The Fellowship of the Thing - Just the Plot (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

“And what would that be? Despite the fact that you seem bent on killing me and that you seem to have killed a entire nightclub, I’d be down for joining you if you get money for this.” Akii cocked her head, then blinked. “Do you have... singing powers? Cuz I think you just  teleported which is actually pretty cool.”

@Scarletfox

2 hours ago, turtle said:

“And what would that be? Despite the fact that you seem bent on killing me and that you seem to have killed a entire nightclub, I’d be down for joining you if you get money for this.” Akii cocked her head, then blinked. “Do you have... singing powers? Cuz I think you just  teleported which is actually pretty cool.”

@Scarletfox

Rubrum responded, “those things are for me to know, and you to probably never find out.” Rubrum threw both of her daggers at the child.

Akii saw the daggers coming at her and bent them into her satchel, smiling at the new daggers, they where made well though out of an unpure metal. Just as they where going into the bag one of them went out of her control and onto the ground. She shook her head, picking it up and shoving it into her satchel. She was still new a this and small things had never been her specialty. “Two daggers? That’s all?”
 @Scarletfox

Edited by turtle

3 hours ago, turtle said:

Akii saw the daggers coming at her and bent them into her satchel, smiling at the new daggers, they where made well though out of an unpure metal. Just as they where going into the bag one of them went out of her control and onto the ground. She shook her head, picking it up and shoving it into her satchel. She was still new a this and small things had never been her specialty. “Two daggers? That’s all?”
 @Scarletfox

Another thing that should be thought about for Akii, besides that her bending powers should be significantly reduced, is that she's an eleven year old, meaning:

1. She isn't going to be nearly as fast, or strong as her older opponents.
  2. She won't have most of the skills of those who are older than her, Ex: knife throwing, climbing

Unlike a lot of Fantasies suggest eleven year olds, for the most part, are still children.

5 hours ago, turtle said:

@Scarletfox

Rubrum's smile broadened once more. She lived for the challenge, for the hunt.* She reached into her jacket, and laughed in surprise and joy as she pulled out a scythe. It was about a foot taller than her, the wooden staff topped by a chilling obsidian blade. "Shall we make it more?"

*this is somewhat a reference to the short story: 'the most dangerous game', let me know if you've read it

and yes, Rubrum just pulled a full blown scythe out of her cloak

On 9/26/2020 at 5:12 PM, Scarletfox said:

Rubrum's smile broadened once more. She lived for the challenge, for the hunt.* She reached into her jacket, and laughed in surprise and joy as she pulled out a scythe. It was about a foot taller than her, the wooden staff topped by a chilling obsidian blade. "Shall we make it more?"

sorry!

Akii blinked as the woman pulled a scythe out of her cloak, looking unbelievably menacing. "No, I don't really want an obsidian scythe to be in the list of things that almost killed me." And then she bolted, using the tiny amount of speed she had stored up to boost her. She narthbent a wall in between her and the crazy scythe wielding person, though she doubted it would do much good. As she earthbent, she felt the power she was getting from her bracers thinning, though they still had some way to go. My earth bending... it fed of my feruchemy. She stopped bending, continuing to run though the wall would be easy to hop over, even for her.

5 hours ago, turtle said:

Akii blinked as the woman pulled a scythe out of her cloak, looking unbelievably menacing. "No, I don't really want an obsidian scythe to be in the list of things that almost killed me." And then she bolted, using the tiny amount of speed she had stored up to boost her. She narthbent a wall in between her and the crazy scythe wielding person, though she doubted it would do much good. As she earthbent, she felt the power she was getting from her bracers thinning, though they still had some way to go. My earth bending... it fed of my feruchemy. She stopped bending, continuing to run though the wall would be easy to hop over, even for her.

Rubrum tittered when the wall was formed, "Leaving already? But we're having so, much, fun!" Rubrum excitedly leapt onto the wall and sat on the ledge, watching the girl run in her unnaturally fast way for a moment. Rubrum always did like it when people gave her time to rest her legs, it was so kind of them. But back to work. Humming a few notes, Rubrum leaned forward, allowing her weight to pull herself in a plummet toward the ground, but right before she hit, she went right through the rip and found herself falling straight towards Akii. Rubrum reached out, and came slamming down on the girl from above.

"Thanks," Rubrum wheezed at the girl as she rolled off. She stood up, and swung the scythe towards the girl's right leg.

Akii yelped, though somehow she survived being crushed. Akii jumped, dodging the blow to her leg. She couldn't outrun this person and she doubted she could beat her. She finally had a guess t what the inheritance was, though she hated the idea of her father owning anything like that. It must have been stolen. Akii suddenly realized she wasn't even going towards Elendel, instead going toward the sea. Despite that, Akii ran, not really wanting to die. 

9 hours ago, turtle said:

Akii yelped, though somehow she survived being crushed. Akii jumped, dodging the blow to her leg. She couldn't outrun this person and she doubted she could beat her. She finally had a guess t what the inheritance was, though she hated the idea of her father owning anything like that. It must have been stolen. Akii suddenly realized she wasn't even going towards Elendel, instead going toward the sea. Despite that, Akii ran, not really wanting to die. 

Rubrum's smile did not waver, she had all the time in the world to play with this mortal, this was much more fun than the extraction methods she had gotten used to. Rubrum stood, pulled out another dagger to hold with her free hand, hummed, and stepped through directly in front of Akii's path. Rubrum let Akii run right into the knife, stabbing on the right side again, quite near where the last wound was, but this time, Rubrum twisted the knife almost immediately after entry. 

41 minutes ago, turtle said:

Akii gasped, falling to her knees. What was she going to do? What could she do? She couldn't outrun this person and couldn't kill her. Could she play dead? She lay on the ground in pain, not knowing what to do.

Rubrum laughed in a way that would have once been considered elegant and heart-warming. Crazy how things change. The pain on this little girl's face was undeniable... so beautiful. Rubrum gave harsh kick to the girl's side with her boot. She hefted the scythe on her shoulder, and swung the sharp pointy part at one of the girl's legs again. 

5 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Rubrum laughed in a way that would have once been considered elegant and heart-warming. Crazy how things change. The pain on this little girl's face was undeniable... so beautiful. Rubrum gave harsh kick to the girl's side with her boot. She hefted the scythe on her shoulder, and swung the sharp pointy part at one of the girl's legs again. 

Akii cried out, forcing herself to talk. "Please." She mumbled, not wanting to die. Suddenly, everything around her, all her senses, became clearer, and the pain became too much to bear. Akii closed her eyes, hoping to feign death. Then, she fell unconscious.

imagine accidentally burning tin while dying from a gut and leg wound. Ouch.

Edited by turtle

On 9/28/2020 at 11:49 AM, Enter a username said:

I have an idea how the "alliance" will start, but I don't know how they'll first meet. 

I was intending to have them confront them as they attacked Scadrial, but they left too quickly for that... and it doesn't seem like they were attacking the Cosmere anyways.

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I was intending to have them confront them as they attacked Scadrial, but they left too quickly for that... and it doesn't seem like they were attacking the Cosmere anyways.

How's about you guys have them meet under an arranged time? Like, Enter's death gang guys are pretty dang well-informed on the Macrosmos, so them knowing about xino's demon king's denizens isn't that far-fetched.

@Enter a username

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

How's about you guys have them meet under an arranged time? Like, Enter's death gang guys are pretty dang well-informed on the Macrosmos, so them knowing about xino's demon king's denizens isn't that far-fetched.

Okay. I'll start drafting something.

On 9/30/2020 at 7:52 AM, elturT said:

Akii cried out, forcing herself to talk. "Please." She mumbled, not wanting to die. Suddenly, everything around her, all her senses, became clearer, and the pain became too much to bear. Akii closed her eyes, hoping to feign death. Then, she fell unconscious.

I'm sorry it took me so long!

Rubrum inhaled deeply at the word that had been released by Akii. Yes, this was truly wonderful, they were so close.

But then, the girl's eyes fluttered close. Oh dear. That wasn't supposed to happen yet. This would be of some value to Rubrum, but it had had so much potential. Rubrum knelt down and felt for a pulse, there was one, though it was faint. That was very strange, Rubrum knew that this hadn't been enough on its own to knock someone out, but pain tolerances did differ. That would be something to note. Rubrum sighed, this was losing some of it's fun, though the sigh was interrupted by a thought and a smile. There was no such thing as a lost cause. 

Putting her scythe away, Rubrum picked up the girl with surprising gentleness. A few words were hummed, and Rubrum stepped through the fabric of space. This situation certainly had regained its potential...