Abusing the Inspect Tool

13 minutes ago, turtle said:

Im... not sure what the inspect tool is, though from these pictures I can tell its interesting.

When you right-click on something and choose Inspect, or press Ctrl+Shift+I, or hit F12, it brings up the Inspect console and you can change stuff superficially through it.

Edited by Invocation

Hit F12. You just opened the inspect tool in your browser.

Basically it lets you see the code behind the webpage, and edit it for your local instance. That's how you get the picture of the 9999 reputation. Inspect the spot, make the edit, take the screenshot.

It's also why you should be skeptical of things you see on the internet.

3 minutes ago, McWafy said:

Okay, it just I see a bunch of code & stuff and I am like, "wutz dis mean?"

If you put your mouse on something, it'll highlight it on your screen. If it has an arrow beside it, you can expand it into the parts, then expand what's in there. If you see text in the line that matches up with the portion of it that's in the bit you're selecting, you can double-click it and change it.

11 minutes ago, Invocation said:

If you put your mouse on something, it'll highlight it on your screen. If it has an arrow beside it, you can expand it into the parts, then expand what's in there. If you see text in the line that matches up with the portion of it that's in the bit you're selecting, you can double-click it and change it.

Okay. (I think:huh:)

You don't have to bother explaining it to me. its fine. it will save you a lot of pain and suffering where you will find you self saying things along the lines of: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHH!!! WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND! U STORMING IDIOT!!!" :P;)

• 4 months later...