Star's Inktober 2020 Thread

Zephrun’s Imperium

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
5 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Well, folks. We made it. Day 31, Crawl, featuring Star and her youngest daughter. I got a great progression for this one. ^_^

IMG_0631.jpg.3242e2fea30c8eef543f1eec3572bdf7.jpg

5f9cd8bd90b11_CrawlProgression.thumb.png.21ce2dbbcf5199b42dfb6fa8cccc5624.png

I'll be honest, I was really happy with this and then I sent it to a friend and I know he wasn't trying to be mean, but he critiqued it and it really hurt so I have a hard time seeing good things about this drawing. :( All I can see is that Star's eyes are way too far apart, both her and Pearl's hair are too dark, her eyes are too big, her arm is a little wonky, her lips are too small, and her nose is too round. 

But that's just no good to focus on that. My favorite thing about this drawing... nearly eclipses all of that. The color. I didn't start coloring my drawings until just, what, 8 months ago? It is ridiculous how much that adds to my art. I don't think I can possibly express to all of you what my art journey has been like this last year. The amount of progress I've made is mind blowing and I just wish that I could go back in time to my 11 year old self so that I could show her all the wonderful things she would accomplish. Since COVID started I've had cycles of depression and my anxiety has gotten much worse, to the point that I'm having one or two panic attacks every week. My art has helped keep me going. Guys, this time in history sucks. But I think that when I look back at this in another 4 years, it will be in fondness. Shards, I am crying. I told y'all I was gonna cry when I wrote this, I knew it would happen. :D 

Anyway, I hope my art has been a bright spot for you you guys during this crappy time. I know a lot of people are scared of Inktober because of artistic burn out, but for me, the art really, really keeps me going. It helps that I have people who are eager to see that art that I make. So thank you, everyone. :wub: 

All my love. 

- Shard of Thought

Pearl is probably my favorite part and her lips are not too small she's just chubby :)