Will we learn about hesina’s parents?

Valigus

So we know hesina has something important going on likely to do with her parents.

1. She had fallen significantly in social status since her childhood 

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/61/#e1335

2. Both of her parents are not darkeyed meaning at least one of them is a lighteyes or foreigner

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/324/#e9290

3. Kaladin is related to the former queen presumably through his mother

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/360/#e10909

4. on top of that kaladin could have potentially managed to get married to laral and she is far far above him in social standing, even with kal being high ranking and their fathers being friends it’s still a bit too big of a gap without other reasons.

so is it unreasonable to think it possible that someone at Urithiru May recognize hesina or that she will know people there?

even if she was onlt related to some people of middling importance she would surly still know someone there.

now we really don’t know enough information to judge who would recognize or know her but i think we can try and judge if someone would.

(my really really crackpot theory/ hope is that she is sebarial and Palona’s daughter, this is almost certainly not true but still)

Well, since Kaladin's father already got his own PoV this book in which we see a distance grow between them and it looks like Kaladin's issues are finally getting to him, it's possible that this particular plot point could tie these two things together and potentially help resolve them, with Kaladin getting closer to his family and helping provide him with some emotional stability.

2 hours ago, Honorless said:

Well, since Kaladin's father already got his own PoV this book in which we see a distance grow between them and it looks like Kaladin's issues are finally getting to him, it's possible that this particular plot point could tie these two things together and potentially help resolve them, with Kaladin getting closer to his family and helping provide him with some emotional stability.

This sounds like it may be possible, I also suspect that kaladins mother may be A very capable politician if she put her mind to it and seeing as kaladin gave her or something Returned to her a social status to allow that it could be interesting to see this.

maybe we get her verbally sparring with shallan or jasnah

Edited by Valigus

20 hours ago, Valigus said:

2. Both of her parents are not darkeyed meaning at least one of them is a lighteyes or foreigner

Check out what he actually says:

Questioner

Are both of Kaladin's maternal... grandparents darkeyes?

Brandon Sanderson

No. Good question. I think you're the first one to pull that out of me...

There's one question, or two questions in [the signing line], that I know are driving your brains crazy, that are not as clear-cut in my answers as you might assume they are. One is about Kaladin's mother.

This is some Aes Sedai truth, right here. All this means is that both of her parents are not darkeyed. Have you accounted for all the possibilities of what could make someone "not darkeyed?" I think there's something else hiding here. Are people from other planets darkeyed? Are no foreigners darkeyed? Is there anything you can be besides darkeyed and lighteyed?

9 minutes ago, Rainier said:

Check out what he actually says:

This is some Aes Sedai truth, right here. All this means is that both of her parents are not darkeyed. Have you accounted for all the possibilities of what could make someone "not darkeyed?" I think there's something else hiding here. Are people from other planets darkeyed? Are no foreigners darkeyed? Is there anything you can be besides darkeyed and lighteyed?

I think people from other planets are foreigners but I guess they could be heterochromatic that’s the only one I didn’t account for, other then maybe a herald or something.

“When you get to Kharbranth, stay there.” His voice was slurred. “Don’t get sucked back to this tiny, backward, foolish town. Don’t force your beautiful wife to live away from everyone else she’s ever known or loved.”

Sanderson, Brandon. The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, Book 1) (p. 480). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition. 

I took this to imply that Hesina was originally from Kharbranth.  It wouldn't be much of a stress to wonder if Hesina was an unacknowledged bastard of Taravangian.

51 minutes ago, Subvisual Haze said:

I took this to imply that Hesina was originally from Kharbranth.  It wouldn't be much of a stress to wonder if Hesina was an unacknowledged bastard of Taravangian.

Maybe but the one problem I have with this is lirin supposedly went as a messenger which I feel like means he couldn’t have been there long enough to court hesina but I could be wrong