Hi, new here, did I post this right?

Chasmgoat

I am kind of nervous doing my first post. I have been a sanderfan for a while. I was looking around the forums and notice something called Sanderson elimination. I could not find any information about what it is. I was wondering if you guys could tell me. Thank you.

Welcome to the shard! Sanderson elimination is mafia, Sanderson style! If you don't know what mafia is, it's a game with many variations, but the main concept is trying to root out the mafia from the village, and the mafia trying to kill the village before they get out. That's kind of an interesting explanation, but here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

1 minute ago, Hentient said:

Hello! You absolutely posted this right. Sanderson Elimination (as far as I know) is a Cosmere version of Mafia, but I don't play it so I'm not quite sure how it works. Anyway, Welcome!! whats your favorite Sanderson book? 

My favorite is Hero of Ages, mainly because of the tension it builds

39 minutes ago, Boomer1018 said:

I am kind of nervous doing my first post. I have been a sanderfan for a while. I was looking around the forums and notice something called Sanderson elimination. I could not find any information about what it is. I was wondering if you guys could tell me. Thank you.

Hello, friend! Welcome to the shard! What's your favorite Sanderson book?

Edit: A-hah, oops, somebody already asked that. What is your favorite magic system outside of the Cosmere or anything Sanderson?

Edited by Scarletfox

3 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Hello, friend! Welcome to the shard! What's your favorite Sanderson book?

Edit: A-hah, oops, somebody already asked that. What is your favorite magic system outside of the Cosmere or anything Sanderson?

I have not found very good fantasy books that are not Sanderson's. The ones I do read don't even have developed magic systems. I would have to say that I do not have one. Do you recommend any fantasy books?

6 minutes ago, Boomer1018 said:

I have not found very good fantasy books that are not Sanderson's. The ones I do read don't even have developed magic systems. I would have to say that I do not have one. Do you recommend any fantasy books?

I have a similar problem. I did find Marissa Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles to be a fascinating series, although the magic system wasn't that keenly developed. Brandon Sanderson was my first real look into good world building-- I haven't yet found an author that is even in his league, so... I get your problem for sure.

I know this isn't a book, but I personally really liked the Avatar: the Last Airbender magic system. I guess also... storms. Here I thought I was a reader and now I can't think of any good fantasy books beyond sando's, ahaha :P

Ooh, also, try not to double post

Edited by Scarletfox

7 minutes ago, Vapor said:

I personally would reccomend Keeper of the Lost Cities.

Oh, I've heard that's good, though I haven't read them yet... shall I add them to the list? Hehehe...

EEP! The second I opened my library's website I just got slapped with all these message about overdue books... eheh

Edited by Scarletfox

2 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Oh, I've heard that's good, though I haven't read them yet... shall I add them to the list? Hehehe...

EEP! The second I opened my library's website I just got slapped with all these message about overdue books... eheh

Yeah, you should add them. Although once you start, keep me updated on who you ship. Condensation and I are arguing about which is better, Fitzphie or Keephie.

3 hours ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard! Haha, we're all nerds here, no need to be nervous. Hey do you mind saying the phrase, "my life to yours, my breath become yours"?

Haha nice try! 
@Boomer1018 do not say it to Hon, say it to me! 
Welcome to the shard! I love Brandon’s world building and magic systems 

Though I have read many fantasy series but I really can not say I came across any series which is quite like his. 
I am reading the malazan series though, it is very good but very different writing style to Brandons. 

Edited by The Traveller

Welcome to the Shard! No need to be nervous, we are super happy to have you!

If you have any questions don't be afraid to reach out! Well... not literally... like reach out as in try to connect with someone else.... but not literally connect... like... you know what I think you get it :P

I would have to recommend the Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. First one takes a bit to get invested but I did enjoy them once it got going. Kindof like an Avatar meets world history kinda thing. Not quite as well developed but pretty grand still. Ending always gets me too lol.

Hope to see you around!

2 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

Sorry, I did not these for a while. 

I will not be giving my breath away just so you know.

Also, thank you scout_fox for the book recommendations.

How did you people get started in this community? Did you just jump in and meet people or what?

Welcome! Yes, just jump in, or lurk. We're all nice here. People are happy to help you if you have questions. 

By the way, you can quote multiple people sry once by using the plus button in the left corner of posts.

2 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

Sorry, I did not these for a while. 

I will not be giving my breath away just so you know.

Also, thank you scout_fox for the book recommendations.

How did you people get started in this community? Did you just jump in and meet people or what?

Yeah, pretty much. You can hop in with the theorizing or go over to forum games, just have fun & be nice