The Fellowship of the Thing - Just the Plot (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

Wasn't that the people that were attacking Scadrial and stole Enter's powers? Or was it like the Death cult or something like that? Sorry, I should have checked

They were called the Curse of Death. I named them after Demise's curse from Skyward Sword.

2 hours ago, turtle said:

If only Akii could see the mists. Most of the town sounded deserted, so she bent her entire area up onto a flat plane.

@Scarletfox

Rubrum grasped the boxes she was hiding behind as the ground rumbled. Her smile broadened, this one would be verrrry interesting. She crouched lower behind the boxes in case the child could see her, and called out “I’m over here!”

Just now, turtle said:

"Hooray." Akii said flatly "You are in a place. Good to know." Akii bent the boxes and the area behind them up, creating an even larger pillar. @Scarletfox

I'm assuming what you mean by this is you used earth to move the boxes and put Rubrum up on a pillar?

Rubrum's smile broadened even further as the ground rumbled beneath her. She learned something new every day. Rubrum stood, revealing herself in all her glory. The moon glinted off of her eyes as she maintained her fake voice and said "I'm lost, will you help me?"

Very creepy

yes yes indeed. I was actually thinking that the boxes where still on the pillar, but this works too.

"Well I'm actually lost too." Akii said, looking at the person. Pretty good with accents. Thats definitely not a toddler.  Akii pointed toward where she had come from. "That's Elendel. The big city on Scadrial." Akii narrowed her eye, staring at the person. "What's your name?"

@Scarletfox

Akii moved the pillar down so they where on an even plane. "Well, maybe you should pick a name. I'm Akii and I guess I could give you a shelter or something. Try not to die while I explore this place." She hopped off the mound, breaking her fall with her bending. Was the place deserted?

@Scarletfox

Edited by turtle

Backstory time!

Kacen examined the safe house beneath him. It had an excellent location, situated in the middle of the misted mountains, far away from those who would wish it's owner ill, barely distinguishable from the snowy mountainside it was situated on. The only true suggestion to it's presence were the heavily armed men guarding the entrance.

It looked like an easy job, quickly in, and quicker out.

He glanced at the pile of spikes next to him, pure steel, all of them. He pulled on a spike, and it shot into his hand, then he turned and looked at the men on the other mountain. It was roughly three hundred feet across, a manageable distance.

He held out his hand, still clutching the spike, and it shot from his hand, embedding in one of the men's chests. Cries of alarm echoed through the snowy peaks, as they scrambled for cover. He picked up another spike, slamming it into the cold ground, and shot across the canyon. As he flew, two spikes shot into his hand.

He landed and the work of destruction began among them.

He grabbed the body of the man he'd first killed, and used it as a shield from the guns, opening fire on him. Using steel, he pulled a man's rifle from his hand, and shot him, and his companion with it. Then killed two more with the spikes. He ran up to one of them, and threw the fellow off the mountain. Only three to go. Burning iron, he pushed a rifle into the man's chest, sending another one screaming down the mountain. Dropping the body, he shot another spike into another man's chest. One left. 

He pulled the man's rifle from his hands. And began to advance on him. "Please, have mercy." Kacen walked right up to him, and knocked him out cold. He needed to leave some alive.

He turned, and stared at the doors in front of him. Blast proof, gas proof, but not Kacen proof. His spikes reared up behind him, and began to pound it down. Thud, thud, thud, thud, thud, thud. It collapsed inwards.

Inside there was a single man, holding a rifle.

He began firing, but Kacen, burning steel, ripped the gun from his hands.

The man glared at him.

"Hello doctor." The man spat at his shoes, "I see you've come to kill me." 

Kacen chuckled, "If I was coming to do that, you'd be dead. Your messing with gods, good sir, and that is never a wise idea."

"You da-" 

A spike hit the man in the head, knocking him unconscious. 

Kacen slung him over his shoulder, walked out of the safe house, gingerly stepping over the bodies littering the outside, and shot across the canyon.

An airship came floating gently down, to send him back to base. Mission accomplished. 

1 hour ago, turtle said:

Akii moved the pillar down so they where on an even plane. "Well, maybe you should pick a name. I'm Akii and I guess I could give you a shelter or something. Try not to die while I explore this place." She hopped off the mound, breaking her fall with her bending. Was the place deserted?

@Scarletfox

“What do you do to the ground?” Rubrum asked innocently.

Yeah, I have an extemp round in a couple minutes so I'll have to go for a bit too

Rubrum followed silently. There was only one sound of footsteps on the ground, and those were the child's. Rubrum placed one of hands into her cloak, wondering which weapon would be best, though she didn't take anything out yet.

1 minute ago, turtle said:

Akii walked around, looking for signs of people. Suddenly, she saw a nightclub with corpses leaking out of it. She shivered, blocking up the door using her earth bending. Was that girl the only survivor? 

Rubrum continued to follow the child until they reached the nightclub. The child seemed bothered by the corpses, and seemed to manipulate the ground once more. Interesting.... Allowing for a bit of fear to enter her voice, Rubrum asked, "What happened there?!"

Yes, she's still talking like a seven year old even though it's obvious she's not one

1 hour ago, turtle said:

Akii shrugged. "Sorry, but it seems like a murderer came to your town." Akii used a burst of earth to lift herself onto the top of a building, which creaked with every step she took.

Aye, perhaps, although I think that one gets a little too close to my Fox character (and if I ever have a character named bluntly, the scarlet fox, I will need to spend a a week locked in my room brainstorming to make sure it's the perfect character--perfect as in everything matches up about her personality and stuff). 

Spoiler

And this character isn't included in my planned multiverse of foxes; there can only be one in each universe

Rubrum doesn't really care what people call her, as long as it sounds cool to her. She has quite a few nicknames, but I have one in mind that I'm hoping will surface naturally...

As the child jumped onto the roof of the building over, Rubrum smiled discreetly. Yes, a murderer had come to this little town. This child, Akii, was very... cold. That was something Rubrum liked. A shame, really. 

Rubrum hummed a few notes, but then stopped herself; no reason to reveal herself as a threat too soon. So she instead stepped on a nearby box, and leapt onto the roof from there in a swift movement. She stood there, quietly surveying the scene. The creaks of the wood beneath the child's feet were the only sound to be heard for miles around. The eery silence was wonderful, and there would be only one satisfying way to break it.

Rubrum could have easily just snap this girl's neck from behind, but what was the fun in that?  Rubrum closed her eyes and reached back into her cloak, she would let it pick for her for this time. When she withdrew her hand, it was holding a couple feet of rope. Strangling wasn't any fun either! So she tried again, and this time came out with a match. Well, she could use that when she left the city, but burning people just wasn't the same. So she placed the match in on of her smaller pockets and tried one last time, bringing out a very certain dagger. The hilt was wrapped in rolled gauze and the blade was crude. If she wasn't trying to be quiet, Rubrum would have sighed, but this would do. 

Rubrum advanced like a ninja upon the girl from behind, this Akii was not very good at identifying threats. Rubrum came up behind her, and stabbed her through the back on the right side, just missing the heart. In less than a second, each of Rubrum's hands contained glittering smooth daggers. Time to see if this girl proved worthy Rubrum's time. 

The knife would likely go through a lung, but not be necessarily fatal. 

Edited by Scarletfox

oh and she's still a unsnapped steel misting.

Akii gasped as she was stabbed, quickly building herself a tower as the pain became unbearable. She bended the dagger out of her chest, bandaging it with a peice of cloth ripped from her shawl. She started storing speed, knowing she might need it later. "What was that?" it felt hard to breath, so she did what she had known not to do for so long. She grabbed a vial of water off her belt and drank it, swallowing the only inheritance she had, a small metal bead. She burned it, feeling a warmth inside her stomach. She turned around, staring at the cloaked red figure and bending a thousand tiny spikes in the air. If only I knew what that thing did. 

Akii had only been told to keep it on her at all time and swallow it in a emergency, and she was pretty sure this counted as a emergency. 

@Scarletfox

Edited by turtle

51 minutes ago, turtle said:

Akii gasped as she was stabbed, quickly building herself a tower as the pain became unbearable. She bended the dagger out of her chest, bandaging it with a peice of cloth ripped from her shawl. She started storing speed, knowing she might need it later. "What was that?" it felt hard to breath, so she did what she had known not to do for so long. She grabbed a vial of water off her belt and drank it, swallowing the only inheritance she had, a small metal bead. She burned it, feeling a warmth inside her stomach. She turned around, staring at the cloaked red figure and bending a thousand tiny spikes in the air. If only I knew what that thing did. 

Akii had only been told to keep it on her at all time and swallow it in a emergency, and she was pretty sure this counted as a emergency. 

@Scarletfox

Rubrum took a few steps while humming, and added a few words to the tune here or there to give just enough power to..... yes. Rubrum stepped right through the fabric of space onto the tower with the child. Rubrum immediately went barreling into Akii, pushing her off the ledge and sending them both plummeting toward the ground.

Akii panicked as she fell, not knowing what to do. Suddenly, a burst of blue lines escaped from her chest. Akii pulled on one of them, yanking her towards a metal hinge. Akii grunted as she was rammed against the door, breaking it and depositing herself inside a abandoned home. Even though she should be gasping for air, she actually felt better than when she had been. stabbed. Akii growled, searching for the girl. "you can do that to me. You can do that to me any day. Just don't do that to me and leave." Akii didn't have time to question her newfound powers. She just had to use them as best she could to bring justice to who had stabbed her. She somehow made the blue lines come back, though they felt somehow different. She pulled on one, launching her into the air.

@Scarletfox

8 hours ago, turtle said:

Akii panicked as she fell, not knowing what to do. Suddenly, a burst of blue lines escaped from her chest. Akii pulled on one of them, yanking her towards a metal hinge. Akii grunted as she was rammed against the door, breaking it and depositing herself inside a abandoned home. Even though she should be gasping for air, she actually felt better than when she had been. stabbed. Akii growled, searching for the girl. "you can do that to me. You can do that to me any day. Just don't do that to me and leave." Akii didn't have time to question her newfound powers. She just had to use them as best she could to bring justice to who had stabbed her. She somehow made the blue lines come back, though they felt somehow different. She pulled on one, launching her into the air.

@Scarletfox

Rubrum was surprised to feel the girl pulling away to the side. How interesting. A challenge. Rubrum hummed a few notes and found herself landing her fall with a roll right in front of Akii.

Rubrum stood, smiled, and spoke in her true voice, which was still relatively high pitched and sickeningly sweet, "Oh I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon. I need something first.”

Edited by Scarletfox