468c6acdd38d2e826c81.png

"Just... you two finish up whatever it is you two are trying to do to each other, I still need to deal with that sparking forcefield once I deal with Depravity's stuff, and I'd prefer not to spend time dealing with this too," Moonglow says.

Cy says something but Eidolon ignores it, noticing the building disappear. He sends Moonglow with him to the spirit realm.

"We are not doing anything," Eidolon replies. He thinks for a moment before adding, "I can check the forcefield for you."

zyth_header33.png.2961bc8c327af2020a73fc577a363818.png

While Ally and Eliza talk, Zyth gets his first real look at Edmonton. It's not exactly... nice anymore. Not very appealing to look at. Actually, there's really no point to look at Edmonton so he turns back to the conversation. 

"I don't know about a goal, but food would be good. I'm getting low on rations, and an actual meal would be nice. Do you know anywhere near here with food?" Eliza asks.

"That's where we're headed," Zyth replies. Then he decides to cut straight to the point. "What's your Epic abilities?"

Edited by Not an Ookla

Blockade.jpg.90da96b973d8c4320af052730adf7dbd.jpg

Blockade soared.

The sky was usually - okay, always - Gyroto's domain. His abilities let him bend that domain, as they did many others. Instead of flying with grace, Blockade alternated stepping left and right, essentially climbing a slippery staircase that was summoned beneath his feet. Up this close to the edge of the forcefield, everything glowed the same cyan that his shirt was. It didn't look that different, honestly. But there was always the part of Blockade that was so impressed that this was his power, his control, his creation.

His creation moved. A ripple across its surface, scattering the light.

What.

Blockade looked almost directly down, through the field. It appeared he'd arrived, and there was a girl outside the field. Tapping it... somehow with enough force to ripple up to... how high was he? Gyroto stood there, looking conflicted. Figured. He was weak. His power didn't give him the sight that Blockade's did.

Part of him knew that was too far. Most of him didn't care. 

Blockade slammed a palm to the field, stilling its ripples with a thought. Then he moved. Dropping the two fields that served as his steps, he fell straight down, hurtling toward the ground, summoning more fields to augment his glowing armor. Including two large fields under his feet.

He hit the ground, right across from the girl. The twin fields shattered, releasing a pulse of energy that cracked the pavement and stopped most of his momentum. His personal field took care of the rest. He didn't wait to see her reaction, although he did see Gyroto flinch slightly even with that helmet of his. He could probably tell how angry he was.

Blockade outlined a sphere in his mind, then waved a palm, encasing both in a field. Then he held up a finger, and went to go look for the nearest overlap point.

@Exotwo

17 hours ago, Exotwo said:

Cy opened her eyes, she was outside a purple area, probably the one Moonglow had mentioned. Whatever. It couldn't affect her anyways so what's better than a nice adventure on a perfectly normal day. 

It'll be fun to see who lives here.

As you walk into the purple, pulsing city, everything is silence. Despite the... "living" flesh making up everything around you, it simply feels... dead. 
=============================
@kenod
Despite your searching, and despite the fact that your prey were large, purple monsters, there is no sign of them in your territory. They must of ran back to their master, into that purple wasteland of Depravity's. 

Moonglow-finished.png.df364f5da65cb85193a51da70e462296.png

Moonglow watched as the girl disappeared and the building vanished, and blinked in surprise. She blinked again when Eidolon did something, which made her sense of touch suddenly vanish. "First of all, maybe explain what you just did?" She asked, somehow still calm. The only two reasons she didn't already fire at Eidolon was because she wasn't certain if he could defend against it, which would defeat the purpose, and because be might still be useful somehow.

Edited by kenod

"I ain't no Epic. If I were, you think I'd have bothered talkin' to ya? I've seen what they do to people who look at 'em wrong, let alone point a gun in their direction.  Place I come from... it ain't there anymore. So I ain't so afraid of just guns, if ya understand me. Might as well call you and little miss rainbow Epics, while you're at it." This one's smart. I'll have to be more careful around him. Take him out first, if I can. "Now, where was it you said you were headed?"

5fd515ef8425c_warlockheader22.jpg.f4c005514bf2194f0ca34230ce9103e2.jpg

Warlock arrives where the supposed assumer is just in time to hear one of them say, "...said you were headed?"

"Yes, where are you headed?" Warlock says, approaching the group. He glances at the one who is supposedly an assumer.

zyth_header33.png.322e83cc6dd0f795ef90facf9ca89d29.png

Another Epic? Zyth has really bad luck today. The newcomer step closer to the group, his three odd glowing orbs floating behind him.

"We're going to find some food," Zyth tells the Epic. "And who are you?"

"Warlock, second-in-command to Duality who is the leader of the AHE," Warlock replies.

"Never heard of the AHE."

"We're new to town," Warlock admits. "And we're looking to recruit."

An Epic looking to recruit... Ally? It can't be Zyth since he isn't an Epic, but it could be Eliza Warlock is here for... Strange, Zyth thinks. He looks at Ally and Eliza before turning back to Warlock. "That's not my call."

Warlock sighs. "No, no, no. I'm here to recruit you." He pauses. "I do believe introduction are in order?"

Zyth just stares at him. What? I'm not an Epic!

neweidolonheader1.png.fbc237781ef3ac9e8afffc457643ed53.png

Moonglow seemed slightly surprised to see the building disappear and a slight bit more surprised to see that they were not in the real world. "First of all, maybe explain what you did?" Moonglow asks.

"I sent us to the spirit world," Eidolon responds. The building reappears suddenly, surprising him. After a moment, he takes both of them back to the normal world, landing on top of the building.

imageproxy.jpg

Cy walks down a Purple corridor that feels vagally dead, yet alive. a silent wasteland, but it could use like a lot more color. yes maybe red? or green? She quickly alters the fleshy thingamajig to these colors, before deciding it is more fitting for a grey tone. 

Man, things are uneventful here. At least for where Katherine used live. 

"Yo does no one live here?" She nears a school that isn't corrupted. "Hello? Anyone here?"

She pulls out a sword practising conjuring it a few times while she waits.

If no one comes, at least I discovered a corrupt area that is awesome.

here.png.30ae17bf44b0824fc6fcdda1a1c34ca7.png

Kaia was just about to ask the guy to fix the sphere thing when this guy falls from the sky and makes the other guy flinch. and then he makes a nice teal bagel around her.

banana land mines. I knew it. Kaia thinks. And this man is like a raging wirlwind of ultimate construction. Meh, banana land mines is 3 way salt to a slugish apple pie.

"Does he rage like a tree-beastlord all the kenos?" Kaia asks. "And why is he just so pretzel pedestal Argon telepathicy? And who peel net? Er wha-pentagon?" 
And when will this thing go away? by the time I go un-mental. 

"sorry. I mean that guy is supa angery." Kaia says, unaware of the lack of grammar.

Aly header

"Hello? You have an group? You are very weird and dumb." Ally says aggressively. "And imma epic too."
hate em' already.

"ya like rainbows?" Ally says, nearly giggling about the weird accent.

@AmazingGoob, @Ookla Fell From The Sky, @Not an Ookla,

plainherderheader2.png.d6cac8b60e9e85de9674f93b80c53b3f.png

Plainherder watches Zyth from the shadows.

5fd51c37d27a6_warlockheader22.jpg.5e3143929ee2c7df9c56eedbaab2ba25.jpg

"Hello? You have an group? You are very weird and dumb." One of them says aggressively, taking Warlock by surprise. "And imma epic too. Ya like rainbows?"

Warlock reassess his situation. He could ignore the rainbow Epic and continue talking to the assumer, but the rainbow Epic seems like the type to just interrupt and then Warlock might have to kill her. He decides to address the rainbow Epic's question.

"I prefer purple and black to rainbows," Warlock says to the rainbow Epic, ignoring her other statements. He looks at all of them. "The AHE is recruiting any Epics, especially High Epics. Please consider joining. We are located to the west."